Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shallow Space - Nova - homeworld space strategy game

Perkel

Arcane
"SHALLOW SPACE - NOVA" is coming to early access in near future.

Looks like Homeworld and plays like homeword chance is that it won't be shit.

Beowulf

Arcane
I played the build they developed for their Indiegogo campaign. The promise from the pitch video sounds great, but it was very barebones. I'm glad that they kept working on it, but I doubt I will put more interest in it until later stages of development. But it sure looks like it's worth keeping tabs on.

Raapys

Arcane
Decent start, though I hope the UI is WIP.

There's more to HW than just real-time spaceship strategy though. HW had a fine campaign, some very neat missions, excellent music, etc.

Executr

Cipher
Now on Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/305840

Shallow Space focuses on organised mass RTS space combat in a fully 3D environment.

Shallow Space focuses on the strategy of 3D combat with a diverse ship configurator allowing players to develop loadouts to suit particular tasks.

The scope of play will be mission based instances inside of a fully realised planetary system in which you will be tasked to assemble your battlegroup to deny the opposing force access to your zones of control. You will do this by mining resources, building weapons platforms, satellites and stations, acquiring blueprints for ships and weapons. You’ll assemble your fleet from the individual turrets right up to flotilla organisation and officer ability management.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
At least if it will be shit gameplay-wise nobody will be able to say they didn't mention it in the title.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
another "game" to the vaporware-shovelware bin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom