Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
This is supposed to be 64bit instead of 32bit like the original so it should be better for modding, at least in the long term.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Steam reviews say it all. Yet modders and players will still prioritize the "special" edition over the legendary one even though it looks roughly the same, it presents mere graphical tweaks and runs like crap, for the sole reason of being the latest thing. I hate people.

I assume you got it for free so why so bitter? This was obviously a release to get consul tards to pay $60 for a 5 year old game.

The big thing for PC users is the migration over to 64 bit but of course it will be weeks or months before its worth playing.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
hungover-768x348.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh. Just heard about this. I got a lot of mileage out of Skyrim, but ... just a graphics upgrade? Why on earth should I care?

Drakron

Arcane
Steam reviews say it all. Yet modders and players will still prioritize the "special" edition over the legendary one even though it looks roughly the same, it presents mere graphical tweaks and runs like crap, for the sole reason of being the latest thing. I hate people.

Because everyone that got the Legendary also have the Special Edition by default.

This is a dumb argument, the special edition is what most players will have because it was CHEAPER to get the Legendary during a sale that getting Dragonborn, and its the Special Edition that needs to have mods ported over to work with it, its like bitching people supporting Dragonborn when it come out.

Already 40% negative ratings on Steam, and all of these people got it for free. Hilarious. It is true that this would be a completely redundant remaster on the PC though if it weren't for the 64bit support. It seems like the main attraction (mods) won't really be available for a few months now when SKSE is finally updated to work around the garbage bethesda.net system. So... That means it's actually going to be worse than the original for a few weeks/months.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
How come steam says mixed reviews while Skyrim has Overwhelmingly Positive feedback?
What did reviewers they think they'll get TES VI?
Steam community is getting worse and worse, at least some groups on Steam.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
How come steam says mixed reviews while Skyrim has Overwhelmingly Positive feedback?
What did reviewers they think they'll get TES VI?
Steam community is getting worse and worse, at least some groups on Steam.

People mostly are stupid, news at 11

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
It's just a graphic update, yes, but TAA looks very nice. The picture looks smoother than anything I saw previously. Skyrim visual design is still best thing ever so it's great.

Too bad the game itself is still the same bland straightforward open world and modders are tasteless as usual.

Morkar Left

You get better gfx and 64bit for free for an old game. Why are people complaining? Probably the few butthurt people who hadn't bought all DLC and stir up some "steam" now.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
You get better gfx and 64bit for free for an old game. Why are people complaining? Probably the few butthurt people who hadn't bought all DLC and stir up some "steam" now.

Maybe there are new problems introduced, technical ones?

Morkar Left

Bugs can be expected. Bt it's not like it's fucking up your current installation. It's a separated installation.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Reviews are made to be purchasing advice so if there are serious bugs that prevent you from playing or enjoying the game that's a very good reason to give a negative rewiew.

From the review comments though it sounds like many players were expecting a brand new game, or at least a game that looks as good as recent AAA releases. That's just not going to happen with a remaster that's mainly using 5 year old assets.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
aaaaaaand SkyUI already got ported, no need for SKSE, the UI is there, only lacking is some map stuff and favourites menu

Jesus, he thought it was okay to unlock the FPS didn't he?

Does he not know what that does to the physics in a Bethesda game?

hqdefault.jpg

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Seems like a lot of skyrim mods are directly compatible with the special edition, so if you have a favorite mod that hasn't been ported you can try just loading it in the SE and see what happens. More complex mods with a lot of scripting are less likely to work I would guess, and anything requiring SKSE is right out, obviously.

DraQ

Arcane
Seems like a lot of skyrim mods are directly compatible with the special edition, so if you have a favorite mod that hasn't been ported you can try just loading it in the SE and see what happens. More complex mods with a lot of scripting are less likely to work I would guess, and anything requiring SKSE is right out, obviously.
Which means trading ability to rework things that need the most attention, like crappy mechanics and gameplay systems, for somewhat stale, and in some cases rotten (DoF, oversaturated colors) eyecandy.
:gumpyhead:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom