Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Luzur

Good Sir
post-103460-0-42282500-1397880596.gif

Grab the mod while its hot!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/71657672

...heavy armor's main relevant perk is the one that can reflect the occasional hit.

To be fair, that perk and gravity are the only two things that can kill a character who used excessive exploits correctly.

The Ebony Warrior has that perk. The first time I went to fight him, I used a character who had used an exploit to get super powerful gear. The sword I used did millions of physical damage, and other millions of enchantment damages. One swing, and the physical damage was reflected back at me, and the enchantment damage still hit the Ebony Warrior. We both died instantly. That was one awkward walk through the mists of Sovngarde.

:lol:

Classic TES.

3lqdZwl.png

Scarmiglione

Barely Literate
lol, people saying oblivion and skyrim suck, while they can't even make tic tac toe. Anyway, I remember having loads of fun with both of them. Oblivion class&leveling system was really holding it back. I could never beat the game on a normal or above difficulty cause I never had enough patience to track what I should level, what I shouldn't level and what I actually leveled.... all the time. We needn't mention how scaling works, lol. Skyrim did that stuff a lot better at the expense of stats (perhaps simplicity works better with this type of games, I dunno, I'm not complaining). Dont know about story though, neither of the forementioned actually had anything to intrigue me, same old Tolkien fantasy stuff.

Scarmiglione

Barely Literate
lol I hate Final Fantasy... jrpg gameplay ftl. Didn't even know about* that boss up until you mentioned it... see where i am going here? ^_^
btw, what's up with this "who joined earlier" elitism? you have joined 10 yrs ago? wow, heres a medal, lol.

* edit

https://m.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/2gl82z/til_when_you_kill_someone_in_whiterun_they_get_a/

Basically, I had married Ysolda of Whiterun. She was an awesome wife, but I always had my eyes on this other girl, Hroki of Markarth. But I knew I'd never be able to marry her (with the NPC options missing and such), so I was fine settling down with Ysolda.

But then I learned about console commands. So there I was, chatting up Hroki while visiting Markarth on my usual Fredas evening trips. I then pull up my magic console, and whip out a few console spells onto her. Hroki is now marriageable, she is now a follower, and she is now invincible. Truly the perfect woman.

Alas, my plans were halted when I realized polygamy was against the "culture" of Skyrim. Being the type that didn't believe in divorce (alright I didn't know you could divorce in the game), I brought my wife, Ysolda, into an abandoned area of Whiterun at night. "Come here, my darling wife," I said. Then I stabbed her, and stabbed her, and stabbed her. I couldn't stop. "THIS IS FOR YOU, HROKI!" I'll never forget the look on Ysolda's face when she realized her own husband had betrayed her.

And it was that face, frozen against the woman I once knew and loved, juxtaposed against the crimson red pool of blood filling under her. "What have I done?" I asked myself. Hroki was just a girl in a slutty dress, Ysolda -- She was my WIFE! Quickly I thought, with my new skills in Conjuration, maybe I could undo what had been done. So I opened my book of Reanimation, and with my right hand summoned magick's darkest sector.

"Ysolda, I'm so sorry.... REANIMATE!" I cast the spell. Like a miracle, she arose in blinding bright blue lights. How could I forget what a beautiful woman she was? But something was not right. "Ysolda?" I said, curiously... quietly. She pulled up her fists. "Surely she isn't upset at me for reanimating her, right?" Bam, left jab. Bam, right hook. It is obvious my wife had held a grudge on me from beyond the grave. What a bitch. So I pulled out my dagger, and ended it once more. "Goodbye, my wife."

As if she never existed, she melted into ash. I quietly took her belongings that had not evaporated and put them into a chest in my room. Within the next couple days, her mysterious disappearance was noted and I was proclaimed a widower.

I traveled to Markarth, with an Amulet of Mara on my chest. Hroki was excited to see me, and I told her the news. She didn't care that my wife had been lost, just that now we could be married. For some reason, although this was everything I wanted, I couldn't help but feel... empty. In a couple days, I met up with Hroki in Riften, where our two souls were joined. I remember a naked courier being in the crowd. I told Hroki to go ahead and move herself into my home, and not to worry about any bandits on the road (she was invincible, after all).

Before leaving the church, I thought of the naked courier. But what puzzled me was not his nakedness.. I had seen him around before and it seems he likes to travel Skyrim in his undergarments. I approached him, and he handed me a letter, then said he had to go. I opened the letter and saw a black hand with the text, "We Know."

#emergentroleplay

That is fantastic. I think Hroki was the sweeter deal. However you inadvertently just created a potential premise for Taken 3? They're going to take Hroki, but if they let her go, that'll be the end of it. You will not look for them, you will not pursue them, you've spent years honing a particular set of skills. Skills that make you a nightmare for people like them.

post-38469-shit-just-got-real-gif-bad-boy-hxLc.gif

the_shadow

Arcane
Skyrim = Fun. Got rid of a lot of good stuff from Morrowind (ie. dumbed down), but added some good stuff as well (eg. perks to diversify characters).

Oblivion = One of the most boring games in existence. Got rid of the good stuff from Morrowind (ie. dumbed down), but kept the shit stuff (eg. having to juggle how you increases your major/minor skills so that you can optimise character attribute increases on level ups).

And yeah, most Skyrim quests devolve into 'Go into a dungeon to kill stuff and/or find artifact X', but at least that's entertaining. Hell, Icewind Dale is basically just a series of dungeon crawls that is still fun to this day. Oblivion's quests are more along the lines of 'Find the mage who turned invisible to prank the guild leader', which involves talking to a NPC two feet away, and then planting an item in a container upstairs.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
The allure of Skyrim is to go about through a dungeon, sneaking and looking in the dark. It's to wander about in a huge seamless world and feel immersed because of it's vastness and the first person view.

But then you realize that it's a bug fest. Combat has no semblance of balance. Enemies are too exploitable and glitchy. NPC's look boring and writing/voice acting makes them cringe worthy. Every dungeon starts to look like copy pasta and the armors and weapons look like shit.

Then you slap some mods into it and try to salvage something. After that, you uninstall.

That's Skyrim.

Oblivion was the same shit and those older games that I never played look to be the more or less the same shit as well.

The lore is also shit and tiger people are retarded shit that makes me feel bad inside.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Having played Oblivion and Skyrim it's pretty hard to believe Morrowind and stuff was great.

Were they made by other people? I got this idea in my head that Todd Howard is incapable of making a good, compeling game.

(I've seen the tiger people in blocky majesty, so I know they are there!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom