Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition

Fredward

Scholar
They still have this Necropolis game, as far as I remember. So, I wouldn't expect anything Shadowrun-related at least for a couple of years. Sadly.

Yeah, probably. Which sucks donkey dick since I really like[d] these games. Hopefully TToN drops sometime before the heat death of the universe.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Jesus what a shitty game. Start with a slum made of Unity models, talk about first impressions. Gook stereotype galore as stand-ins for NPCs, I couldn't relate at all to the uncultured swine.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Jesus what a shitty game. Start with a slum made of Unity models, talk about first impressions. Gook stereotype galore as stand-ins for NPCs, I couldn't relate at all to the uncultured swine.
You must be fun at parties. .

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You must be fun at parties. .
possibly_retarded.png

m_s0

Arcane
still pretty good I think?
After all despite the critiques SR is still a successful and highly rated IP
And probably not that expensive to make. I'm guessing they'll have a small team dedicated to cranking out adventures/dlc every year or so. An additional source of income outside of Kickstarter is always nice to have, and Shadowrun is pretty well established at this point.

almondblight

Arcane
And probably not that expensive to make. I'm guessing they'll have a small team dedicated to cranking out adventures/dlc every year or so. An additional source of income outside of Kickstarter is always nice to have, and Shadowrun is pretty well established at this point.

I think that was their original plan. But Steam's showing SR:HK at ~90k, so I'm not sure it's going to happen. I guess we'll see how successful the Shadows of Hong Kong expansion is. An alternative scenario is they hold off until the new Battletech comes out, and then use that engine to make a more open-ended SR game.

Drowed

Arcane
The matrix would be way better (or at least tolerable) if it weren't real-time, but like, simultaneous movement. As if, everything only moves when you move. That way, they could create some interesting "movement puzzles" that woundn't require you to be clicking all over the place.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
So. I restarted the game once already because bugs made sure I wasn't able to read any messages Crafty sent me. Now this time around the Go players' dialogue has been repeating the last three missions.
The one ending with one of them saying "You... need... to go... faster" or something until they ask you to leave.
All of the dream dialogue is suposedly important, so I guess I've been cucked out of a good ending twice now. I hope this shitty game doesn't force me to start a fourth save just because the devs can't patch their shit.
No, it's ok. Dialogue about nightmares being worse is their last dialogue and it's repeating every time you talk to them. They have nothing else to say. You need only Duncan, Isobel and Crafty for best ending.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
All bullshit. The company probably had some intern scrub or the writer that never scripted on his life doing all the scripting on the main quest all the time. It feels like they never had the time to develop any branching C&C that matters, except the ending.

There are little touches in the missions themselves and that is fine, but the hub is really dumb. You either vaccum the npcs stories and get thrown a inconsequential 'C&C' (besides the ending) - that doesn't matter cause it doesn't affect you - relating to if they manage to kill themselves out of the bad juju hanging around, but the main npcs and main path is sacred because they didn't want to bother.

I suspect that's what the 'mini-campaign' is going to be about actually. There isn't much space in the party npc stories for much else.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
For real? NPCs have constantly been talking about how you shouldn't do stupid shit unless you want to become "disposable".
It is BS, talk with the girl that sells magic stuff until she send you two emails, read the emails, talk with Isobel until she tells you some story she heard on the Walled City, always sleep and go to the end of all the dreams, speak to Duncan until he speaks about how his relationship with Reymond was, that is all you need. Unless you are willing to put up to boredom to get every single point of karma, you can pretty much ignore the other NPCs and choose whatever you want.

Gord

Arcane
For real? NPCs have constantly been talking about how you shouldn't do stupid shit unless you want to become "disposable".

That's more flavor in-universe stuff. There are some consequences to the game related to which ending you can get and a couple of specific rewards from missions.
E.g. at one point you meet a 2nd team of Shadowrunners and depending on your actions they might help you out later. There are also one or two cases where you can get a special weapon depending on how you finish a mission.
Most of your other decisions however will result in some different text to read, nothing more, afaik you can't really lose the game due to pissing Kindly Cheng off, although you might lose out on some money if you disappoint your Mr Johnson during a mission.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I actually tried really hard to make him (and everyone else he gossips with) mad at the PC by telling he had killed his precious elders but the game made the PC auto-realize 'that would be suicide' (in a really pretentious way that i suppose was supposed to channel a genius just considering something surprising - your INT doesn't matter for this btw, it's all railroad).

NO SHIT

This game is ambition-less and patronizing.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
New patch:

New Features, Improvements
  • Added “move and use” functionality to Healing and Drug items.
  • Added a "Stash All Items Except Armor from Actor" trigger.
  • Added functionality to interactable actors to allow for freemove interaction.
  • Added new VFX fill region “astralFogFill”.
  • Added new VFX sitting actors.
  • Added new weather effects “rain”, “matrix”, and “embers”.
  • Added trigger to toggle some VFX settings.
  • Conversation Speaker list now populates from parent content packs.

Bug Fixes
  • Resolved an issue that caused multiple Cyberdecks to be equipped.
  • Resolved edge case issue that caused game stall under specific conditions.
  • Resolved edge case issue that could break weapon scaling on Trolls and Orcs
  • Resolved edge case issue that could cause game stall on actor teleport under specific conditions.
  • Resolved edge case issue that could prevent “You Died” game over screen from triggering correctly.
  • Resolved edge case issue where DocWagon icon persisted after use.
  • Resolved edge case issue where some UI screens would overlap.
  • Resolved exploit where equiped Programs could exceed Cyberdeck limit.
  • Resolved exploit where loaned items did not replace currently equipped items.
  • Resolved issue causing visual sorting issue on Spirit Man.
  • Resolved issue that caused Clear Actor button to remove Totem.
  • Resolved issue that caused Dragonlines to visually activate in freemove when a duckling stood on them.
  • Resolved issue that caused incorrect behaviour when an item was given during a conversation.
  • Resolved issue that caused Ley Lines to not appear in game.
  • Resolved issue that could cause incorrect music track to start playing on level load.
  • Resolved issue that prevented “no LoS” from showing on spell cast in some cases.
  • Resolved issue that prevented ambient audio nodes set to override camera region from overriding the audio is some cases.
  • Resolved issue that prevented casting friendly spells by selecting portraits.
  • Resolved issue that prevented Combat Samurai Shades from being seen in game.
  • Resolved issue that prevented cover from being applied to barrier spells.
  • Resolved various minor animation and VFX issues.
  • Resolved various minor text and typo issues.

New feature stuff sounds like things they probably backported from their work on the upcoming mini-campaign.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think I'll wait till the mini-campaign is released, and then replay the game. Despite all the hate it gets here, I've enjoyed HK as much as Dragonfall, and maybe even more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom