Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #43: Shadows of Hong Kong Bonus Campaign Released

V_K

Arcane
Shit, looks like they fucked up the main campaign while making the expansion. The Prosperity mission just doesn't load. Guess I'll have to get out of my comfort zone and run with a troll. :D

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Aces, I'll probably have something to get into once I'm done with the Cisquisition.

seems like a pretty typical combat-heavy expansion.

Well a lot of people here did complain about their not being enough combat in base HK.

Septaryeth

Augur
Shit, looks like they fucked up the main campaign while making the expansion. The Prosperity mission just doesn't load. Guess I'll have to get out of my comfort zone and run with a troll. :D

You mean the save won't load or the game won't load when it comes to the Prosperity mission?
I just tried the "Mist Rose" autosave and it brought me to the suicide scene right after the plastic-face man mission.
It seems to be in working order but I didn't try to progress any further.

Last edited:

Septaryeth

Augur
Few hours in, not sure how far I am, looks like it'll be two main missions and two sub-quest that are about the same length as those decent run back in Dragonfall.
The story is rather simple and plain, but there could be a plot twist so I guess it could be longer.

Looks like they still haven't fix the memory leak issue, after few hours it takes longer to load and I'm seeing some bloody stuttering. :x

Game is still easy as hell but there are few decent surprises.
Most gunman will now throw back your grenades which pretty much renders Is0bel's grenade launcher useless.
A new adapt like enemy will throw ninja stars that hurt like hell unless you have high armor or you're a drone.
There is a decreased amount of stealth involved in each level so good riddance.

Too bad the AI is still too shit for them to pose any challenge... If only they add more enemies and have them surrounding you in each encounter.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I haven't played a real video game in years. I just pretended to play games because i was lonely.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Got it. But unfortunately it is not a final save, I can't import it into the mini campaign. And it is not even a troll, but an elf. :D Are you sure you sent the right one?

Yeah turns out it was my brother's save, which he didn't complete but synced onto my pc :oops:
I was finding saves by the order of latest modified and didn't really check them.
This one should be the right one, it has the name final save on it and the date matched.

https://www.mediafire.com/?jc998g15na11n7f
Thanks, that works just fine. :bro:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Only just noticed this. Wonder if taking him on the Shiawase ocean-lab mission makes a difference? He offers to run for free...

EDIT: It adds some dialogue choices late in the mission:
On the last tram to escape, the enemy diverts you and Duce offers some escape solutions. (Not sure how it turns out should you do the mission without him)

3LQh63e.png

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Can't say I'm impressed by this thing. It's just more of the same, but nothing really imaginative or interesting so far. They've also decided to make some of the combat encounters ridiculously big, and if you've got about fourteen enemy units involved, turns take forever.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Just kill them off quickly.

"More of the same" is exactly what i wanted, glad they delivered.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Does "updated dialogue" mean that they've cut at least half of the filler boring bullshit that ruins the game?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
On the last tram to escape, the enemy diverts you and Duce offers some escape solutions. (Not sure how it turns out should you do the mission without him)

I didn't take him, instead took Richter and Is0bel. Each can put the tram back on track by either hacking or rigging. You can do it yourself if you are a hacker or rigger.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
(a) any new companions?

(b) anything at all that makes this worth playing through the Hong Kong campaign to get to?

Septaryeth

Augur
Can't say I'm impressed by this thing. It's just more of the same, but nothing really imaginative or interesting so far. They've also decided to make some of the combat encounters ridiculously big, and if you've got about fourteen enemy units involved, turns take forever.

Why don't you try to do it while keeping a dumbass useless neutral alive. :argh:

It's one of the few combat that really had me nervous about my positioning though.
Given that you are being screwed from both ends, it really corners you into finding the best cover without clustering, else you'll be bombarded with grenades from half a dozen grenadiers.

(a) any new companions?

(b) anything at all that makes this worth playing through the Hong Kong campaign to get to?

More or less the same, just slightly more polished; better encounters and an alright story.

No new companions. The pre-existing ones are a lot less irritating now that they stopped complaining about their past. Except Duncan, 'cause it's Duncan.
Instead of the trollish Home-and-Away, you get two people that pretty much tell you "[Fuck you, why are you probing my personal life like a stalker?]"
Too bad the dialogues are still buggy so I'm certain I missed out some after mission talk.

The plot is nothing over-the-top, just some good ol' fashioned corporate warfare. The ending is strangely rewarding albeit a bit out of nowhere.
Having a peak at the ending txt files, I would say excluding in-game scenes, most of the epilogue variations depends on what you did at the end of Walled City and this bonus campaign.

There are more bonus objectives in each run, unfortunately most of them also involve the matrix.
Enemies layout is much better with less stealth element.
Knowing that they can't fix the stupid AI, HBS decided to buff up all the enemies and shoot some new variants.
Most attacks will now reduce your armor, AP, and have continuous damaging effects, but given how strong your endgame characters are... enemies are only threatening when you take your time to let all the backups arrive and face about ten of them at once.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
The ending is strangely rewarding albeit a bit out of nowhere.
"We can get your SIN status back, you'll be a normal citizen again."

Why would I want that? The name of the game aint "Start-a-cafe-mocha-latte" it's "Shadow-run" - keep yo SIN biatch. Haha yes, very satisfying.

Last edited:

Septaryeth

Augur
The ending is strangely rewarding albeit a bit out of nowhere.
"We can get your SIN status back, you'll be a normal citizen again."

Why would I want that? The name of the game aint "Start-a-cafe-mocha-latte" it's "Shadow-run" - keep yo SIN biatch. Haha yes, very satisfying.

Maybe you should put a spoiler quote on that.

But yes, it's rewarding to finally screw over Duncan and leave him with a big FUCK YOU :smug:.
On the other end, I can screw over Auntie for once, so really it depends on who you hate more.

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Now I need to replay the entire series.
And maybe the SNES Shadowrun too, if it's worth it.

Septaryeth

Augur
I feel like a spammer with the amount of posts I made in this thread, but since it's related I'll just post it here anyway.

For those who backed over 25 bucks, the "original e-novel" by Mel Odom is also available for download in your backer kit.
And... it's a novelization of the game.

:hmmm:

Ezrite

Learned
Good news, because frankly, HK was pretty lacking in content, hopefully they remember to add battles this time.

Is more combat really needed? In the older Returns and Dragonfall I sometimes got crazy that a area never ended thanks to wave and wave of enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom