Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should blasphemy be a bannable offense on the Codex?

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Should blasphemy be a bannable offense on the Codex?

• I am a Christian, and I vote yes

• I am a Christian, and I vote no

• I am a different traditional religion, and I vote yes

• I am a different traditional religion, and I vote no

• I am an atheist, and I vote yes

• I am an atheist, and I vote no

• I don't care (kc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cael

Arcane
Grace asked me out back in seventh grade. I rejected her and we never talked since that. I thought we were good friends :(
Dude, big mistake. Now you have to earn her back.

:D

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Atheism is a religion. It has all the hallmarks of one: blind fanaticism, hatred of other religions, incredible defensiveness when questioned, a central dogma, a core of us vs them. When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck... well, you know the rest. Atheism is a religion of Christian haters. No more, no less.

Religion is having faith in some higher being. It has temples, a clerus/shamans and it has rituals and myths.
Atheism has none of these.

Also the poll is missing agnostic/pantheist options so I voted KC.

Last edited:

Alex

Arcane
The Codex is generally known for flaunting normie conventions, and "secularism"/"separation of state and church" is the normiest convention there is. Plus, the recent surge in worthless troll activity got me thinking - is there any value in letting this kind of behavior persist in this space?

Hence, the poll. Should posters be banned for insulting the Christian God and His saints? Or any God of any traditional religion, if you feel so inclined.

Ideally, actual blasphemy would be a bannable offence. That is, offence to the true God would be grounds for banning while disrespect to other religions would be treated based on the specific content (and given this is the Codex, mostly tolerated). Trying to extend the definition of blasphemy to cover other religions completely misses the point, making the issue about human respect.

Of course, this would be the ideal case. While this site does surprise me with the number of Christians in here, the chances of this being set up as a rule are pretty much nil.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The only automatically bannable offense that should be executed is if someone non-jokingly claims that Fallout 1 is a bad game.

Cael

Arcane
Religion is having faith in some higher being. It has temples, a clerus/shamans and it has rituals and myths.

Wrong. Religion is having faith in anything. It can be a rock, unseen spirits, a "cybernetic Gaia", an ideology, whatever. It does not have to be to a higher being. In fact, I would posit that leftards worship their own asshole, so far up it they generally are.

Also wrong. Religion has nothing to do with clerics or temples or the like but with faith. The original Christians, for example, held gatherings of like minded people in someone's sitting room.

Again wrong, as myths are not integral to a religion. Faith is. As for rituals, also wrong there as an atheist ritual is to go foaming at the mouth crazy at the mention of Jesus or Christianity.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jesus is an obviously retarded pacifist.

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice He judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on His head are many crowns. He has a name written on Him that no one knows but He Himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following Him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of His mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written:

King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Blaspheming on the Codex is not ok. Perma Ban anyone who makes "Fallout is shit" "Arcanum is a Fallout copy" topics.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected

Wrong. Religion is having faith in anything. It can be a rock, unseen spirits, a "cybernetic Gaia", an ideology, whatever. It does not have to be to a higher being. In fact, I would posit that leftards worship their own asshole, so far up it they generally are.

Also wrong. Religion has nothing to do with clerics or temples or the like but with faith. The original Christians, for example, held gatherings of like minded people in someone's sitting room.

Again wrong, as myths are not integral to a religion. Faith is. As for rituals, also wrong there as an atheist ritual is to go foaming at the mouth crazy at the mention of Jesus or Christianity.
Wrong

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Religion is a virtue, in the category of Justice, by which we are inclined to render God His due.
Rainbow is a sign of the covenant between God and Noah, made after God chastised the humanity for its depravity. In satanic mockery (for what can Satan do but mock God's creation), sodomites took this sign to celebrate their depravity.

DragoFireheart

The only automatically bannable offense that should be executed is if someone non-jokingly claims that Fallout 1 is a bad game.
idk I liked New Vegas a lot more
Washington D.C. was just a really meh setting

Liking new vegas more is fine. I do as well.

But claiming Fallout 1 is a bad game is the sign of a troll or an idiot.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

The rainbow is the sigil of the Lord of Light - a beautiful spectrum inscribed upon the heavens after rainfall. This was set thousands of years ago, as a promise of safety from another global flood.

I couldn't care less what gay homofags do with it, or with anything else. Anyone who looks at the rainbow and thinks "assfucking" is a homofag themselves.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

DragoFireheart

idk I liked New Vegas a lot more
Washington D.C. was just a really meh setting

Liking new vegas more is fine. I do as well.

But claiming Fallout 1 is a bad game is the sign of a troll or an idiot.

You didn't see what he did there.

Someone just said I'm kinda retarded and I agreed with them. Must be why.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The only bannable offense should be defacing the site like this:

MxhOUGJ.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Codex is generally known for flaunting normie conventions, and "secularism"/"separation of state and church" is the normiest convention there is. Plus, the recent surge in worthless troll activity got me thinking - is there any value in letting this kind of behavior persist in this space?

Hence, the poll. Should posters be banned for insulting the Christian God and His saints? Or any God of any traditional religion, if you feel so inclined.
Fuck Jesus Christ and all his 12 cocksuckers. Am I doing it right guys?

DragoFireheart

Fuck Jesus Christ and all his 12 cocksuckers. Am I doing it right guys?

Just state that you voted for Hillary Clinton and you'll be all set.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom