Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Should Lycra Suit be banned?

Should Lycra Suit be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 44 44.9%
  • No.

Votes: 54 55.1%

• Total voters

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I suggest this as the new avatar

It seems appropriate for his name.

Also, must have "Ore wa ochinchin ga daisuki nandayo" as a tag.

catfood

AGAIN
I voted "yes" (via rating), but keep in mind I have nothing against the user in question except that they're impersonating another user, and a well-established one at that.

I'm no Lyric Suite fanboy, my reasoning is based on my own humble origins here on the Codex. When I signed up 9+ years ago Spacemoose was literally running rampant on the forum, creating mockery alts seemingly left and right, and made a mock alt of me within 24 hours of me having signed up and posted. This led everyone to believe that both me AND the mock account were just Spacemoose alts, so I got in touch with DarkUnderlord and told him of my predicament, and that I was not a joke or throwaway alt. DU banned my mock account, and Spacemoose either gave up or got banned some time afterwards. At least then I had a chance to establish some 'street cred'... even though that took years and a lot of abuse (thanks guys).

As a result I have issues with mock accounts, especially unfunny ones, which Lycra Suit has proven to be on numerous occasions.

If this is an alt, ban it. If it's not, offer them a chance to change their ways, their username and their avatar, or ban them otherwise. That's what I'd do if I was in DU's shoes.
Ah, yes I remember those alts. Unlikeable Cat, Unclickable Cat, Unlickable Cat. Good times. Brings back memories.

As for the topic at hand I don't think he should be banned. Yet. He's a retard but so far he's been fairly inoffensive and hasn't spammed an awful lot.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Just apply some suitable tags to Lycra Suit (and/or an "Original Character Do Not Steal" tag to Lyric Suite), and that should clear up any confusion with no need for any bans.

Citizen

Thinking about creating my own Lyric Suite impersonation account, would anagram be a good option for a name? What do you think about these names:
  1. Lusty Eric I
  2. City Rules I
  3. I is Cruelty
  4. True Sicily
  5. Silty Curie
  6. CS-Lite Yuri
  7. I Cry, IE Slut
Feel free to add some more interesting ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen

Need something interesting with a word 'Cutie', but nothing comes to mind.

Citizen

Yours is pretty hard, to many consonants to form words. So the anagrams use cheap tricks to get rid of excess consonants and they aren't good:
  1. Ma Had TNT Dog
  2. t. Mad DNA Goth
  3. t. Mad Dong Hat
  4. Hot DDT Manga
  5. DDT Mango Hat
  6. 'Tag Dad' Month
It's a shame you didn't use 'That Damned Dog' as a name here, it has better anagrams:
  1. Damn, Ghetto Dad!
  2. Dad Goth Tandem
  3. Madhead TNT God
  4. Damn, Dodge That!
  5. Goth Named Tadd
  6. Mad Dong Hated T

PorkBarrellGuy

Yours is pretty hard, to many consonants to form words. So the anagrams use cheap tricks to get rid of excess consonants and they aren't good:
  1. Ma Had TNT Dog
  2. t. Mad DNA Goth
  3. t. Mad Dong Hat
  4. Hot DDT Manga
  5. DDT Mango Hat
  6. 'Tag Dad' Month
It's a shame you didn't use 'That Damned Dog' as a name here, it has better anagrams:
  1. Damn, Ghetto Dad!
  2. Dad Goth Tandem
  3. Madhead TNT God
  4. Damn, Dodge That!
  5. Goth Named Tadd
  6. Mad Dong Hated T

Ah, well. Hindsight is 20/20.

Mustawd

The worst part of this particular case of confusion is that many Codexers can't spell Lyric Suite correctly and when they type "Lyric Suit" you are left wondering whether they meant the original account or the imitator.

TFW you’ve been reading it as “Lyric Suit” in your head all these years...

:despair:

Squid

Arbiter
You could have Cut Ciri and just have them troll anyone that likes the Witcher 3?

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What's with Crispy and some other guy who rated me bad spelling, am i supposed to go with "you're" in that sentence, of course not, English isn't my native language but I'm not that stupid.

PorkBarrellGuy

What's with Crispy and some other guy who rated me bad spelling, am i supposed to go with "you're" in that sentence, of course not, English isn't my native language but I'm not that stupid.

you're missing a word or two that would help the sentence flow a bit better and there's no "Grammar Nazi" button so I'm guessing they settled for the next best thing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom