Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Caim

Arcane
At which point does Skyrim count as heavily modded? Having fixes for the UI, better textures, stuff that allows you to switch off the game suddenly murdering half the NPCs in Whiterun because FUCK YOU DRAGON/VAMPIRE/CULTIST ATTACK, better models and stuff like that? Or do you need more/less than that?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Tim Cain

3TlurzX.png

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
At which point does Skyrim count as heavily modded? Having fixes for the UI, better textures, stuff that allows you to switch off the game suddenly murdering half the NPCs in Whiterun because FUCK YOU DRAGON/VAMPIRE/CULTIST ATTACK, better models and stuff like that? Or do you need more/less than that?

Loverslab has all the answers. :troll:

Seriously Sky UI + Requiem + Better Horses+ SPT+Choice is yours and you are set... Didn't installed lot of effects mods beside wet and cold cause its make game crash despite having 4 times the RAM it needs but got stuff added by Requiem, Morrowloot and this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15508/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6085/

add the second Roman mod (not so lore friendly unless you choose not replacer version) and Skyrim even resembles AoD. :incline:

Caim

Arcane
Eh, Titan Quest was a pretty decent ancient world Diablo clone.

Loverslab has all the answers. :troll:

Seriously Sky UI + Requiem + Better Horses+ SPT+Choice is yours and you are set... Didn't installed lot of effects mods beside wet and cold cause its make game crash despite having 4 times the RAM it needs but got stuff added by Requiem, Morrowloot and this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15508/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6085/
Add the second Roman mod (not so lore friendly unless you choose not replacer version) and Skyrim even resembles AoD. :incline:
I got a few more than that: Thunderchild, some tweaks regarding who is Essential or not, some more random lines for the guards to say and so on.

Thunderchild is... well, it gives you quite a few more shouts but they're less straightforward (or useful) than the core Shouts. Sure, being able to Shout at an enemy and appear behind them is pretty fun, but that's one of the few Shouts I actually find myself using now and then.

I was unloading my loot in Whiterun's blacksmith when suddenly Braith walks by and says she's not afraid of me even though I'm her elder. This is not acceptable behaviour. Her father Amren isn't raising her right. This family must learn about raising people.

I waited until Amren went for his nighly jog and killed Brenuin the beggar, leaving his body on Amren's way. As he stopped to look at the body of his friend, I shoot him on the ass with a daedric arrow. I loot the body and use the staff of the revenant on him. We walk into their house and he punches his wife to death. We loot and shoot her too, and creep up the stairs.

Braith wakes up with her nude parents moaning next to her bed, bearing some sort of spiked dildo up their asses. As soon as she's done proclaiming her disbelief that the gods would let such a thing happen, I slash them in the gut with Dawnbreaker, melting off their skin and causing explosions that dislodge every item in the house. See, this is where the staff if the revenant comes in handy. The raise spells only work once per target, whose corpse turns to ash as the spell runs out. Staves don't have this limitation, so I can keep raising her parents multiple times until I slice the head off and the body becomes unusable. Any attempts to initiate dialogue with Braith from this point are cut off by a dry "I don't want to talk about it", until she breaks down and confesses she doesn't know what to do now. I tell her I could adopt her, she asks "Really?", and I say I changed my mind.

Are you afraid now, Braith?

Caim

Arcane
I was unloading my loot in Whiterun's blacksmith when suddenly Braith walks by and says she's not afraid of me even though I'm her elder. This is not acceptable behaviour. Her father Amren isn't raising her right. This family must learn about raising people.

I waited until Amren went for his nighly jog and killed Brenuin the beggar, leaving his body on Amren's way. As he stopped to look at the body of his friend, I shoot him on the ass with a daedric arrow. I loot the body and use the staff of the revenant on him. We walk into their house and he punches his wife to death. We loot and shoot her too, and creep up the stairs.

Braith wakes up with her nude parents moaning next to her bed, bearing some sort of spiked dildo up their asses. As soon as she's done proclaiming her disbelief that the gods would let such a thing happen, I slash them in the gut with Dawnbreaker, melting off their skin and causing explosions that dislodge every item in the house. See, this is where the staff if the revenant comes in handy. The raise spells only work once per target, whose corpse turns to ash as the spell runs out. Staves don't have this limitation, so I can keep raising her parents multiple times until I slice the head off and the body becomes unusable. Any attempts to initiate dialogue with Braith from this point are cut off by a dry "I don't want to talk about it", until she breaks down and confesses she doesn't know what to do now. I tell her I could adopt her, she asks "Really?", and I say I changed my mind.

Are you afraid now, Braith?
Ow the edge. And holy shit Braith is black. I always thought she was a Nord instead of a Redguard.

Also, turns out that Braith's a little bitch because her parents neglect her.

MWaser

Arbiter
yes, comparing the best parts of one thing you're attempting to make look good with the worst parts of the thing you're attempting to make look bad is totally a valid way of arguing

Here, how Fallout 4 is better than FONV
iBODwwu.png

vs

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
But hey, as opposed to unmodded Skyrim, at least it had a functional UI that didn't make you want to stab yourself in the guts
No, it didn't. The worst thing was that gigantic font that only let you see a few items at a time, which was totally a great idea in a game with a list inventory that allows you to carry a hundred billion items. Their solution for preventing repetitive strain injury from all that scrolling was having separate tabs for everything, which was clearly made with console controllers in mind and totally sucked when playing with mouse and keyboard. I couldn't stand it for one minute before having to download a mod for it, and I usually try to do at least one vanilla playthrough before even considering any mods.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So legendary edition + all patches, this is what happens when i start the game......

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/2qdnx2/til_jordis_is_coldblooded_as_fuck/

TIL Jordis is cold-blooded as fuck.

I asked my Solitude housecarl, Jordis the Sword Maiden, to take a steel battleaxe from beside the skyforge because I was getting close to over-encumbered and am lazy as fuck. In a rush, I hovered over 'take battleaxe' before accidentally clicking 'attack Eorlund'. In a nonchalant manner, whilst saying 'Okay, whatever you say' in a tone which sounds like I've asked her to do her homework, she takes out a nordic battleaxe, and smashes Eorlund over the head, murdering him in one go. I receive no bounty, but as Leader of the Companions have just murdered our prize blacksmith. Fuck.

TL;DR: Asked companion to pick up battleaxe because I was lazy, instead she murdered the greatest blacksmith of the modern age.

Please tell me you reloaded? I like Eorlund too much to let him be dead.

I thought about it, but I felt it was more 'natural' to just let this play out as one of the funny fuckups anybody can do once in a while. There was actually more dialogue than I expected once he's dead. His wife hates you, and when you mention 'who is the best smith in Whiterun?' she just gets mad at you. Even Avenicci kind of acknowledges his death in a way too. I like to think Jordis was just helping Adrianne get her moment in the spotlight though, even if that meant violently murdering an innocent old man.

Caim

Arcane
To be honest Eorlund gets mentioned all over the game, even by the smith all the way up in Windhelm. I wonder if he says anythin about it if Eorlund dies.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Who plays unmodded Skyrim?

The better question is who can surive playing unmodded Skyrim with their sanity still intact?

I tried to, literally fell asleep with the game on, and had more joy hunting bears than doing anything else. Game says I had around 100 hours played upon it, but I think 4/5th of that is me bobbing my head up and down slowly in the afternoon, fighting the urge to slumber from such boring gameplay before suddenly the next thing I knew, I woke up collapsed on the bed with the controller on the carpet. When the game literally lulls you to sleep by being that boring, you know they fucked up.

MWaser

Arbiter
Who plays unmodded Skyrim?

The better question is who can surive playing unmodded Skyrim with their sanity still intact?

I tried to, literally fell asleep with the game on, and had more joy hunting bears than doing anything else. Game says I had around 100 hours played upon it, but I think 4/5th of that is me bobbing my head up and down slowly in the afternoon, fighting the urge to slumber from such boring gameplay before suddenly the next thing I knew, I woke up collapsed on the bed with the controller on the carpet. When the game literally lulls you to sleep by being that boring, you know they fucked up.
:whatho:

Playing through Skyrim @ Legendary difficulty on 1st playthrough.

What a whack ass game.

If the Oblivion gates were ripped off from Diablo, then all the lame dragons are ripped off from Game of Thrones.

It's like the developers never came up with any good ideas in the first place and had an internal company poll of what to include in this bullshit.

Every item looks like it was placed in-game by robots, randomnly generating pointless stuff to make the game world seem "alive."

I hated the story in Oblivion. Skyrim's is unravelling to be nothing special too.

Combat blows... You cannot fucking parry, dodge, or roll!

Just out of curiousity... Are there any GOOD quest lines?

The vampire quest in Oblivion was actually pretty cool.

Just wish the rest of the game would have been!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom