Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alfons

Prophet
  • It is now possible to toggle between turn mode and freemove if the player is not in combat but there are hostiles around.
Holy shit! These guys are slowly but surely getting to the technical/mechanical competence of the original fallout. I mean, first they put in manual saves instead of autosaves that can be as far apart as an hour and now this. These guys are going places. It's weird that I feel so happy that something that should've been implemented in the beginning is being introduced after 4 releases. Kinda feels like being glad that your new car is actually going to come with all four wheels this time. These people sure set the bar low.

ArchAngel

Arcane
  • It is now possible to toggle between turn mode and freemove if the player is not in combat but there are hostiles around.
Holy shit! These guys are slowly but surely getting to the technical/mechanical competence of the original fallout. I mean, first they put in manual saves instead of autosaves that can be as far apart as an hour and now this. These guys are going places. It's weird that I feel so happy that something that should've been implemented in the beginning is being introduced after 4 releases. Kinda feels like being glad that your new car is actually going to come with all four wheels this time. These people sure set the bar low.
It is easy to fall into a trap of looking at individual features but here the whole picture is a great game. Now with these additions it is becoming even better.

Alfons

Prophet
I was enjoying DMS before the save patch fix came out. Regardless, I think it's dishonest to say that these people are, or at least were, technically incompetent. This is an improvement, but it's not making something good better or turning something adequate into something good, it is turning something that was subpar into something acceptable.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I didn't find it subpar. And I didn't mind not being able to save during missions, it made mission more intense. And not being able to enter turn based at any time just changed how you played some battles. The game will probably be easier now than you can enter TB at any time.

Alfons

Prophet
Christ. I guess idiots can take anything which any normal person would find shitty and try and make it sound good.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Christ. I guess idiots can take anything which any normal person would find shitty and try and make it sound good.
No you just suck at games. I am used to playing xcom ironman so I found it more fun to play similarly SRR

Alfons

Prophet
No you just suck at games. I am used to playing xcom ironman so I found it more fun to play similarly SRR
Of course, you can't play ironman unless you are forced to do so. That explains why the game sometimes saved after 30-60 minutes of non-combat gameplay. Apparently, the lack of manual saves was a design decision. Thanks for clarifying.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
The
possibly_retarded.png
didn't give it away?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
UPDATE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong/posts/1303417

Yep, GOG made that release date up!

Hey everyone!

Mitch here, with just enough bandwidth to pull my head out of polishing the game to let you know that Shadowrun: Hong Kong has an official release date! During the Kickstarter, we estimated that we would release the game in August… and that’s why we’re releasing the game in August!

August 20th, 2015 at 10am PST, to be specific. On Steam, GoG, & Humble.

Here's some nice new wallpaper-sized promotional art!

Estimating, scheduling and delivering something as complex as SR:HK is tough and I’m extremely proud of the entire team for their focus, dedication, and hard work. I’d like to say a special thank you to our ace Producer, Chris Klimecky and my co-Director, Mike McCain for their work in getting the game to you on time. Mike joined me at the helm a ways back so I could dedicate more time to writing, and his work has been first rate - just like it was onShadowrun: Dragonfall and Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut.

The game’s really coming together and it’s amazing to see the team’s hard work and creative collaboration on-screen. Making games is an incredible challenge but making games with these folks is an absolute pleasure.

We’ll be sending out another update in the next couple of weeks regarding how to get your keys from BackerKit and an update on all the remaining Kickstarter rewards.

In the meantime, here’s a few new screenshots & gifs we grabbed for you. Thanks for staying with us since January and we’ll see you August 20th!

-- Mitch

The streets of Heoi, your team's base of operations.

13abfce4698841119e63242bf7f069b2_original.gif

Gaichu showing off some of his moves.

An encounter with some Devil Rats.

943d9cd7b9bf97395572612cc81722e7_original.gif

Is0bel and her trusty grenade launcher.

Deep inside the Walled City.

Gobbet summons a nearby Shrine Spirit for aid.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So, when will we finally get our Kodex-Fundraiser Keys?

Edit: Disregard that, it states that additional information will follow.
Eager to see the release this is looking neat.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Ah finally, a good high profile kickstarter RPG gets released again. It has been a while since D:OS :incline:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't see much difference between this Matrix and the old one. Nothing of importance.

But I don't care much about Matrix anyways, I am mostly looking forward to new awesome story.

agris

Arcane
Patron
HBS is the best example we have of a studio starting with a limited scale RPG and using KS to launch into better RPGs with every release.

Infinitron did they change studios? Last video I saw of them, they were working in a more tightly-packed room full of windows. That place looked drab.

Alfons

Prophet
I find it retarded that when I search youtube for "shadowrun hong kong" this is the seventh video I get on the first page:

A direct quote from the video:"Critiquing games is a totally worthwhile thing to do. I often look at games through a feminist lens or a diversity lens, even the games that I love."
That's not even thirty seconds into the video.
The devs are sure doing a bang-up job marketing their game if searching youtube produces a video that was posted 6 month ago of a feminist reviewing their first game. WTF?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom