Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shane Plays - LPs and Interviews

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: The thriving metropolis of Corem unfolds before our eager, exploring eyes. Vendors are a'plenty. Shipping guilds are rude. Everyone seems to want to climb aboard our train.

sstacks

Arcane
So, somewhat cRPG related. Here's a blog post on the Belaphoss the Mad statue that was a perk for folks who bought the Deluxe Edition of Sword Coast Legends. Despite Codex opinions on the game itself, I think it's safe to say the statue rocks.

http://shaneplays.com/belaphoss-statue-from-sword-coast-legends/

Sword-Coast-Legends-Belaphoss-Statue-1.jpg

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We get cut out of a crucial clutch cargo mission and then get thrown right back in, aggressively cleanse some corruption in the Republic, save a damsel in distress, almost (almost!) take out a tough bad guy (oh sooo close), and draw ever closer to wrapping up the Ord Mantell portion of the Trooper storyline.

Mustawd

It is as crappy as the game.

That's crazy. Whether someone likes the game or not, that statue is extremely well done.

Meh, to me it just seems like Generic Demon Monester #43. Not N-Space's fault, as I'm sure WOTC had a ton of input into how it looked. I mean when you compare that to something like this:

$_1.JPG

latest

...it's obvious how bland that model looks.

Even something simpler like this has more personality:

games-workshop-warhammer-40000-40k-chaos-daemons-daemon-prince-97-24-[5]-951-p.jpg

sstacks

Arcane
Those both look cool but are also a bit overdone in my opinion, I suppose it's subjective. I do like the first one better of the two, the second one feels like world of warcraft or something.

However, I think the quality and workmanship of the Belaphoss is well done despite aesthetic differences.

Alchemist

Arcane
Decent sculpting job (except for the janky axe-head looking like it's about to snap off). Bad / boring concept design. But that is a matter of taste. I just think it looks very generic, we've seen a million demons that look like this.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: Gladiator cellar battles! More rude guild leaders! Frantic fights on the docks in Corem! All this and more in another exciting episode of SitS!

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We begin Act 2 by completely ignoring the main story line and heading to the Vintner's Keep. Oh yeah, Jarhild comes along.

Mustawd

I feel bad for the majority of NSpace. I feel like their CEO made a Faustian deal with Hasbro to create a shitty vision of casualness. I hope they can recover ok from this hot mess. Ash and the rest of the people on the streams seem pretty cool. And you can tell how much of a toll this game has taken on Ash's face. Dude looks pretty exhausted.

All that being said, this shit on multiplayer (even most of single player) is more Gauntlet than BG. And i don't even like BG. But at least it has some redeeming qualities. :|

sstacks

Arcane
Highlights: Phillip Daigle and Amber Scott of Beamdog, Inc. talk Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear!

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: Once again into the Baldur's Gate breach, after all these years! Things kick right off with a stolen sword and a dungeon crawl. And just who is the mysterious woman bearing down on the Sword Coast with an army, anyway?

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: More dungeon crawling and lots of filthy undead. We get reacquainted with old school healing and inventory management.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom