Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silent Storm Sentinels- recommended mods?

Cholo

Arcane
So I'm starting another play-through of S^3, and while the encounter design is pretty good there are a few things that are really bothering me about the experience.

-Grenades: Your squad doesn't seem to be able to throw them more than a few feet, and when they go off, most of them seem to be as effective as fireworks.

-Guns: 5 pistol rounds to the head at point blank range won't kill a man? Fuck you very much. A .303 round to the torso takes off a quarter of an enemy's HP and does nothing to incapacitate him? Amazing... It's jarring going back to this after playing Hammer & Sickle.

-Money & Squadmates: The game starts really well, but a few missions in you're pretty well on your own as far as funding and equipping your team. The missions are challenging, and don't really net much cash, which means you have to collect and sell every bit of loot from every mission. Fine, but that's not enough. The game basically has you run through at least a dozen trash encounters right off the bat in order to just barely fund putting a squad together. Why does it do this? Didn't anybody notice that fishing for random encounters was pointless filler?

Anyway, does anybody have experience with mods for S^3 they'd recommend? There seem to be a few hosted on Strategy Core, but I'm not sure which ones are junk. Also, is the uniform mod any good? It seems like H&S picked up a lot of uniforms from there.

SWA8VB9.png

Severian Silk

IIRC this game is a bitch to mod. You have to install database software in order to modify game data.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There was a mod for more unique Random Encounters, haven't tried it myself, but it seems to get good rep on the 'dex.
Also, with the right encounter, ALL your money troubles will be solved.

What was the name of the mod that made character skill level go up as fast as the new soliders you can recruit? In vanilla it is always better to hire new people all the time

Eyeball

Arcane
Sentinels is a pretty grand game, but unfortunately it does not really have a "bullets actually hurt!" mod like what you describe. I've looked all over for one and failed at changing the values in the editor myself because fuck modding.

For more realistic damage values, I recommend playing Hammer and Sickle, the more story-based sequel in which fascists actually have the common courtesy to DIE when shot in the face.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sentinels is a pretty grand game, but unfortunately it does not really have a "bullets actually hurt!" mod like what you describe. I've looked all over for one and failed at changing the values in the editor myself because fuck modding.

For more realistic damage values, I recommend playing Hammer and Sickle, the more story-based sequel in which fascists actually have the common courtesy to DIE when shot in the face.
Bro, there are exactly two H&S lps in this playground, one's mine. Guess who did the other one. :lol:

Hammer and Sickle. Mixed feelings there. Had some nice stuff, but lot's of stupid and mostly totally unexplained stuff. And so much save game loading, hehe. Also very short game, but since you replay things so much loading all the time, you kinda spend lot of time on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom