Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

xkilljoy98

I disagree quite a bit, I enjoyed the story and may other things about the game. There are indeed many ways Skyrim is better than oblivion and morrowind.

Perhaps you should stop complaining about "dumbing down" and just enjoy the game for what it is and what it has to offer. Look streamlining doesn't automatically mean that the game is bad, and perhaps nostalgia could also possibly have a role in this.

I'm not saying that all of your "complaints" are unwarranted, though some of it sounds exaggerated and makes me wonder why you would complain about certain things that you do.

Just some of my thoughts on the subject, in the end the whole topic is subjective.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Insect

Arcane
I disagree quite a bit, I enjoyed the story and may other things about the game. There are indeed many ways Skyrim is better than oblivion and morrowind.

Perhaps you should stop complaining about "dumbing down" and just enjoy the game for what it is and what it has to offer. Look streamlining doesn't automatically mean that the game is bad, and perhaps nostalgia could also possibly have a role in this.

I'm not saying that all of your "complaints" are unwarranted, though some of it sounds exaggerated and makes me wonder why you would complain about certain things that you do.

Just some of my thoughts on the subject, in the end the whole topic is subjective.

Perhaps you could explain your sentiments in more concrete ways?

Also obligitory:

CrawlingDead

Learned

No, shit the topic is subjective, do you think that needed to be said? We're not here to suck on Bethesda's butthole. We're here to have a decent discussion. Like I said, I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim, but there are many many things they dropped the ball on.

xkilljoy98

No, shit the topic is subjective, do you think that needed to be said? We're not here to suck on Bethesda's butthole. We're here to have a decent discussion. Like I said, I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim, but there are many many things they dropped the ball on.

I say that because I have found that by doing so the internet, helps avoid pointless opinion based arguments.

You don't have to be rude just because someone disagrees with you.

xkilljoy98

Also obligitory:

I've played every elder scrolls game, and did not find Skyrim to be "dumbed down". I didn't mind the stats/leveling up change, the "streamlining", the fact that you could join every guild (I'm not sure why some complain about this), quest markers, essential npcs, (insert other complaints here), etc. In fact a lot of it I felt were improvements. I even enjoyed the stories quit a bit.

Though Skyrim was my first TES game, so maybe I'm biased, idk.

I played them all in this order:

1. Skyrim
2. Oblivion
3. Morrowind
4. Online
5. Arena
6. Daggerfall

I've personally never been bothered by a lot of the stuff some claim to be negatives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Insect

Arcane

Also obligitory:

I've played every elder scrolls game, and did not find Skyrim to be "dumbed down". I didn't mind the stats/leveling up change, the "streamlining", the fact that you could join every guild (I'm not sure why some complain about this), quest markers, essential npcs, (insert other complaints here), etc. In fact a lot of it I felt were improvements. I even enjoyed the stories quit a bit.

1. Skyrim
2. Oblivion
3. Morrowind
4. Online
5. Arena
6. Daggerfall

I've personally never been bothered by a lot of the stuff some claim to be negatives.

So you didn't mind how they neutered the lore and world, the spellmaking, the already mediocre writing, and the plot and replaced it with level-scaling, a generic and inane main plot of saving the world, less creative spells, and a Disney forest in Oblivion and a slightly more interesting Frostland in Skyrim?

xkilljoy98

So you didn't mind how they neutered the lore and world, the spellmaking, the already mediocre writing, and the plot and replaced it with level-scaling, a generic and inane main plot of saving the world, less creative spells, and a Disney forest in Oblivion and a slightly more interesting Frostland in Skyrim?

The lore and world seemed fine to me, I found the writing to be average to good, to sometimes even very good, I didn't mind not having spell making, I liked the plot (you save the world in every TES game, and dragons were bound to be in an TES game eventually), I didn't mind level scaling, I liked the spells, I found the world interesting to explore, etc.

Answer your question?

CrawlingDead

Learned

I say that because I have found that by doing so the internet, helps avoid pointless opinion based arguments.

Relax your anus, I wasn't being rude. :D

90% of these nerds disagree with me here, and it's ok, because I don't expect every asshole to share my opinion.

CrawlingDead

Learned

Also obligitory:

1. Skyrim
2. Oblivion
3. Morrowind
4. Online
5. Arena
6. Daggerfall

I actually didn't mind either, didn't even lose any sleep. I wouldn't call them good RPGs, but that doesn't mean one can't enjoy them. Everyone plays derpy ass games. I would love to see your game collection. I know I'll find some derp ass shit in there.

xkilljoy98

Relax your anus, I wasn't being rude. :D

90% of these nerds disagree with me here, and it's ok, because I don't expect every asshole to share my opinion.

Uh ok then, I'm going to assume you weren't talking about me when you said asshole.

xkilljoy98

I actually didn't mind either, didn't even lose any sleep. I wouldn't call them good RPGs, but that doesn't mean one can't enjoy them. Everyone plays derpy ass games. I would love to see your game collection. I know I'll find some derp ass shit in there.

What exactly do you mean by derpy?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Codex is known for its harsh language and insults flying left and right so you should visit Site Feedback and request "Safe Space" tag from the moderators. That way everyone knows that you should be left alone.

CrawlingDead

Learned

What exactly do you mean by derpy?

Retarded, mindless, not much thinking. When it comes to Bethesda games, it's exactly what they are. You ride around on horseback and shoot things.

Now, play a game like Dark Queen of Krynn, not much strolling around the countryside in that game.

xkilljoy98

Codex is known for its harsh language and insults flying left and right so you should visit Site Feedback and request "Safe Space" tag from the moderators. That way everyone knows that you should be left alone.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Yeah I'm new here and I've been "skeptical" about using sites like this for various reasons. NMA and duck and cover are the same way. I have nothing against the sites or their members, it's just that I've found that a lot of the members come across as rude at times and a lot of their "complaints", are a bit exaggerated to say the least.

xkilljoy98

Retarded, mindless, not much thinking. When it comes to Bethesda games, it's exactly what they are. You ride around on horseback and shoot things.

Now, play a game like Dark Queen of Krynn, not much strolling around the countryside in that game.

Well I don't know about that, I've done thinking in games before (even in Bethesda games) and still enjoyed them quite a bit.

For my game collection, I've played lots of stuff, bioshock, system shock, fallout, elder scrolls, dead space, red dead, Zelda, etc. the list goes on.

thesoup

Arcane

Also obligitory:

1. Skyrim
2. Oblivion
3. Morrowind
4. Online
5. Arena
6. Daggerfall

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

racofer

Thread Incliner

Also obligitory:

1. Skyrim
2. Oblivion
3. Morrowind
4. Online
5. Arena
6. Daggerfall

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Sent from my Desktop using a Browser

CrawlingDead

Learned

Well I don't know about that, I've done thinking in games before (even in Bethesda games) and still enjoyed them quite a bit.

For my game collection, I've played lots of stuff, bioshock, system shock, fallout, elder scrolls, dead space, red dead, Zelda, etc. the list goes on.

There's nothing wrong with liking a game, but you have to ask if you're really into RPGs besides the Bethesda ones. I mean, except for Fallout, and I have to ask which one, none of them are RPGs at all.

RPGs are suppose to make you think -- your characters stats, your characters choices, and your characters actions.

The problem with Bethesda's games is that none that is important. It's about being able to pick up any quest with any factions and killing things. There's very little restriction to help define your character. This is a problem with their games as a whole because Morrowind suffered from a lack of this as well.

xkilljoy98

There's nothing wrong with liking a game, but you have to ask if you're really into RPGs besides the Bethesda ones. I mean, except for Fallout, and I have to ask which one, none of them are RPGs at all.

RPGs are suppose to make you think -- your characters stats, your characters choices, and your characters actions.

The problem with Bethesda's games is that none that is important. It's about being able to pick up any quest with any factions and killing things. There's very little restriction to help define your character. This is a problem with their games as a whole because Morrowind suffered from a lack of this as well.

I like bioware rpg's

Mass Effect
Dragon Age

I also like fable and wasteland 2 as well.

Cadmus

Arcane

Thanks, I'll try that.

Yeah I'm new here and I've been "skeptical" about using sites like this for various reasons. NMA and duck and cover are the same way. I have nothing against the sites or their members, it's just that I've found that a lot of the members come across as rude at times and a lot of their "complaints", are a bit exaggerated to say the least.

Maybe they wouldn't be rude to you if you didn't post retarded insane shit about how you find the writing in Skyrim "average to good" and "don't consider the streamlining automatically bad"
Jesus Christ, what a retarded cocksucker. It's good that your quest compass lead you directly to the quarantined zone designed for the mentally challenged - the Bethesda extermination camp subforum.

ENVIANDO MUO KOMPUTOR USANDO TAPATALK

EDIT: I forgot to mention you're obviously a troll alt but whatevs.

xkilljoy98

Maybe they wouldn't be rude to you if you didn't post retarded insane shit about how you find the writing in Skyrim "average to good" and "don't consider the streamlining automatically bad"
Jesus Christ, what a retarded cocksucker. It's good that your quest compass lead you directly to the quarantined zone designed for the mentally challenged - the Bethesda extermination camp subforum.

?

.......Um I'm not sure what to say about that......

I am well aware of how "violent/angry" some members can be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom