Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Released

almondblight

Arcane
Quite sad. Those kind of games have huge possibility in terms of difficulty mode since the combat are all fixed and planned-out i.e. they can make combat actually more tactically difficult with different enemies and enemy positioning instead of just having enemies getting better stats.

I kind of wonder why they don't make it very difficult in the first place, and then just add a bunch of +whatever modifiers to make it easier for people who want that. Do people who want to play on an easy mode really care that much about combat? I'd think that the combat connoisseurs playing on the hardest difficulty would be the ones paying attention to this, while the people who just wanted to shoot things and watch them blow up wouldn't care if their difficulty was just the base difficulty with a bunch of +modifiers for their chars and -modifiers for the enemies.

Angthoron This would be an interesting topic to discuss with HBS whenever the Codex does their visit/interview thing.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Very good idea and very true. Take this fist of mine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom