Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Skullstone - a 3d grid-based dungeon crawler, inspired by Dungeon Master, Stonekeep, LoG, Ishar etc.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
More boring real-time dancing garbage. Where the hell is our TURN-BASED incline?

butchy

Prospernaut
Hi guys :)

Me and my team are currently working on Skullstone - a retro dungeon crawler RPG. We’re all huge fans of the classics of the genre (Dungeon Master, Eye of Beholder, Stonekeep, Wizardy, the Ishar series, etc.) and we’re trying to capture that unique atmosphere of old-school dungeon adventuring.

Here's a short video to show you how the game looks like at the moment:

This game looks really good but...is it like LoG where there is no content? Just combat and puzzles?

Are there towns, quests, npcs, and other rpg stuff? I can't do LoG since I only like rpgs, but if you decide to add rpg content to this game you have a definite sale here.

This game looks really good but...is it like LoG where there is no content? Just combat and puzzles?

Are there towns, quests, npcs, and other rpg stuff? I can't do LoG since I only like rpgs, but if you decide to add rpg content to this game you have a definite sale here.
And fuck you you dipshit.

Mortmal

Arcane
More boring real-time dancing garbage. Where the hell is our TURN-BASED incline?
Here it is :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/g3studios/deathfire-ruins-of-nethermore
But its old of course , latest i can think of is :
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-tactical-simulations-interact?ref=nav_search
100k collected out of 400K , ok the look isnt the best, but it was from SSI veterans still, that means there's no market for that. How could an indie succeed at making a good turn based rpg when even veterans cant gather the money.

I also linked an idie sci fi turn based lately seems no one had any interest into that either.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There is also Star Crawlers which is in early access (I bought it). That still needs a lot of work though...

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Ain't there enough threads to talk about other games, turn based, incline and whatnot. This people is making a game by themselves, probably in their spare time, which is much harder than complaining and whining about games all day. Cut them some slack, you fags.

Lhynn

Arcane
- There will be no customizable characters, you’ll choose your party members from a quite big group of pre-defined adventurers, each with his/her own set of strengths and weaknesses (sounds like Ishar? I hope so ;) ).
This is what passes for a good thing nowadays? make the god damn character creator, even if its for just one character.

- We’ll give our dungeon critters some more abilities than walt+attack. Have you seen a mob’s aura in the video? Well, that’s what I’m talking about :)
Cool, now make it turn based.

So, Skullstone’s not about “cloning” Grimrock, rather taking part in the revival of the genre that Almost Human’s games have already started.
Revival? i think its already dying again, but you should look at wizardry 8 for inspiration, not grimcrap.

Also achieving a commercial success would surely be nice, but we are not (and were not) aiming at that.
Oh, carry on then i guess.

Nyast

Cipher
Your hunger for TB RPGs has been more than satisfied in the past years, between all the Pillars and Divinity and so on.

Meanwhile in RT bobber-land, we've pretty much only got Grimrock, with few others in development ( and most are amateurish, so completition/quality not guaranteed at all ). Not your thing ? Totally fine, but don't come here to complain, just gtfo.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Your hunger for TB RPGs has been more than satisfied in the past years, between all the Pillars and Divinity and so on.

Meanwhile in RT bobber-land, we've pretty much only got Grimrock, with few others in development ( and most are amateurish, so completition/quality not guaranteed at all ). Not your thing ? Totally fine, but don't come here to complain, just gtfo.
Last time I checked Pillars was not TB.

Also, there is no such thing as too many TB games.

You know what I never see in those dungeon crawler games? A couple hot lesbians eating each other out in the corner somewhere. And there's a hidden latch behind them or some shit.

I actually just assumed from seeing OP's screenshot that it was one of the many Grimrock mods. I'm never gonna play your game, OP. Post photos of your mom back from when she was young.

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Me and my team are currently working on Skullstone - a retro dungeon crawler RPG. We’re all huge fans of the classics of the genre (Dungeon Master, Eye of Beholder, Stonekeep, Wizardy, the Ishar series, etc.) and we’re trying to capture that unique atmosphere of old-school dungeon adventuring.

There's still much to be done, so any feedback will be appreciated :)

90fcd6d02a2044f85b2d483ad7986136c54860c4.png

Visit our Fb page: https://www.facebook.com/SkullstoneGame
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullstoneGame

Fuck you!

Just read and memorize my damn signature :P

Mortmal

Arcane
Dont need to assault the few indie devs daring to post here.Shilling for the big guys and assaulting newbies, the new codex.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I ain't gonna lick nobody's balls just because they make vidyagaemz.

They get in here they get the expected codexian treatment.

Mustawd

There's still much to be done, so any feedback will be appreciated :)

90fcd6d02a2044f85b2d483ad7986136c54860c4.png

Visit our Fb page: https://www.facebook.com/SkullstoneGame
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullstoneGame

I'll buy it.

Alchemist

Arcane
There is a certain value to the Codexian way of "telling it like it is" and not sugar-coating things. And I have to agree, on first glance this looks a bit generic and I'd much rather have turn-based combat. That said, I'm a sucker for all dungeon-crawlers and I'll give this one a chance if additional details make it sound more interesting.

- The approach to skills and magic will be totally different.
I would like to hear more elaboration on this aspect.

Also, on your Twitter - this was posted - and I'd be interested in hearing more about the combat and what makes it more complex:
X2HsXcg.png

edit: I forgot to mention - this is a huge turn-off:
- There will be no customizable characters, you’ll choose your party members from a quite big group of pre-defined adventurers, each with his/her own set of strengths and weaknesses (sounds like Ishar? I hope so ;) ).
Having recruitable PCs is fine, but at least let us roll up some of the PCs as custom. That's a big part of the fun with these games.

Old Hans

Arcane
Codex post, June 4th 2017

"Skullstone Steam early access soon. Looks like it's still alive."

Dont need to assault the few indie devs daring to post here.Shilling for the big guys and assaulting newbies, the new codex.
We're not a place to advertise some indie devs shitty game. If they bring something good, the Codex will elevate them to MCA status.

See, e.g., Styg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Exactly. If a developer comes here, and actually is making something that is INCLINE, hell yes. We are here for you. If you are just going to make boring carbon copies of crap, well then, what do you expect?

Black_Willow

Arcane
Exactly. If a developer comes here, and actually is making something that is INCLINE, hell yes. We are here for you. If you are just going to make boring carbon copies of crap, well then, what do you expect?
That's why there's so much shilling for Fargo, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom