Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #23: $1M raised, mini-campaign stretch goal unlocked

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Shadowrun: Hong Kong; Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Shadows of Hong Kong

With over two days of fundraising still left to go, the Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter campaign has reached one million dollars of funding, thereby unlocking the final stretch goal. Today's Kickstarter update celebrates:

You guys, seriously. That was amazing.

Because of your generosity, your spreading the word, and your support, we are going to be able to create an additional 4-5 hour mini-campaign to import your high-Karma character into. You are, indeed, Prime Runners.
How much higher will they be able to get in the last day rush?

Update: In an additional Kickstarter update, Harebrained Schemes clarify that there will be no further stretch goals. Additional funds will be saved for the proverbial rainy day.

Athelas

Arcane
No stretch goal past that one? That's not very wise.

If there are a lot of 'last day to pledge for SRR' headlines from gaming websites tomorrow, it should help the final surge quite a bit.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I suspect they don't want more and this was their goal from the beginning. This has been one of the most tightly managed KS games I've seen and they have followed their script to the letter. No outrageous stretch goals, no piling on of add-ons, only 2 physical items, no over selling hype to beg for more money, etc. They had a road map that said they needed $1M to make this game and that's what they always shot for, no more or less, just that goal. I am very impressed with the KS and how they have so expertly managed it. By far the most competent one yet.

Last edited:
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Agree with you on that one, Athelas. At the very least it looks better if the pledges are going towards something.

Edit: Well said, mindx2.

Drowed

Arcane
Yeah, I think that they had a clear vision of what they wanted to do, and they remained faithful to it. As they said, "it's not a race". Past this point, I believe they already have the budget necessary to create the game they want. Any donation from now on will be nothing more than a preorder.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
So those of us who contributed more than $15 to the Kodex Kampaign will also get this, presumably?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just as I stated... they are sticking to their blueprint on this game and won't deviate from that regardless of the hype and flow of money. Pretty sharp HBS... :salute:

kickstarter-logo-130-c786b4c0131e4675d4e938b400dcb05d64f7709750ad31d54a87555a0e83dab8.png

Prime Runners know... Drek Happens!

Posted by Harebrained Schemes LLC

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

As you must imagine, we're still reeling from the news that we hit our $1,000,000 funding goal with plenty of time remaining in the Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter project. And we bet a lot of people, especially new Backers, are wondering what goal we're setting for the final 48 hours to inspire people to continue funding.

Our goal now is the same one that we had on Day 1 of this project - ship the highest quality Shadowrun game we can. We worked hard to plan our project, communicate our plan clearly, and keep to that plan even when the enthusiasm and excitement of Kickstarter was swirling all around us.

And now that the Shadows of Hong Kong Mini-Campaign is happening, where will the additional funding go? As we've said before, "No plan survives first contact with the enemy" so we'll put it towards dealing with problems that crop up during production. We'll put it towards our test budget. We'll put it towards pizza and bagels (and healthy stuff) for a team who bust their humps to deliver to the best of their ability. And we'll use it to try and sneak in little stuff that had to fall off our features list (don't ask, we're not telling).

Prime Runners know... drek happens! And the runners who survive are the ones ready for contingencies - the ones who understand how to improvise, adapt, and overcome any situation. The ones who know that runs go sideways and keep a "rainy day fund" on a clean credstick, to deal with the drek when it starts hitting the fan.

So why should new Backers join us now?

Well for one thing, to take advantage of all the features and rewards you folks unlocked over the last month! For another, to get the game at a discount along with all three of our soundtracks when they pledge at the base level. At this point, it's not about getting the highest total. It's about inviting more people to join our community. And we hope that they'll consider joining us because they want to support a bunch of (fiercely) independent developers who genuinely care about serving their audience.

Thanks again for everything. The Shadowrun Community is supportive, welcoming, helpful, generous, understanding, and appreciative and it's an absolute pleasure to make games for you. You are the very best thing about coming back to Kickstarter.

Cheers!!!

-- HBS

A rainy day fund - nice!

Staying in the CRPG creating business is difficult, so this is very welcome news.

And it looks like the funding is increasing for the final 48 hours too. When it rains, it pours.

Last edited:

ZoddGuts

Augur
Hope all the extra money they're making will extend the mini-campaign a bit.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Lets hope they actually improve the dialogue branching and better quests. Dragonfall was better yes, but still mediocre.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Maybe they should use all the extra money to rent a bigger building, they all seem cramped up in that small room.

Tytus

Arcane
I haven't backed yet and I'm hesitating where should I put my money in. On Kickstarter or on The Codex. So my question. Will 15$ here give me the same rewards as 15 dollars on Kickstarter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom