Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shock Tactics

Executr

Cipher

http://shock-tactics-game.com/

Shock Tactics is a single player turn-based sci-fi strategy game with tactical combat, exploration, squad management and base building. It is inspired by the space western style of Firefly and tactic games like Jagged Alliance and X-COM.

You are a trailblazer for the first wave of the free Space Pioneers that are exploring an ancient alien homeworld. In their centuries-old struggle with the dictatorship of the Imperial Consortium, this planet is the first real hope of finding a new home for their people.

• Challenging squad tactics combat: Lead your strike team against smart enemies that employ a large array of tactics. Know your enemy, build a strategy, rule the battlefield.
  • Exploration is key: The world map is full of mysterious landmarks containing alien technologies and ancient secrets that you can unravel to become strong enough to tip the balance of fate.
  • Procedurally generated world map: You never know what you will find when exploring the world. This makes strategic decisions unique for each game session and leads to a high replayability.
  • Strike team progression: Harness the power of the alien artifacts, unlock unique abilities and build your group of soldiers into a fierce strike team as you explore the planet.
  • Base building: Expand your base with structures to build advanced weapons, develop sophisticated healing capabilities and research alien technologies.
  • An immersive story woven into the open world: You are dragged into the struggle for the New World’s future while trying to stay alive in the middle of an escalating war between the Space Pioneers and the Imperial Consortium.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
This presentation+hands-on was part of a block at Gamescom, so we figured we might as well report on it. Any questions for the devs (or for the hands-on) can go here.

Mazisky

Magister
I don't understand why they go sci-fi after Xcom 2. If you wanna be a real competitor and feel different just go on a different setting, maybe fantasy

Severian Silk

The graphics look like ass, and the combat looks too claustrophobic. The hex world map is p cool though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Some more gameplay and interview in English from Pax East 2016 here:

Action points confirmed!! No 2 action system!

GrainWetski

Arcane
Why do so many of these incompetent devs keep copying the UI (and controls, I assume) from XCOM? "This game controls like garbage and has one of the worst UI ever made, let's copy it!"

ArchAngel

Arcane
Did you watch the videos? It does not control badly and UI is OK. At least one during combat is. nuXcom UI during combat is very good. I was first against it but after playing Xcom 1 and Xcom 2 for a while I see it is very good.
You can play rounds very, very fast. You don't click on enemies to fight and that makes it faster and you don't misclick all the time like in that stupid D:OS.
What first seemed like console UI turned out a very slick UI that allows fast gameplay.

Severian Silk

Now this feature of the game is going to be super cool:

It seems I have to quote your posts to make the videos load.

[edit]

They're actually bragging that they don't have real bullet physics? WTF?!

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Wait a second. This is in strategy but Battle brothers is in rpg? Parrot?

This is showing under new releases and has been for a couple days - but it can't be bought yet. Anyone know what is going on? The steam forums say for a bit it could be purchased for $20 then went down with no price or release date but still under new releases. Their website says early 2017 release.

Anyone have any word on what is going on?

ArchAngel

Arcane

This is showing under new releases and has been for a couple days - but it can't be bought yet. Anyone know what is going on? The steam forums say for a bit it could be purchased for $20 then went down with no price or release date but still under new releases. Their website says early 2017 release.

Let me ask my magic mirror on the wall... ok... yes... no idea.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space

Let me ask my magic mirror on the wall... ok... yes... no idea.

Tee Hee!!!!

Somehow the psychos on this site have pictures of Brian fargos wife, know his marital woes, have drug up all the dirt on someone that works there for some reason, and know a ton of weird shit about everything, and you think me asking about the status of the only decent looking game to come out for months and months?

Oh, wait, you are the one that swears up and down the combat of the IE games is fucking brutal and requires constant pausing and genius level strategy on trash fights. It makes sense now. Never mind.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It's a status symbol thing. Misplaced darlings of the site's admin/mod crowd rarely get moved if in the wrong forum. Shit, Mankind Divided is still in the RPG section. You would think SQUEENIX was placing ad-buys.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's probably going to be released soon...
Here is a (kind of bad to be honest) trailer they uploaded a couple of days ago:

And there is a preview/playthrough by some german dude(with one of the devs) for whomever is interested:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope it does not come out soon, I want to try it but I am going to be playing Xcom 2 LW2 for a while :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom