Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Just a reminder - Dragonfall was also a stretch goal add-on campaign for original SRR. And considering that 1mil will be crossed in this KS I imagine we can see stretch goals like "additional hours in the second campaign".

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I suspect they just aren't able to technically expand gameplay features, even their matrix revamp is basically a visual revamp and not a mechanic one.

They had enough trouble as it is implementing a simple save system.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
  • $700,000 - Revamped Matrix: Art and Gameplay! If we hit this goal, we'll add more people to the team to revise the look, feel, and gameplay of the Matrix. We want the Matrix to feel more like you're traveling in the digital world. We also want to add new types of Intrusion Countermeasures and new ways of interacting with them so that decking feels more like an illegal entry into someone's system.

Kemo "try hard" sabe at it again

Starwars

Arcane
I just hope the mini-campaign will feel connected enough to the main campaign. I know their playtime estimates are a bit off (at least for DF when I played it) but 4-5 hours sounds pretty short if it's a "stand-alone story" even if you continue the same character.

Gord

Arcane
The Matrix stretchgoal is saying that they want to expand gameplay and interactions in the matrix sections.
Also they have shown with the DC that they can and will do overhauls of technical aspects and gameplay features of their game/engine.

Expecting some completely different experience wouldn't make sense, I guess it will be something further expanded from the Matrix sections in Blitz' side mission in the DC.

The new mini-campaign goal is a good idea, imho. It should help them to stay on time (well, we know how that usually goes, but still...) with the main campaign and then give them something to do with the additional money afterwards that won't compromise their schedule too much. Maybe give some place for experiments, too.

Deleted member 7219

I don't think they'll get enough funding for the mini-campaign.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

There are 24 days left, man. They probably will.

The Exploding Kittens mention was quite the wildcard. It means we get the Expanded Matrix within several days instead of over a week. I wonder if there'll be any more surprises after that.

Deleted member 7219

There are 24 days left, man. They probably will.

The Exploding Kittens mention was quite the wildcard. It means we get the Expanded Matrix within several days instead of over a week. I wonder if there'll be any more surprises after that.

They have 24 days left on the campaign. They will make it.

I really hope they will but who is going to back this who hasn't backed it already? The mainstream gaming sites don't give a shit any more so I don't think new people will find out about it.

Adding extra rewards to the $35 was a smart move but unless more of the $15 pledges raise to $35 I just don't see how they'll make it.

Diablo169

Arcane
For starters everyone who couldn't afford to back it in January. Remember a lot of people are flat out broke post Christmas. I'll agree that they could be a little more savy with their digital add ons though.

Gord

Arcane
Wouldn't be too surprised either if they will have a couple of interviews with popular Youtubers in the next 3 weeks or so.

imweasel

The new mini-campaign goal is a good idea, imho.
They should spend their time making new campaigns or sequels to campaigns and not waste it on making DLCs.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
A possible scenario is that "high end" backers will lower their amount, seeing that HBS apparently has enough for the initial proposition, the HK scenario.

HBS will need to navigate cautiously the next few weeks. Still, i guess 1 mill will be within reach but it will be slog.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A full-length high-level campaign sounds like it'd be a terrible idea to me. Though it depends on how much karma they give you in the first one. :P

Deleted member 7219

A full-length high-level campaign sounds like it'd be a terrible idea to me. Though it depends on how much karma they give you in the first one. :P

They've said it won't be full length though, 4 hours really. Like an epilogue. I reckon that would be do-able.

imweasel

If they want substantially more than 1 million, then they better start thinking of new stretch goals that aren't shit.

Multi-headed Cow

They've said it won't be full length though, 4 hours really. Like an epilogue. I reckon that would be do-able.
Which could be pretty cool, depending on what they do with it. My vague hope having not played HK is the DLC campaign would be one bigass run for your high level team with lots of options for high skill checks. Maybe you get screwed over by someone during the course of the main HK campaign who isn't directly related to the plot so there's no closure, and the DLC campaign is robbing 'em and getting revenge.

Dunno, whatever the case I'm looking forward to it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
People itt want it to be full-length, I'm saying that's probably a mistake.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, they just need 15K a day to make that goal, and every day so far has more than that. Plus there is always a surge at the end

They seem quite content with the funding they've got to be honest.

Yeah, and they have written this on the kickstarter comments section:

HBS said:
Remember, this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon and our goal is not to raise as much funding as we can. It's to raise as much funding as we need to do what we're planning.

so it really seems like they have a goal and vision about what they want. I personally am happy with several games with 20-30 hours of gameplay than longer ones. That way I'm able to finish them ,the stories are more focused (less filler), and I can play several different stories

Last edited:

imweasel

As far as I can tell from the little info HBS is giving us is that Shadowrun: Hong Kong + DLC will be about as long as or only slighty longer than Dragonfall (not the Director's Cut). I don't think the karma level will be (much) higher than what we had in Dead Man's Switch or Dragonfall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom