Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date
what about Gods will be Watching, bros? The premise of a "survival adventure" seems interesting, even though it has some mixed reviews,,,, although, from what I gather, most of those negative reviews were like "ewwwww not instant gratification".
If you like being sodomised by RNG over and over as you replay every missions a dozen times until you learn how to optimise your actions in order to maybe get to the next stage unless the RNG gods decide to fuck you again, then I would suggest getting it.

I thouroughly enjoyed it

What's the Konsensus on Tropico games? Which is the best one(s) and are they worth playing at all?
Original is best. Two is gimmicky with pirates but entertaining. Three is decent but piss easy, four is the same fucking thing but with new gimmicks. Five has an assload of new shit, but turned down the difficultly to complete sandbox.

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
What's the Konsensus on Tropico games? Which is the best one(s) and are they worth playing at all?
First one is the best, and yes, it is worth a go. It might not be the best city builder type of game around but it got tons of atmosphere and character.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dawn of War?

As an addendum to that, I have never played anything RTS-like before barring a quick match of Warlords Battlecry 3 and Commandos 1. I have a few others I'm wondering about (Company of Heroes, AI War, Men of War & Supreme Commander come to mind), but I'm mostly curious about Dawn of War.

A horse of course

I didn't particularly like RUSE as it's a typical hard-counter RTS with some "illusion" gimmicks. It reminded me of World in Conflict in that it had a strong, story-driven SP campaign though.

Cadmus

Arcane
How is the GoT RPG? Ive heard good things.

Can somebody sticky this thread? It's impossible to find with the shit search

Cadmus

Arcane
Story is good,feels like a GoT story,gameplay is shit
thanks, anything you can compare the gameplay to?
I dont believe the codexers saying the combat is shit because that can mean anything from Alpha Protocol to Dark Souls

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
It's similar to other Cyanide games like Of Orcs and Men,boring and repetitive after a few hours,in the end I just unistalled the game and saw the rest of the story on youtube

Cadmus

Arcane
It's similar to other Cyanide games like Of Orcs and Men,boring and repetitive after a few hours,in the end I just unistalled the game and saw the rest of the story on youtube
Well that does sound shitty although I haven't played those.

I wanted a fun RPG while decompressing from the long slogs of playing PoE and Xulima. Anything you can recommend?

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Eh,I don't know your tastes or what games you have already played,Witcher 3?,Divinity Original Sin? Dragonfall?Kotor 2 just got an update for 4k resolutions and there is always the restoration patch,Albion just got added to GoG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's not so bad, and there's actually not a whole lot of combat in the entire game. There are basically no trash fights to speak of, unlike something like DA:O.

Cadmus

Arcane
Eh,I don't know your tastes or what games you have already played,Witcher 3?,Divinity Original Sin? Dragonfall?Kotor 2 just got an update for 4k resolutions and there is always the restoration patch,Albion just got added to GoG
Played those, can't run TW3. Albion looks kinda ugly and old and I'm in the mood for something simpler. Like Witcher 2 or Dragonfall, you know? Easy, pretty and not retarded at the same time. Soon enough I will delve deep into some more complicated game of those codex top 50 so I want to take a break.

It's not so bad, and there's actually not a whole lot of combat in the entire game. There are basically no trash fights to speak of, unlike something like DA:O.
That sounds a bit better.

Don Peste

Arcane
:necro:
Does Garry's Mod have any interesting mods/modes worth playing (Single player would be preferred)?

Cadmus

Arcane
I quit it cuz it was boring and shitty

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom