Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should blasphemy be a bannable offense on the Codex?

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Should blasphemy be a bannable offense on the Codex?

• I am a Christian, and I vote yes

• I am a Christian, and I vote no

• I am a different traditional religion, and I vote yes

• I am a different traditional religion, and I vote no

• I am an atheist, and I vote yes

• I am an atheist, and I vote no

• I don't care (kc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

The Codex is generally known for flaunting normie conventions, and "secularism"/"separation of state and church" is the normiest convention there is. Plus, the recent surge in worthless troll activity got me thinking - is there any value in letting this kind of behavior persist in this space?

Hence, the poll. Should posters be banned for insulting the Christian God and His saints? Or any God of any traditional religion, if you feel so inclined.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
The one true Zeus applauds my copious and well-thought-out defamations of your onerous, oderous wannabe faggot gods.

He who wields the true lightning is your master, rapist, and my benefactor.

Jesus is an obviously retarded pacifist.

Cael

Arcane
Why the special option for atheists? Shouldn't they be limped in under "other non-traditional religions" (e.g., Jedi, neo-paganism, alphabet soupie, greenieism, Kardashianism, Gagagaga, FatAssDunhamRules, etc.)

Sjukob

Arcane
The Codex is generally known for flaunting normie conventions, and "secularism"/"separation of state and church" is the normiest convention there is. Plus, the recent surge in worthless troll activity got me thinking - is there any value in letting this kind of behavior persist in this space?

Hence, the poll. Should posters be banned for insulting the Christian God and His saints? Or any God of any traditional religion, if you feel so inclined.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Why the special option for atheists? Shouldn't they be limped in under "other non-traditional religions" (e.g., Jedi, neo-paganism, alphabet soupie, greenieism, Kardashianism, Gagagaga, FatAssDunhamRules, etc.)

lol you fucktards fight among your own sects. Nothing is "traditional" or "true" for you unless it's word-for-word what you believe in.
So you might as well lump everything that's not your sect under "going to hell". You know that's what you actually want.

Edit: also, fuck god and jesus. What are you gonna do, Plateturd? Are you very upset? Do you, like a good christian, want me to burn in hell forever? Come on, cross yourself and pray for my eternal damnation.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
No.

This is a free place where everyone can say what they like within reason. If you go down that route then what makes this place special will die and there'll be no reason to stick around.

spectre

Arcane
Hey liberal, why don't you let go of some steam then come back to us?
sexy-horror-nun.jpg

Cael

Arcane

lol you fucktards fight among your own sects. Nothing is "traditional" or "true" for you unless it's word-for-word what you believe in.
So you might as well lump everything that's not your sect under "going to hell". You know that's what you actually want.

Edit: also, fuck god and jesus. What are you gonna do, Plateturd? Are you very upset? Do you, like a good christian, want me to burn in hell forever? Come on, cross yourself and pray for my eternal damnation.
Isn't it interesting that the atheists immediately go on the attack when their faith is poked at. Exactly like fanatic religionists. And just like zealots, they view the world in black and white. In this case, you are atheist or Christian.

Note also that the rant by this atheist is against Christianity. Not Islam. Not Hinduism. Not Buddhism. Not Taoism or Shinto or any other religion. Christianity. This is not unusual amongst atheists. In fact, it is their defining feature.

Atheism is a religion. It has all the hallmarks of one: blind fanaticism, hatred of other religions, incredible defensiveness when questioned, a central dogma, a core of us vs them. When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck... well, you know the rest. Atheism is a religion of Christian haters. No more, no less.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm not quite clear on the whole blasphemy thing, could you define what is and isn't blasphemy?

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
Despite being a devout Catholic I voted no. Blasphemy must not be concealed, eradicated or banned because it is part and parcel of God's plan. Free speech is essential to fight monodoxia and blasphemy and heresy are necessary to sharpen the sword of the uera fides.

The greatest Christian apologists and polemists flourished in perilous times. Are we more enlightened than martyrs, confessors or apostles? Are our opponents more ferocious than Nero, Diocletian or Galienus? Absolutely not.

Faith is a kind of knowledge which is open to everybody but not in everybody. It is intrinsically related with free will as free will is intrinsically related with Grace, the irresistible love between the creator and the creatura that makes us turn our hearts to the Godhead.

A faithless heart is like a room without light. There is a window in every room but it is to us open it or not. Light is the love that comes from the Divine but we are only able to have access to it through knowledge and Grace.

Paul the Apostle explained it masterfully in 1 Co 13: 11-12: "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

But this path to knowledge implies a self perfection only accessible through free will, as Pico della Mirandola pointed in his Oration on the dignity of man: "We have given you, O Adam, no visage proper to yourself, nor endowment properly your own, in order that whatever place, whatever form, whatever gifts you may, with premeditation, select, these same you may have and possess through your own judgement and decision. The nature of all other creatures is defined and restricted within laws which We have laid down; you, by contrast, impeded by no such restrictions, may, by your own free will, to whose custody We have assigned you, trace for yourself the lineaments of your own nature [...]. We have made you a creature neither of heaven nor of earth, neither mortal nor immortal, in order that you may, as the free and proud shaper of your own being, fashion yourself in the form you may prefer. It will be in your power to descend to the lower, brutish forms of life; you will be able, through your own decision, to rise again to the superior orders whose life is divine."

Throughout our lives we are susceptible to be struck by Grace. All creatures are inevitably linked with their creator. Remember Chesterton's "twitch upon the thread", remember St. Augustine of Hippo... Any of these fedora shitposters could be the next ultimate defensor fidei... Just let them bark.

We are all made from mud (or bone!) by the same loving hands. Baptized by fire and Spirit only few. Fortunately it is never too late to open the eyes and the ears of the heart.

Bocian

Arcane
Behead those that want to destroy free speech on the Codex. Here, even retards should have right to express themselves.
(That's why Master Planetar gets to make these polls.)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Being a religious bydlo is the most normie thing there is, planetard. Just like cavemen believed in the supernatural, so does modern bydlo that is not too far removed from the caveman. Only people equipped with the brain, a minority, can deduce that atheism is right.

If you want to ban normies, ban yourself then.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Who is the "lord of light" anyway? According to Iron Maiden it's Lucifer, are you secretly a satanist, Planatar?

A legit question. Especially since the phrase is written in rainbow colors (hint LGBT colors), and the LGBT movement was powered by the satanist agenda.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Grace asked me out back in seventh grade. I rejected her and we never talked since that. I thought we were good friends :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom