Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silva

Arcane
you don't want to be a loser like in real life, we got it
On the contrary, I do want to be a loser in Shadowrun, because that's how most cyberpunk protagonists are portrayed, from Case to Deckard to Nero.Let Frodo save the world. When I play Shadow I just want to save my next month rent and food.

but unfortunately for you, companies don't collect donations from thousands of backers in order to cater to the escapist fantasies of one single random prick on the internet.
Actually, lots of backers mention the Genesis game and ask for its open world elements in the new games. In fact this was a constant through all three games developments..

DeepOcean

Arcane
On the contrary, I do want to be a loser in Shadowrun, because that's how most cyberpunk protagonists are portrayed, from Case to Deckard to Nero.Let Frodo save the world. When I play Shadow I just want to save my next month rent and food.

but unfortunately for you, companies don't collect donations from thousands of backers in order to cater to the escapist fantasies of one single random prick on the internet.
Actually, lots of backers mention the Genesis game and ask for its open world elements in the new games. In fact this was a constant through all three games developments..
So, they really don't mind Dragonfall being the way it is because they just gave HBS 1.2 million dollars to keep them making Dragonfall style campaigns for 2015.

Sykar

Arcane

If you'd actually bother to do a minimum of research you'd know we already have that:
http://www.nexusmods.com/shadowrunreturns/mods/134/?tab=3&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/shadowrunreturns/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=134&gid=102

Visit ShadowrunUnlimited.com for the latest version. I will still be using the Nexus, but uploading here can be difficult.

Shadowrun Unlimited is designed to be more than a simple campaign; it's the world of Shadowrun.

-Replayable Runs with random elements, assigned randomly by fixers from their "pool" of runs. Fixers may offer many jobs, but only offer a few at a time. Shadowrunners don't always get to pick exactly what jobs they want to work.

-Sandbox style gameplay.

-Players gain Street Cred for completing runs, along with Karma and Nuyen rewards. Street Cred allows the player to access higher level fixers and merchants.

-Completeing runs will cause the player to gain both Heat and Notoriety. Heat causes Lonestar to spawn with greater frequency, and Notoriety will cause them to attack on sight (once a certain threshold is reached). Heat can also be increased by setting off alarms during runs.

-Players can rent a variety of safe houses. safe houses allow the player to rest and recover their health, as well as lower their Heat rating. More expensive safe houses provide access to cheap support items, more efficient healing, and eventually character buffs. (The top tier safe houses with the character buffs are not implemented yet).

-Assault Rifles, SMG's and Shotguns are illegal. If the Lonestar stops you with one of these weapons they will attempt an arrest, violently. This can be avoided buy acquiring a forged Weapon Permit.

-Players can buy DocWagon contracts, which allow them to respawn inside the same zone upon death. The better the contract, the more respawns that are allowed, and the cheaper the service charge. This is however optional for new characters that are having trouble making ends meet.

-Characters with high Charisma are able to negotiate for a little something extra when they are offered a job.

-Designed for new characters. Slower paced gameplay, with money "sinks". Don't expect to max out your character in one sitting, and getting started in Seattle isn't going to be easy. But once you get your feet wet, you'll be making steady money.

-A Taxi System that can be used to travel between all the hub zones.

-NPC runners are hired, and follow you throughout the world until the job is complete (or they are defeated). Players no longer hire runners on a per-map basis. Getting runners killed will increase their future hiring costs, but performing successful runs with them will level it back out.

-A Commlink System that allows players to call their contacts, such as fixers, runners, and of course the taxi. Runners hired over the phone will arrive at the players location within a few seconds. *The Commlink is accessed by clicking on your character, outside of combat and in an outdoor zone.

-There is a basic journal system built in. Whenever you activate your commlink, a brief message will appear, guiding you in the right direction.

-A day and night cycle to help bring the world to life. Watch the sun rise and set as you sit idle. Transitioning zones speeds up the process. Some encounters will only happen during certain times of the day.

-A dedicated (albeit small) matrix that deckers can access, and raid random systems for extra cash. *The matrix is continually expanding as a I release new content.

-A branching story that will take players down different paths depending upon the choices they make. These choices will exclude other options, and create proper repercussions to decisions. And once this story runs it's course, I will begin building another. No need to import characters into a new UGC, you can just wake up in your safe house and kick off your next adventure.

-Integrated Tracker's Street Samurai's Catalogue.

*This UGC is not "finished". The current story is not complete, and the world is not completely "fleshed out". This is completely playable, but is under a constant state of development with on average, a large update every week (not including bug fixes). This game will probably never be "done" as I will always be expanding upon it, so don't be afraid to jump in now.

You are just a complaining lazy bum who is completely ignorant what SRR really can offer.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Shadowrun Returns backers: 36,276
Shadowrun Hong Kong: 31,497

Considerating that they pretty much said they didn't need more money after the 1 million dollars and they ended with 1.2 million anyway, you cleary see that kickstarter fatigue is a real thing isn't guise?:lol:

Blackguard

Learned
Also they had way less physical rewards available this time so I'd imagine they will actually get their hands on a much larger share of that 1.2 million compared to their first KS. I remember reading them saying that about 1/3rd of the 1.9 million was actually spend on KS related fees and manufacturing the physical backer rewards.

Darkzone

Arcane
This site: http://www.kickspy.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong
generally does a much better job predicting trends than Kicktraq (it also uses a much more complex methodology).

I think it's underrating the campaign somewhat due to the low initial goal, but probably more in the ballpark than Kicktraq's current 6.4 million prediction ;)

Their formulas seem also to be hmm. Kicktraq uses a too short time interval and do not include the overall trends of the kickstarter projects. My prediction is around 3x the current 360k, based on my kickstarter experience that the first 2 days make up of around 30% of the whole revenues.
Now let us see how far i'm off. The 360k is a false number, because i had to go to sleep or something like that. So the correct numbers are from Kicktraq, and this are the first two days.
267945 + 134007 = 401952.
401952 x 3 = 1205856.
1204696 / 1205856 = 99.904% of prediction accuracy. (not real forecast accuracy, only the difference between the numbers, but basically it is the same) WAPE=-9.6289e-4
But even with the 360k this is 89.649% of prediction accuracy. (not real forecast accuracy, only the difference between the numbers, but basically it is the same) WAPE=0,103508
Still better than the weather report.

Yes i'm a fucking arrogant asshole, that has always prove to other people how good he is, or a mathematics autist. The interpretation from this, i will leave to you all.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Considerating that they pretty much said they didn't need more money after the 1 million dollars and they ended with 1.2 million anyway, you cleary see that kickstarter fatigue is a real thing isn't guise?:lol:

they got 5k less backers ergo kickstarter fatigue is real trolololo

Turok

Erudite

Nop, is not kickstarter fault, is the game.

Darkzone

Arcane
;)
Kickstarter needs always projects that heat up the kickstarter. And Shadowrun is a good supporting act (Vorband in german), for things to come.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It's good to know that Dragonfall allowed them to regain their creed. I thought that their reputation will be irreparable after the letdown that was Shadowrun Returns. Especially since Dragonfall wasn't that well known.

Silva

Arcane
Sykar, I've actually played Shadowrun Unlimited to the end of its "campaign". While its a fair attempt at providing the kind of dynamic and open -ended environment we are talking about, it ends up falling short due to the engine limitations. Did it get better with Dragonfall ?

Clockwork Knight, I want to be able to fuck chicks like in Fallout and Arcanum, not love and romance like that crap we see in bioware games.

zero29

Arbiter
Clockwork Knight, I want to be able to fuck chicks like in Fallout and Arcanum, not love and romance like that crap we see in bioware games.
wow, how old were you when you joined the codex in '05? two or three? cause right at the moment you sound like 12...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom