Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

DraQ

Arcane
PD: Really love how "dragons" looks in Skyrim.
:hearnoevil: yourself.

They've been looking this way in TES since at least Redguard.
I've never been a fan of Wyvern style Dragon anatomy but at least they are staying consistent:

ScreenShot%2042.jpg
800px-OB-quest-Light_the_Dragonfires_02.jpg

tcoc_imperial_city_akatosh_statue_final.jpg

tl;dr:
Do you get to the Clown District very often? Oh, what am I saying - you live there.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Arguing that Bethesda got dragon designs 'wrong' because they have two legs instead of four is the height of autistic nit-picking. You're arguing about the 'correct' depiction of a fucking fictitious creature whose appearance in medieval folklore worldwide has never been commonly agreed upon beyond "giant serpent", with varying amounts of heads, legs, and even with or without wings.

I think Skyrim is banalshitboring, but even I don't stoop to using that argument as a justification for shitting on the game.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
PD: Really love how "dragons" looks in Skyrim.
:hearnoevil: yourself.

They've been looking this way in TES since at least Redguard.
I've never been a fan of Wyvern style Dragon anatomy but at least they are staying consistent:

ScreenShot%2042.jpg
800px-OB-quest-Light_the_Dragonfires_02.jpg

tcoc_imperial_city_akatosh_statue_final.jpg

tl;dr:
Do you get to the Clown District very often? Oh, what am I saying - you live there.
counts DraQ's legs

Yeah but you gotta agree 4-legged dragons look better than those bat looking things.

Standard shit youtuber millenial that intonates every sentence like it's a question and spews out unadulterated garbage like it's the ultimate truth. i.e. Skyrim's target audience

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
This whole stealth archer meme has been going around for years but the only enemy I've ever shot in stealth mode is that bear in the opening cave.

DraQ

Arcane
Plenty of bad advice there, like suggesting a vanilla playthrough is even worthwhile.
He seems to suggest it's good for enjoying it for what it is - sounds about right to me when it comes to vanilla Skyrim.
:martini:

Mentions how all the good mods on PC anyway too (but neglects to say that many of them are not SE compatible so far).

Also LOL at how kill anims seem to lag in the vid - the guy slashes a draugr, there is a good portion of second when nothing happens, then suddenly the draugr folds up violently as it remembers that it should react to the impact.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Beth working on the first update

General performance and optimization improvement
Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations
Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Modded, even though no mods are active
Updated some sound files to not use compression

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom