Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shattered Galaxy

Astromarine

Erudite
Anyone else try this out after Rex's mention in the Strategy thread? I've been playing it, and it's a blast. Rex, you play in Relic? Wanna be my superior?

Snuffles

Novice
Tried it recently, it has a very interesting payment system, you can play for free, but you'll be at a disadvantage, so in effect you are paying real money to make your little robots in a game stronger.

It is a good game, but it suffers the same old MMO problem, there are loads of levels to grind up and most fights are won by the side with the highest level players. So much so, that a lot of players will stay on the newbie planet as a level 22 big fish, rather than go onto the uncapped levels main planet and become a small fish again.

I stopped playing because it all seemed a bit pointless; first, whether you win or lose you get XP and slowly grind up the levels, second, the only people who get to enjoy tactical combat are those at level 22 on the newbie planets and at the highest levels on the main planet, the rest tend to get beaten no matter what tactics they try, as they are just so very weak.

Astromarine

Erudite
well true, but I still managed to enjoy it. I guess the key is to realize that a smart player can still be VERY useful to his faction. I usually fall back to a support position if I spot very high-level people - either by grouping with a highlvl guy myself with my heavy hitters, or by bringing out specialized units like anti-air. Taking out a group of cocky airheads with manticores that cost 20% of what he paid can be VERY helpful

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom