Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Shoutbox problems

Grimlorn

Arcane
I just restarted Chrome and there is no way for me to click on Shoutbox to type anything on the main forum page. I think it updated. I also updated my graphics card drivers as well but don't think that could be the cause. I tried cleaning everything up and rebooting but nothing. I also can't click on anything with the new posts or profile posts below shoutbox. Very strange.

I just double checked. I can't click on anything on the right side of the main forum page that you typically can.

Latro

Arcane
there's a lot of mean people on shoutbox who go "No! Latro, go away!" and this is a huge problem because i do want to go away, but i cannot, because I refuse to do what I am told.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I just restarted Chrome and there is no way for me to click on Shoutbox to type anything on the main forum page. I think it updated. I also updated my graphics card drivers as well but don't think that could be the cause. I tried cleaning everything up and rebooting but nothing. I also can't click on anything with the new posts or profile posts below shoutbox. Very strange.

I just double checked. I can't click on anything on the right side of the main forum page that you typically can.

Im having the same problem... apparently you were banned from the right side of the site, and so was i completely by mistake.

Grimlorn

Arcane

Im having the same problem... apparently you were banned from the right side of the site, and so was i completely by mistake.
Someone else said they had a similar problem in Shoutbox and the right side of the page. It appears to be some update with Google Chrome that screwed stuff up. Internet Explorer works fine so has to be a problem with Chrome or the website.

Mustawd

I have Chrome. It's working fine for me. Could it be a finniky extension ur using?

Grimlorn

Arcane
Just to let everyone know Mustawd had an older version of Chrome. His was 54.something, mine was 55.something.

Go to the about tab on Google Chrome to check which version you have.

Mustawd

By the way Grim tricked me into updating Chrome, so now I have the same issue. :argh:

It's not just shoutbox. It's literally everything on the right side of the page. Nothing can be interacted with

Black

Arcane
Another bug is the low quality debates in shoutbox, how can I fix this? Also the AI there seems to be... awkward at best.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I came to shoutbox to talk about my exciting day of playing skyrim mods but there were all these foreigners who kept interrupting the high quality discussion I was attempting to have. They kept shouting "Cyka Blyat" and "Kurwa" and there was this one guy named Robert who kept shouting "POLAND" which was kinda weird but not the worst thing I suppose.

This is a major problem because how are people suppose to feel safe talking about the hottest new skyrim romance mods with all these hooligans running amok.

Deleted member 7219

I came to shoutbox to talk about my exciting day of playing skyrim mods but there were all foreigners who kept interrupting the high quality discussion I was attempting to have. They kept shouting "Cyka Blyat" and "Kurwa" and there was this one guy named Robert who kept shouting "POLAND" which was kinda weird but not the worst thing I suppose.

This is a major problem because how are people suppose to feel safe talking about the hottest new skyrim romance mods with all these hooligans running amok.

Thank you for sharing your story with us today.

Mustawd

Not sure if anyone did anything or if it was Chrome fixing itself, but shoutbox and right side of the page works fine now. Thanks men! :salute:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Taluntain this is still a problem. Just switched to Chrome myself for my default browser and it's impossible to click on the enter a message field in Shoutbox.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The addon hasn't been updated in 15 months so odds are it's been abandoned. DU could try contacting the guy who wrote it, but I expect support's nonexistent at this point as well. Unfortunately such things tend to happen with various unofficial XF addons. I'm using Siropu's chat on my site which is really good, but it works a bit differently than TaigaChat. Archives into threads aren't an option, for instance.

Grimlorn

Arcane
The addon hasn't been updated in 15 months so odds are it's been abandoned. DU could try contacting the guy who wrote it, but I expect support's nonexistent at this point as well. Unfortunately such things tend to happen with various unofficial XF addons. I'm using Siropu's chat on my site which is really good, but it works a bit differently than TaigaChat. Archives into threads aren't an option, for instance.
So the whole right side of the page is an addon? Because you can't click on anything. The New Posts, New Profile posts, or anyone's name like you normally could. Not just Shoutbox.

Mustawd

Lies. Still broken for me and I've just updated Chrome again yesterday.

You're right. Chrome on my home PC is not updated, so that's why it worked. My work laptop is updated, and the right side is still screwed.

Mustawd

Upgrade ur face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom