Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Max Stats

Liturgist
Game confirmed to be Codex-compatible:

I don't get it.

Is the problem that she doesn't look like a straight woman? Or that there are straight women at all in the game? Which is it?

I think the tumblr crowd interprets that hairstyle as some sort of a lesbian dyke signal. This leads to them feeling of getting denied to fuck something, which makes them frustrated.

Looks like the same hair my straight 6th grade teacher had.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
1) an animator doesn't have to be a 2d artist, and actually rarely is
2) facial animations in ME are procedural or mocap or a mix or whatever

It can't be that they hired the wrong person for the job! It must be an evil SJW infiltration of video games!

Murk

Arcane
WHY DON'T IMAGINARY SPACE AGE PEOPLE CONFORM TO MY RIGID AND STEREOTYPED ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT HAIR STYLE AND SEXUALITY

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Straight from the lead facial animator's portfolio.

Wouldn't be so bad if she was a first year student, but this is from a graduate who got a job as an artistic lead.
I have a feeling the person responsible for the hires in Bioware Montreal isn't someone who understands the product.

Couldn't even be bothered to finish the middle piece before throwing it in their portfolio. Makes sense. Amromeda also unfinished.

FFS do you see that foot? lolz. And the dimensions on that leg on the right? She obviously has zero talent or has a disability.
How da fuck she even graduated anything? These people devalue higher education. University graduates should at least be up to some standard. It's like a math graduate who can't count.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just forget about it, the Bioware you knew, liked and maybe even loved from 15-20 years ago is gone forever. An EA husk stands in its place. Don't expect anything different from this Bioware other than what EA is used to provide with their other games.
Bioware is dead since Dragon Age origins, that was their last serious effort, however their decline started with Kotor 1, the transition to Mass Effect 3 was inevitable as Bioware wasn't interested on being profitable but into making big bucks. The decision to stop making good RPGs in favor of console crap started before EA, it was their decision to sell off and I don't think the owners didn't know EA reputation, it was that 1 billion dollars that is hard to say no, at that point, after getting rich like that, you care less about the future of the company.

They could keep making RPGs and be a medium independent studio now like Larian is moving to be if everything goes right but they as many other PC developers shown the middle finger to us the moment someone shown the big bucks for them. I don't expect Obsidian, Larian or any of those newfag RPG companies being any better if they had the same choice as Bioware did. They are only making traditional RPGs because they don't have a better alternative money wise.

I mean, talking about Bioware like it could ever be like Larian is impossible because guys like Sven make that company. Bioware's original staff have all moved on and didn't successfully pass on their game design values and priorities to their creative successors, mostly because the entire history of that company in compromising on those values for the sake of marketability.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Wouldn't be so bad if she was a first year student, but this is from a graduate who got a job as an artistic lead.
I have a feeling the person responsible for the hires in Bioware Montreal isn't someone who understands the product.

Couldn't even be bothered to finish the middle piece before throwing it in their portfolio. Makes sense. Amromeda also unfinished.

FFS do you see that foot? lolz. And the dimensions on that leg on the right? She obviously has zero talent or has a disability.
How da fuck she even graduated anything? These people devalue higher education. University graduates should at least be up to some standard. It's like a math graduate who can't count.

Well, American universities have been inflating grades since the Vietnam War because students with a high enough GPA were immune to getting drafted. No professor wanted to be responsible for sending an 18-ear old freshmen to die in a war they thought was stupid just because the kid had bad study priorities.

These days it's gotten out of hand. Universities get most of their funding from students (as opposed to alumni or the government), yet at the same time they are by far the least important people in the university system (current government --> administrators --------------> senior faculty ---------------> graduate students --------------------------------> undergraduate students). University offsets this by giving them good grades for little effort.

Doesn't help much though. Companies caught on and shifted the average goal post for hires from 3.0 to 3.3, and the university's internal systems of measuring merit (grant money, etc) demand 3.5 or higher.

Jigawatt

Arcane
U3XBRTy.gif

Looks ok to me

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
so... its gonna be rpg in which you kill white people?
He complains about how in the West, "brown people are marginalised" because of 9/11.

Dude, maybe lose the "I'm sexually repressed and angry beard" and people won't think you're a psycho. That thing on your face ain't helping.

Tt9l2Xul_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
But it is it's a fair judgment for them isn't it? If we agree that 9/11 was made by them and wasn't false flag attack mase by CIA or something like that.
Regardless, it's clearly not the case. How do you get a job working at Bioware otherwise? He's in a fantasy land. No actual racism against him exists, so he's just creating it to cover for his frustration = rejected by women (largely white), driven mad.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So 5 hours in and the writing sucks, the dialogue is inane, the shooting mediocre and the setting bland and unimaginative
So...that I can live with, but say how are the sex scenes?
:troll:

Thonius

Arcane

The important question is if that's her portfolio (ie best work) what she's doing on day's basis? (hint shit)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros I've been out of the loop, but did they hire the Mass Effect comic artist to do the animations and faces for the game?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Regardless, it's clearly not the case. How do you get a job working at Bioware otherwise? He's in a fantasy land. No actual racism against him exists, so he's just creating it to cover for his frustration = rejected by women (largely white), driven mad.
I can't call it racism, racism is when you think one race better then other, those people just think that anyone of them can be terrorist or radical, and that's normal reaction.

Last edited:

CaveRat

Barely Literate
I believe the whole game was developed by unpaid interns under the supervision of Prosper.
Unpaid, racist interns recruited from India and asylum seekers. They put more effort in waging the social justice war than in the game dev process.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom