Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Shardlight by Wadjet Eye Games

Starwars

Arcane
I just finished this after picking it up on the recent sale. I also found it... well, enjoyable but also very mediocre.

Also, while adventure games being linear is definitely a thing, I must admit there was a time fairly early on in the game where I was really hoping for a faction split where you would choose who to work for. You get the ending choice obviously but I was really hoping that you would be able to make some sort of choice earlier on in the game. Bit of a shame that never happened.
I also thought the whole reaper myth was something that felt interesting in the scope of the world and I was pretty sad to see that all the neat mystical stuff was done away with and explained.

I dunno, I was really looking forward to Lamplight City before playing this. and... well, I guess I still look forward to it but both this and Golden Wake are... interesting but they are pretty far away from what I would call great or even good. Just sorta average and mediocre. Forgettable.

eat_pray_loot

Novice
Verdict: Decent, competent game. Not great, but not bad either.

My take as well. It was very focused on plot. Wish it had let the characters and world breathe a more. It probably would have benefited from another sidequest or some "new guy" exposition.

A big step up from his last game so I'm looking forward to see how his games progress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom