Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Hassknecht

Learned

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Lol the fuck you mean almost as good, its like a tech demo vs a full game. It has a dope trap beat in the intro and thats about it.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Daggerfall>>Oblivion>>Skyrim>Morrowind>Arena
Ohohoh, I know that one!
"Which games have I never played but pretend to know about in random online forums?"
*dingdingding*
That's correct! 500 points!
Beat you to it brah
Fucken ninjas...
I'll give you that yours was more clever, mine was more anger at the dumbfuck placing my favorites of the series at the fucking bottom. But I rest my case

Wayward Son

Lol the fuck you mean almost as good, its like a tech demo vs a full game. It has a dope trap beat in the intro and thats about it.
Has better dungeon design, better class design, better mechanics, better spellcasting, more balanced enchanting(since you couldn't enchant your own shit better than an ancient artifact of godly/demonic power). The only thing Daggerfall has up on Arena is story quality and breadth of content. Not saying Daggerfall is bad, just no better than Arena. Oh wait, sorry, forgot I wasn't arguing with someone who accepts logic and reason in his arguments.

Falksi

Arcane
Even mindless games have to stimulate the player, and the sad truth of both Oblivion & Skyrim is that they struggle to do either.

Everything is so ridiculously cookie-cutter and repetitive, that's once you've seen 5% of the game, you're pretty much seen it all.

Only the lush music & nice atmosphere in Skyrim held my interest for a bit. Actually playing it quickly became a predictable chore. Oblivion was the same, but without the atmosphere.

Last edited:

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
To this day if you can pick up Oblivion GOTY for 10$ its more than worth it just to do the thief/dark brotherhood questlines and the shivering isles. But can you just pick up Skyrim and enjoy it? The technical progress it has already feels dated and the quests are garbage. Can you also just pick up Morrowind and do some questlines? No because you need to grind for hours to be able to reach that content.

Wayward Son

To this day if you can pick up Oblivion GOTY for 10$
I own Oblivion. Btw, you can get Arena for free.
its more than worth it just to do the thief/dark brotherhood questlines and the shivering isles.
Meh, I'd rather save that $10 for when something I'd actually get enjoyment out of the entire game goes on sale.
But can you just pick up Skyrim and enjoy it?
Yes since I own it. If I feel like playing Mindless Norse Hack n Slash Simulator then I can just boot it up.
The technical progress it has already feels dated and the quests are garbage.
No argument from me here.
Can you also just pick up Morrowind and do some questlines?
Yes
No because you need to grind for hours to be able to reach that content.
I'm a degenerate motherfucker and I never felt the need to grind while playing all the way through the main story, tribunal, bloodmoon, thieves guild and morag tong. But sure, whatever you say. I've also played through most of the fighter's guild and never felt that. Maybe the mages guild is like that, but I don't really play mages in rpgs often so idk. I've only played a bit into any of the great houses but they seemed fun. Why don't you actually play into the game before making baseless and stupid complaints you fucking cuntbiscuit?

Hassknecht

Learned
He's pissed that Caius Cosades flat out tells you to go out and do some adventures before continuing the main quest.

Wayward Son

He's pissed that Caius Cosades flat out tells you to go out and do some adventures before continuing the main quest.
lolwut. That's the best part of the MQ. Makes it so the open world design of the game makes sense in context of the main quest. Guy is literally retarded.

Okagron

Prophet
He likes his bandits like he likes his coffee:
Scaled to your level and clad in glass armor.

Wait, what?
I honest to God pointed out the idiocy of this when I was 8.
The even more stupid part is that those bandits can just sell the glass and daedric shit they have and make a ton of gold. But no, fuck that, let's still try to steal from people in the road that have like 10 gold and a sweetroll on them.

Risewild

Arbiter
lolwut. That's the best part of the MQ. Makes it so the open world design of the game makes sense in context of the main quest. Guy is literally retarded.
He only like RPGs where he can rush the main quest and finish the game the sooner the better. That is what everything he said about all the RPGs he played points to. But the more he flaps his lips, the more people find out that he doesn't seem to have played almost any game he talks about. Maybe he bought the games and installed them and then reads the main quests on the wikis and uninstalls, because he beat the game. :lol:

Stella Brando

Arcane
Except that vampire chick that's forced on you for some quests ruins all your summons by raising useless shit all the time :troll:
That vampire chick was a shocking disappointment.

Your first encounter started out okay:

"What the hell, there is a woman inside the monolith?! And she is alive?!"

But then, she starts talking like a Valley Girl teenager:

"Hey, so like you know whatever, I am totally a vampire, takemetodaddypls."

Serana is about 4000 years old, she's just using the accent that was common at the time.

It wouldn't sound right if she had the usual Nord voice anyway, House Volkihar is too refined.

Luckily her parents sound English, I guess Serana just watched too many American TV shows.

Stella Brando

Arcane
I suppose I am not the only one to notice this, but I was impressed by how close it was.

chZp0.png
1512493-20.jpg

WRylH.png
12365277.jpg

Ra's al Ghul, given the gift of immortality by the Lazarus Pit, started out as a righteous vigilante in pursuit of justice. But he slowly started losing his mind due to his immortality, and began to regard mortals as evil cattle fit to be destroyed and replaced with superior virtuous creatures. His League of Assassins was formed to serve as fellow instruments to his cause, with them too receiving the same gifts if loyal. When his daughter and League member, Talia al-Ghul finds a saviour in Bruce "The Detective" Wayne, Ra's al Ghul requests The Detective to become a part of his little empire and serve his cause. But The Detective, if tempted to be part of his cause, is a little disturbed by the Demon's Head, as is his daughter Talia al Ghul.

Harkon Valkihar, given the gift of immortality by the Molag Bal, started out as a righteous vigilante in pursuit of justice. But he slowly started losing his mind due to his immortality, and began to regard mortals as evil cattle fit to be destroyed and replaced with superior virtuous creatures. His House Valkihar was formed to serve as fellow instruments to his cause, with them too receiving the same gifts if loyal. When his daughter and House member, Serana Valkihar, finds a saviour in the Aspect of Akatosh, Ra's al Ghul requests The Dovahkiin to become a part of his little empire and serve his cause. But The Dovahkiin, if tempted to be part of his cause, is a little disturbed by the Servant of Molag Bal, as is his daughter Serana Valkihar.

What is this, Batman or something?

The plot of Dawnguard is taken from the Who Shot Mr. Burns? Simpsons episode.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
I suppose I am not the only one to notice this, but I was impressed by how close it was.

chZp0.png
1512493-20.jpg

WRylH.png
12365277.jpg

Ra's al Ghul, given the gift of immortality by the Lazarus Pit, started out as a righteous vigilante in pursuit of justice. But he slowly started losing his mind due to his immortality, and began to regard mortals as evil cattle fit to be destroyed and replaced with superior virtuous creatures. His League of Assassins was formed to serve as fellow instruments to his cause, with them too receiving the same gifts if loyal. When his daughter and League member, Talia al-Ghul finds a saviour in Bruce "The Detective" Wayne, Ra's al Ghul requests The Detective to become a part of his little empire and serve his cause. But The Detective, if tempted to be part of his cause, is a little disturbed by the Demon's Head, as is his daughter Talia al Ghul.

Harkon Valkihar, given the gift of immortality by the Molag Bal, started out as a righteous vigilante in pursuit of justice. But he slowly started losing his mind due to his immortality, and began to regard mortals as evil cattle fit to be destroyed and replaced with superior virtuous creatures. His House Valkihar was formed to serve as fellow instruments to his cause, with them too receiving the same gifts if loyal. When his daughter and House member, Serana Valkihar, finds a saviour in the Aspect of Akatosh, Ra's al Ghul requests The Dovahkiin to become a part of his little empire and serve his cause. But The Dovahkiin, if tempted to be part of his cause, is a little disturbed by the Servant of Molag Bal, as is his daughter Serana Valkihar.
What is this, Batman or something?

The plot of Dawnguard is taken from The Who Shot Mr. Burns? Simpsons episode.

Yes, that is Batman.

Though I have missed the quest where Serana roofies the Dragonborn, gets herself pregnant, then takes the kid to her dad so he can turn his grandson into a little murder machine and use magical bullshit to artifically accellerate his aging to allow the kid to have a role in the story where he actually does things.

Losus4

Literate
Forced 3rd person killcams ruined Skyrim for me, for such an intrusive thing to have no toggle despite all the remasters is unforgivable.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Whenever I see people talk about Skyrim online, and they say the 'Dragonborn did this' or the 'Dragonborn did that' it makes me think: wait a second, who is that? 'The Dragon' Bjorn? Did I even meet that guy? Then I realise, oh that's me, the player. It's like people focus on the least interesting parts (the main quest). The main character isn't someone who travelled around a bit, got into some interesting scrapes, retired in a small mansion, and now tells their children about said adventures over a few meads. Such a person might actually be a character, in both the literal and figurative senses of the term. They could actually be interesting. No, the main character is a burly fellow whose interests include: a) shouting, and b) shouting at dragons.

I had the same problem with the cover image for Dawnguard. I was looking at it and thinking: 'wait a minute, who is this guy again?' Then I realise, oh that's meant to be the player character. The PC isn't a deadly yet charismatic assassin, he's just a hairy barbarian.

R-C.adcbc77e7e0807321d886defda753be6

Dawnguard really should have just put Serana on the cover. The Twilight movies had the sense to know that hot young people sell, I dont see why Skyrim: Twilight For Boys cant do the same.

16597959-1605985069.png

Thirsty women are in your area!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom