Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Caim

Arcane
Combat blows... You cannot fucking parry, dodge, or roll!
Hold mouse 2, press mouse 1. Dodge is taking a step back, but rolling needs a perk.

Also, they must've hauled ass ripping off the dragons from Game of Thrones, given that both season 1 of GoT and Skyrim came out in 2011.

Just out of curiousity... Are there any GOOD quest lines?
Depends on your definition of "good". By my reckoning, they all range from "dumb" to "bethesdumb", plus a special level of retarded called "Forsworn". Among them, I'd say Skyrim's story falls into the "dumb" category.
It's the "hike around killing things" kind of game, there's no narrative to any of it worth a mention.

Depends on your definition of "good". By my reckoning, they all range from "dumb" to "bethesdumb", plus a special level of retarded called "Forsworn". Among them, I'd say Skyrim's story falls into the "dumb" category.
It's the "hike around killing things" kind of game, there's no narrative to any of it worth a mention.

I just uninstalled it.

I was about to pass out from the extreme boredom anyways.

I've seen all that in Oblivion, where I spent hundreds of hours installing every texture pack I could find.

My OCD has gone into remission since.

Caim

Arcane
Don't forget the extra layer of dumb in the Dawnguard questline.

"I'm a vampire killer. Oh look, a vampire girl with an incomrephensibly powerful artifact. Let's not kill her and instead bring her to her family so they can use said artifact to do bad shit."

typical user

Arbiter
Skyrim combat is like a pillow fight, you bash your enemy until he gives up from that retarded rules and succumbs to his death. AI is like "I am an archer/mage better rush to enemy and be smacked with mace to my empty head". It's unplayable without mods. They are simply retarded in combat and helpless when sneaking.

The most retarded questline is Collage of Winterhold. You don't have to be a mage, all you need to do is kill stupid shit all around Skyrim lurking in caves until they recognize you as ultimate pest exterminator. Sounds familiar?

Thieves Guild has interesting quests on paper but is just about murdering more shit along the way. You can sneak but why handicap yourself if you can be loud&dumb idiot, kill all witnesses and steal valuables from their corpses, no?

AI is like "I am an archer/mage better rush to enemy and be smacked with mace to my empty head".

I think this part was fixed by one of the late official patches. Whem I played vanilla legendary edition mages and archers would hang back if I got behind cover and kept backpedaling if I approached with my shield up. (not that it mattered much if you have the protection from arrows and spells perks in Block)

Miner Arobar

Educated
College of Winterhold questline is a mess - would have been remedied easily with having some more radiant quests at the beginning, e.g. tracking down books for the Orc and the like, before the whole Psijic "You are the chosen one" stuff.

Thieves Guild I can't see so much wrong with, though. Once accepted that you're dealing with general criminal organization under the thumb of deeply unsympathetic local tycoon, rather than the plucky Robin Hood types from previous games. Radiant quests are about stealing stuff and you'll fail them if you start killing people. And the storyline sort of makes sense, or is at least comprehensible, in contrast to the College of Winterhold.

Granted, faction questlines are the only thing where, taken in isolation, Skyrim messed up worse than Oblivion. I still vastly prefer Skyrim for worldbuilding/lore/less grating NPCs, though.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Companions and Legion/Stormcloacks lines are good though especially with mods who add more radiant quests and skills check on so you can't be a faggot mage and become Harbinger. Dawnguard was big let down I would rather join the Inquisition Vigilants of Stendar but it did added crossbows back to game... Also Sul Cairn, Priory of Akatosh and Dawnguard HQs were cool... I wish the forts looked like it (Or Morrowind forts) and not like heap of ruined stones. Not to mention some of quests are not stupid espiecially the one where you have to find mass murderere and where following the arrow like a Consoltard will make you fail it. :incline:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Dragonborn was good for Moronwind nostalgia. Way better expansion than Bloodmoon ever was.

That quest with the Meadhall in particular was gud, you could side with Riekling and kill off those Nord cucks.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Happy Yew Year, Bethesda fans!

My Nord has smithing and two-handed at 100, and has completed the main, stormcloak, and companions quests. I also got the 100,000 gold pieces achievement before I decided to invest in property. It's about time I retired my character. Now I'm an old blacksmith and trader who wants to relax in my house, my glory days behind me. In order to roleplay this older figure, I only sleep in 2 hour increments, to simulate visits to the bathroom.

To celebrate 2016, I think I'll try the other quest lines with a stealth character. Being an assassin was fun in Oblivion.

Last edited:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

My Nord has smithing and two-handed at 100, and has completed the main, stormcloak, and companions quests. I also got the 100,000 gold pieces achievement before I decided to invest in property. It's about time I retired my character. Now I'm an old blacksmith and trader who wants to relax in my house, my glory days behind me. In order to roleplay this older figure, I only sleep in 2 hour increments, to simulate visits to the bathroom.

To celebrate 2016, I think I'll try the other quest lines with an stealth character. Being an assassin was fun in Oblivion.
yhvhjEM.gif

MWaser

Arbiter

To celebrate 2016, I think I'll try the other quest lines with an stealth character. Being an assassin was fun in Oblivion.
:nocountryforshitposters:

DraQ

Arcane

To celebrate 2016, I think I'll try the other quest lines with a stealth character. Being an assassin was fun in Oblivion.
Better celebrate by playing with Requiem.

racofer

Thread Incliner

roll-a-die

Magister
What's the problem guys? They told me codexers were cool.

Stealth in Bethesda games is broken. Want to play as an assassin, try Dishonored. End of story.
Stealth in Dishonored is broken as well.
But it worked, Stealth in bethesda games doesn't.
Mods have fixed it.
Not even really, the concept of stealth in bethesda games is broken, "Crouch and you become an invisible soundless killing machine of twanging bow strings" is not a good mechanic. The levels aren't set up for stealth either, there's very few paths that don't drop you directly on enemies. The lighting system barely works, and the tracing algorithm they use will have you be detected by light in an opposing corridor because it propagates through walls. The stealth is plain broken, it's not an aspect of the game that is meant to work, and even tweaking the base stealth systems, to give the AI better reactivity, doesn't make the game a satisfying nor good stealth experience.

racofer

Thread Incliner
What's the problem guys? They told me codexers were cool.

Stealth in Bethesda games is broken. Want to play as an assassin, try Dishonored. End of story.
Stealth in Dishonored is broken as well.
But it worked, Stealth in bethesda games doesn't.
Mods have fixed it.
Not even really, the concept of stealth in bethesda games is broken, "Crouch and you become an invisible soundless killing machine of twanging bow strings" is not a good mechanic. The levels aren't set up for stealth either, there's very few paths that don't drop you directly on enemies. The lighting system barely works, and the tracing algorithm they use will have you be detected by light in an opposing corridor because it propagates through walls. The stealth is plain broken, it's not an aspect of the game that is meant to work, and even tweaking the base stealth systems, to give the AI better reactivity, doesn't make the game a satisfying nor good stealth experience.
Mods have fixed that as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom