Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #23: $1M raised, mini-campaign stretch goal unlocked

Hope all the extra money they're making will extend the mini-campaign a bit.
When you have near maxed out stats, you can only have so much fun content.
Well, that seems a bit cynical to me. A big part of this pitch was them acknowledging the prior games' systemic short-comings, and promising to expand upon and refine said systems. There's no doubt their pre-prod vision won't be entirely realized, but HBS have pretty conclusively proven themselves as total bros in my eyes. They've demonstrated that they know how to iterate, and that they have a real passion for the material they're working with. As such, I feel pretty confident that they've got ideas on how to make a high level game interesting.

And if I'm wrong, meh. Not as though broken high-level gameplay ruined HotU, MotB, FO2, etc.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
When you have maxed out stats, you should be fighting 'epic level' enemies :smug:

Just because you can't build any higher, doesn't mean that fights can't be tactical/challenging.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
maybe this time enemies will attack more than once a turn in very hard :rage:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tytus

Arcane

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, that seems a bit cynical to me. A big part of this pitch was them acknowledging the prior games' systemic short-comings, and promising to expand upon and refine said systems. There's no doubt there pre-prod vision won't be entirely realized, but HBS have pretty conclusively proven themselves as total bros in my eyes. They've demonstrated that they know how to iterate, and that they have a real passion for the material they're working with. As such, I feel pretty confident that they've got ideas on how to make a high level game interesting.

And if I'm wrong, meh. Not as though broken high-level gameplay ruined HotU, MotB, FO2, etc.
When you have maxed out stats, you should be fighting 'epic level' enemies :smug:

Just because you can't build any higher, doesn't mean that fights can't be tactical/challenging.
I said only so much, not zero.

They already did in the DC
Only bosses afaik, which was the same as DMS.

uaciaut

Augur
By far the most competent one yet.

They did have a much better understanding of how far KS could take you after the first wave of big KS projects and everything else that followed though.

I'm really curious about how much of the old HBS team stayed and how well the studio has been doing overeall since they did the first KS

Mieron

Novice
This will probably close out at about 1.2 million at this rate, which isn't too shabby. Would've hoped for more considering how competent these guys are at delivering what they promised, but the extra money past the last goal will at least be useful for fixing any issues or boosting whatever project they go for next time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom