Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

zero29

Arbiter
twas the same with vats in fo3. ridiculous hit&crit chances for ludicrous gibs.

VATS is still strong in NV, 25%damage reduction plus 6% critical hit boost is still a lot (and I think melee/unarmed still causes 2x damage). You just have to avoid using it when it would obviouly result in you getting hit (melee enemy charging at you, ranged enemy just finished reloading, grenadier enemy just threw a pineapple at your position, etc). People entered VATS to survive attacks that would've been lethal in FO3, which borders on exploit and shows the damage reduction was a quick band-aid that was tested for maybe five minutes.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I used VATS in FNV almost only against melee enemies, because of that annoying duck-attack animation. Realtime combat with ironsights (once i realized the were misaligned)and Veronica mopping up what comes close worked pretty well, making VATS more of a panic button.
In FO3 some weapons, the assault rifles for example, were pretty pointless without VATS. Designed for NPCs with unlimited ammo to produce a constant stream of low dmg bullettrain, the high spread made it useless in the hands of a player unless you shoved it up the enemies nose. In VATS however, it became a deadly accurate tool of mayhem. Maybe a crit roll made it automatic hits or something.
So yeah, at the end of the day I do prefer the FNV version.

Regarding the Gaybryo/Creashun engine discussion:

I was under the impression the Bethesda engine is basically two parts:
a) the part for scripting and mechanics
b) the graphics display

The scripting half is still more or less the same since morrowind (or longer), which makes sense considering that designers do not have create new tools and learn using them.
So when they said the removed every trace of Gamebyro, they just mean they are now using a completely new lenseflare generator plugin, instead of the Creation (which was AFAIK just a modified Gamebryo and they have reached the limit of what they can slap on it).

As soon as FO4 will be released the usual "OMG there's liek the same scripts liek from old days, it says morrowind here! THIS IS like NOT ANEW ENGINE!11" rants will appear anyway.

Graphics and tech has never been Bethesda's weak point, and mods will always fix the bugs. It's the content that worries. But Skyrim showed some improvements on that part, so I am carefully optimistic to get at least a "it's good for what it is" FO4.
And there is always the chance of Obsidian making their own version while Bethesda works on TES6. :salute:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You guys are going to love this

http://www.vice.com/read/dear-bethe...elder-scrolls-vi-as-drab-as-skyrim-thanks-038

Dear Bethesda, Please Make 'The Elder Scrolls VI' More 'Oblivion' and Less 'Skyrim,' Thanks

:lol:

schadenfreude away.

So, they seem to be speaking about the general palette, thus I guess they really want TES6 to provide the same visual experience as this gif?

tumblr_lz1sm3w86z1qze40vo1_500.gif

PS - that's one of the most retarded articles I ever read in my whole life, and not just gaming-related, but in absolute terms. Dear author, just kill yourself go back playing Barbie Adventures.

Sykar

Arcane

http://www.vice.com/read/dear-bethe...elder-scrolls-vi-as-drab-as-skyrim-thanks-038

Dear Bethesda, Please Make 'The Elder Scrolls VI' More 'Oblivion' and Less 'Skyrim,' Thanks

schadenfreude away.

So, they seem to be speaking about the general palette, thus I guess they really want TES6 to provide the same visual experience as this gif?

PS - that's one of the most retarded articles I ever read in my whole life, and not just gaming-related, but in absolute terms. Dear author, just kill yourself go back playing Barbie Adventures.

tumblr_mb091bTK5Z1qf12swo1_500.jpg

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man... i wish!

That would be Oblivion with LSD!
Could actually be playable.

I actually quite liked the colours of Skyrim, and absence thereof. Maybe it's because I live in a mountain area, but I think the landscape and general atmosphere are probably the best aspects of Skyrim. It is a hiking simulator, after all. It is also nice to appreciate the subtle changes in scenery and palette across the various Holds (e.g. the gloomy swamp near Solitude, the Autumn-coloured woods near Riften, the Arctic desolation of Winterhold, the beige tundra around Whiterun...).

Furthermore, Skyrim was closer to the visual coherence and design of Morrowind (which also was fairly drab and a bit "grim").

Oblivion, on the other hand, was an unbearable bloomfest of greener-than-green vegetation and epilepsy-inducing colouring.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

schadenfreude away.

Liking the travesty Disneyland on LDS Cyrodill turned to be is one thing but this is only one superficial symptom of more grave plague:

All quest lines (in one go), all achievements, all everything with bells on.

This is what dirty consoltard manboon peasants and cattle wants from games electronic entertainment. This is why Age of Decadence with its lack of achievements and locking portions of game won't be commercial success Komrade VD. Choices and Consequences.

:killit::flamesaw::dead::negative:

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
According to leaked Fallout 4 documents, Fallout 4 will be set in Boston.

eh? when was this leaked?

schadenfreude away.

Jesus Christ, can someone login to twitter and tell this... man that he should shut the fuck up and continue to suck dicks instead?

no one in their right mind wants anything close to what Oblivion was.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
According to leaked Fallout 4 documents, Fallout 4 will be set in Boston.

eh? whan was this leaked?

schadenfreude away.

Jesus Christ, can someone login to twitter and tall this... man that he should shut the fuck up and continue to suck dicks instead?

no one in their right mind wants anything close to what Oblivion was.

I think it was just a rumor but afaik no one from Bethtard ever confirmed it.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron

This is what dirty consoltard manboon peasants and cattle wants from games electronic entertainment. This is why Age of Decadence with its lack of achievements and locking portions of game won't be commercial success Komrade VD. Choices and Consequences.

I agree with you, but I think the guy is just bullshitting.

hiver

Of course Skyrim has very good color palette and much better nature design then Obliblion. Its not even a question.
The extra funny or horrible angle is that the guy also wants the horrific gameplay too.

Thats what a sane person would think, but im afraid the truth is worse then that.

I have to rescind on the idea of Oblivious with LSD. Man that would be the ultimate bad trip. Jacobs ladder x100.

Modron

Arcane

Ubisoft already delivered a game with that visual experience.:troll:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Look at the rest of his site its SJW cum dump Kommissar doubts he is trolling; degeneracy and decadence in morals and :decline: in games always come together.

Drax

Arcane

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron

Look at the rest of his site its SJW cum dump Kommissar doubts he is trolling; degeneracy and decadence in morals and :decline: in games always come together.

Sorry, I should have said, I meant I think he's bullshitting in regard to playing both games to 100% completion. It sounds like an exaggeration for the sake of the article. But indeed, reading the rest of the article, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that yes, he's actually -that- retarded!

buzz

Arcane
man, that was a depressing read.
:Mfor a second I thought you were talking about this thread. I imagine this will become the second biggest topic on RPGCodex once Fallout 4 is actually confirmed, way behind the SJW one of course but fighting for the second place with the tits thread from GD.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I bet I have fun with whatever they release, and I bet I play it at least until Fallout 5 comes out. I'll probably pre-order it and buy every DLC on release day.

I enjoy the gamebryo engine just fine, because I'm not a graphics whore. Every AAA release needs it's community to create bugfixes for it because apparently all the talented programmers are unemployed.

Those that are butthurt about Bethesda are the same people that are butthurt about literally every single thing that happens to them, and those people are useless.

imweasel

I bet I have fun with whatever they release, and I bet I play it at least until Fallout 5 comes out. I'll probably pre-order it and buy every DLC on release day. [...] Those that are butthurt about Bethesda are the same people that are butthurt about literally every single thing that happens to them, and those people are useless.
You're going to make a lot of friends here.

:avatard:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom