Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silent hills is now cancelled

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Codex almost ruined my hobby because I started to listen to their opinion. So yes, people shouldn't listen to the Codex unless it is about RPGs.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I watched a playthrough of PT and I thought it had a pretty cool vibe. Might've actually ended up a decent game or something that at least comes closer to recreating that surreal feel of real Silent Hill games than other shameful attempts. Oh well, sucks. I'm seriously starved for something like that as none of the other horror games seem to get it, even the ones I liked.
I played P.T. and liked the style of spooks it was giving, thought it definitely showed that Kojima and Del Toro know what they're doing. I admittedly cannot see its style of minimalist First person exploration gameplay working in an 8+ hour long game, they'dve needed to add some actual meat to the gameplay for it to stop getting stale.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
This is a bitter blow to anyone who actually likes video games, unlike the tryhard hipster faggots in this thread. You don't even deserve games.

Sometimes I am just appalled at how you can generally have good taste with RPGs, only to have absolutely no taste whatsoever when it comes to any other genre, be it horror, fighting games, shoot 'em ups, anything. Like, you literally don't see quality when it's in front of you. You can't distinguish gold from shit and it's really quite sad because in the end, you're the ones missing out on good games. And yes, there's always a lot of trash. Always has been, always will.
I watched a good portion of MGS4. It was one big fucking movie. I got Ground Zeroes and was unable to turn off my fucking flashlight in a stealth game because of a four-dimensional key binding system. Fuck off with your Kojima propaganda.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Who is talking about Kojima? Or Metal Gear? Man, how about you fuck yourself? I'm already pissed off tonight.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I figured you were talking about Kojima, Metal Gear, and Silent Hills, since this is a thread that follows such topics. Right above your post was a compilation of rumors about Konami self-destructing. The only things they are notable for right now are Silent Hills and Metal Gear. I was therefore inferring that you were angry about people who disliked these shitty properties.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I got Ground Zeroes and was unable to turn off my fucking flashlight in a stealth game because of a four-dimensional key binding system. Fuck off with your Kojima propaganda.

lololololololol

You know you can turn on/off the silencer and the flashlight of the weapons on Ground zeroes, right?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I got Ground Zeroes and was unable to turn off my fucking flashlight in a stealth game because of a four-dimensional key binding system. Fuck off with your Kojima propaganda.

lololololololol

You know you can turn on/off the silencer and the flashlight of the weapons on Ground zeroes, right?
Yes, but apparently it has to be while you hold down a button for one of those radial menus designed for gamepads, and after I rebound some keys to mappings that actually made sense, the function was unavailable. Great PC port my ass.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, but apparently it has to be while you hold down a button for one of those radial menus designed for gamepads, and after I rebound some keys to mappings that actually made sense, the function was unavailable. Great PC port my ass.
Maybe you should've mapped the radial menu button as well you genius.

Black

Arcane
Good, now maybe actually decent Jap devs will get some spotlight instead of failed movie directors.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Maybe you should've mapped the radial menu button as well you genius.
I had that. The problem was that the retards in charge of this game mapped the flashlight and something else to X and Y because that is what they are on the Microsoft controllers. Apparently changing these things to actually useful mappings fucks up the function, so I would have to reset to default mapping if I wanted this convoluted system to work. But I don't want to fiddle with it anymore because it pissed me off already.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
It's also impossible (using default controls) to force someone you've grabbed to do anything other than the default choice without taking your hand off the mouse in Ground Zeroes.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
GoatSimulator_Kojima.jpg

The creators of Goat simulator added Hideo kojima and his bitches in the game's credits.

ayy lmao

The Bootymancer

Learned
I watched a good portion of MGS4. It was one big fucking movie. I got Ground Zeroes and was unable to turn off my fucking flashlight in a stealth game because of a four-dimensional key binding system. Fuck off with your Kojima propaganda.
Metal Gear is good.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just make an Ito horror game with Kojima. It'll be sickening. I want that to happen.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Guillermo del Toro is gay for making me feel hyped over a dead project. It would've been the best thing to happen to the horror genre in more than a decade.

KK1001

Arbiter
All del Taco does is pick up soon-to-be dead projects. He spreads himself way too thin.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Why do this if they don't have something up their sleeve? If they don't it's just rubbing salt into a wound.

lightbane

Arcane
Junji Ito, you say? In before spirals everywhere. And characters acting in a terminally retarded way.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
That's actually something I like about Ito. In a way you could say his characters are being retarded, but I often compare their death-wish to that weird feeling you get when you're on a tall bridge or mountain and have that weird urge to jump, just to see what it'd be like. Or that urge to push someone who is slow and walking down the stairs in front of you in such a way that they would take grievous harm.

What do you mean, you don't have these urges?

lightbane

Arcane
Thankfully I haven't degenerated to the level of the average Silent Hill protagonist yet. Actually, scratch that. Assuming Ito's other works are as unsubtle as Uzumaki, even these guys would seem normal in comparison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom