Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sid Meier's Starships has been announced, due this year

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Firaxis; Sid Meier's Starships

Sid Meier's Starships has been announced. It's a Turn-Based Strategy game based around designing starships and engaging in diplomacy and war.

It's expected to be released sometime this year.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
i hope they spend more than a weekend on AI this time

Zeriel

Arcane
I really wish it didn't feel like strategy games as a genre are relegated to mobile fodder these days, but it really does.

The genre has made a resurgence, but it's a resurgence on the most awful platforms, with rank mediocrity.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
With how fucking boring Sid Meier's Ace Patrol is, I have full confidence they are going to repeat the same shitty snorefest mobile game that is designed for quick toilet/train breaks than actual gaming.

Damn it, I still remember there is a time where any game with the name Sid Meier attached in front of it mean actually fun games that require some thought into it :argh:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No Linux version? Firaxis has been really good about supporting Linux recently (Civ V, XCOM, Beyond Earth).

Mortmal

Arcane
Multiplatform with IOS , this means the game will be extremely casualized , and afterthe lackluster, beyond earth , i am really not expecting anything else from those guys.

kris

Arcane
Multiplatform with IOS , this means the game will be extremely casualized , and afterthe lackluster, beyond earth , i am really not expecting anything else from those guys.

Looking at the few screens showed I am pretty sure this is how it will be. Cutesy graphics, you have some planets that shit out ships, then you move a small group of ships to shoot at an enemy group of ships. I expect no depth to the planets, a bit unsure about the focus, ships combat. I did get the feeling that both small ships and missiles are out, but I might be fooled by the look of things.

ColCol

Arcane
I don't mind something lightweight, but I do hope it offers more depth than ace patrol .

Dehumanizer

Educated
Will Meier actually do something in this game, instead of just giving it his name?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually, this one seems to be more in the style of Ace Patrol, which was kind of tightly focused. Maybe a bit too much(it was a small game you can complete in a few hours in the end, not a timeless game you could play over and over like Civ). It was a good iOS game anyway, and the sequel removed the DLC and P2W nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom