Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shovelware Alert: Realms of Arkania HD Remake released in unplayable state

eklektyk

Erudite
what a Beautifull Trainwreck :singletearofjoy: :obviously:

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Here's a fully patched English video featuring the narrator. He reminds me a lot of my old DM, so big nostalgia points for that. Also features OPEN WORLD EXPLORATION and some combat at the end.

getter77

Augur
I want to believe they can turn this thing around----their window to do so will rapidly shrink by the week especially if they don't get some proper people in to honestly explain this mess and proactively engage folks with the myriad mountains of bug reports.

So much for "protecting brand quality perceptions"---odds are nothing like this would've even been tolerated here in 2013 if DSA had went OGL years ago and at worst left us with another Chaos Chronicles situation. :(

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I want to believe they can turn this thing around----their window to do so will rapidly shrink by the week especially if they don't get some proper people in to honestly explain this mess and proactively engage folks with the myriad mountains of bug reports.

I'm not sure if a two man team has the resources to "get proper people in"... maybe if they sell a couple more copies?

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah, judging by the info we have here, they probably set a deadline and said "fuck it, we need to sell some copies now because we're completely out of money" and released a completely unfinished game. The fact that they're completely ignoring the fact that it's obvious unfinished is pretty bullshit. They're saying it was heavily bug tested and such which clearly is a bold-faced lie.

visions

Arcane
I nearly spat my drink at the screen when I heard the narrator reading the barkeep's lines. :eek:

Reminded me of these tv soap voiceovers where one inept guy does all the lines.

getter77

Augur
Then they need to grab anybody at least somewhat fluent from the German forums and/or the publisher involved and get on it---salvaging first impressions after such a terrible premier takes a serious effort on all fronts. I guess points can be awarded for the luck and/or sense for this not being a Friday release to get further snowed in on the weekend---but this whole thing is just nuts.

Wonder what Henkel thinks...surprised he isn't taking a break from his Story Update reminders for Deathfire to at least plug the GoG original editions.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The CE was an (accidental) Friday release, and it didn't get snowed in... the first patch was released on Saturday at 10PM local time.

UnknownBro

Savant
So sad :( and delightfully entertaining at the same time :D .

For the videos (as far as my dark eye can see) there was no point in making this 3D except for the fact that is cheaper.

Will buy if they fix the bugs... and the freakishly huge hand on the NPCS, wtf with that??

Gord

Arcane
Meh, releasing the game like that is stupid, but the important thing is:
There is a potentially good game behind those bugs.
Unless they have thrown out all the gameplay and story from the original game, it might actually become decent IF they fix the bugs.
That is a lot more than can be said of many newer games.

So if they manage to patch it into working condition, I might eventually still buy it.

DemonKing

Arcane
I went to the official forums http://forum.nordlandtrilogie.de/in...75&s=ce9ae8e05c26af97d0d92a27b6f695b9331c1396 and thought it was funny that the chief devs forum title is "CHEF DEV." Yes he is the lead developer and also cooks breakfast for the crew, maybe that's why theres so many bugs because he is too busy cooking!

Chef is German for "Boss", "Manager" or in this case "Chief" - so it's not an error, just a linguistic false friend.

Saying that, if he's responsible for this trainwreck maybe a career in the hospitality inustry might be a step in the right direction.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I fully expected this. I am not surprised at all.

Is that in-game narration? edit: I guess not.
It's funny when a line of dialogue says "him says" and the narrator goes "..hh... says"

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
To be fair, the German narrator is really very good.
The english one sounds like they put the janitor to voice the lines

Not only is he the narrator but it seems he does all the characters too. And people say CRPGs can't have full voice-acting.

Stabwound

Arcane
I believe these guys had good intentions, but that doesn't mean much. That's like saying the doctor who ripped the baby's head off during delivery had good intentions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom