Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #85: Hong Kong campaign concept art revealed

almondblight

Arcane
i am a bit confused. Why kickstarter of all things?
You already have a successful game that was kickstarted, why ask now again?

set is right that they very well might not have the funding. I imagine another issue is one of scope - for example, if they raise $2 million, they can spend 18 months and revamp the engine, but if they only raise $500,000 they'll just do another expansion like Dragonfall. Without Kickstarter it might be hard to judge whether or not an expansion is worth investing more time and money in. With Kickstarter, they get a good idea of that ahead of time, and lock in funds, so they won't end up spending $2 million on something that only brings in $1.7 million.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
if they raise $2 million, they can spend 18 months and revamp the engine, but if they only raise $500,000 they'll just do another expansion like Dragonfall.

Isn't the Codex likely to kick in at least 200k for this? It's an open secret that we're going to give Dragonfall the GOTY award tomorrow, and the forumgoers here generally put their money where their mouth is.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
We didn't do a codex fundraiser last time (we had no idea how in the fuck it was going to turn out). We all assumed the worst and then prayed...

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We didn't do a codex fundraiser last time (we had no idea how in the fuck it was going to turn out). We all assumed the worst and then prayed...
HBS also does/did way less community outreach compared to Larian, InXile and Obsidian.

set

Cipher
I don't think "community outreach" accomplishes anything. Maybe it will pull in K$ devotees but I think most people are plugged in that reach a site like this, anyway. Starting a candid conversation on a forum like this as a developer is probably a lot like kicking a skunk in the dark.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom