Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter campaign to launch on January 13th

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You're exaggerating here, i mean they could've done a better job with the kickstarter for sure and i do agree the goals don't seem to all that well thought out but the fact that they came forward and said "we're half-done and will release in a few months and you're only giving us a hand" is a good approach and i'd rather they spend more time on designing the game than their kickstarter campaign.
If they were half done they wouldn't need to show screenshots from Dragonfall in the KS to exemplify how awesome Hong Kong will be.

At this point they would have art assets, videos, gifs, detailed docs on new features beyond some flashy story add-ons.

Don't get me wrong, Dragonfall is rpg of the year for me, loved it. But this KS presentation does it a disservice for being half-assed

I'm honestly not sold on that. Maybe that's because I haven't played SR:D yet, but I can hardly justify preordering another campaign for Shadowrun (which was a glorified tablet game) for $15 while having a backlog of games like Dragonfall, Blackguards, Underrail, LoG2 from this year alone.

Still, the urge is there. Kickstarter is magic and I might not be able to resist it.

You need a backlog for 2015, don't you?:P

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
To think that a few days ago we were worried if HBS had enough awareness to even make another successful kickstarter. And now the game gets founded within only a few hours. The renaissance is truly upon us.

Deleted member 7219

To think that a few days ago we were worried if HBS had enough awareness to even make another successful kickstarter. And now the game gets founded within only a few hours. The renaissance is truly upon us.
Go Harebrained Schemes, take your rightful place as the new Bioware.

There were those of us holding out hope for BioWare. After all, Dragon Age: Origins wasn't awful and it could legitimately be called an RPG (stats, skills, the whole shebang). Dragon Age: Inquisition put an end to that, for me at least. I think a lot of Codexers had written them off years ago.

Good thing we have Obsidian, Larian, a reformed inXile with legends from the past (Colin McComb, Kevin Saunders, George Ziets etc) and now Harebrained Schemes. 2015 is going to be an amazing year for RPGs.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
100k doesn't fund a game, they already had the funds for a 12 hour campaign.

I think we were expecting to see a bigger starting number.

naossano

Cipher
All the initial Stretch goal have been funded. I doubt other new stretch goal will be funded before i give them creds.

Although, i hope the next stretch goal will be better than the previous ones...

Come on ! Stretch goal for companions and companions quests ? Since Dragonfall Director's Cut, i thought that was a given, not something that "might be there".

I am having more expectation about Matrix/Astral Plane, semi-exploration, non-linearity, ammunitions, challenges (not OP spirits), new enemies skills (like immunity, EMP, control of your companions, using trauma kit on other enemies etc...) , Chris Avellone (nope, really, stop splitting your attention), number of endings, more character portraits, delayed consequences of some actions, more things to do, more archetypes and other stuffs. Not having expectations about things already supposed to be in the game.

New Strech goals :
  • $350,000 - More better sound! We can only describe smells (for now) but we can definitely improve on our audio. Dynamic combat music will ebb and flow as a battle progresses, providing more atmosphere and tension. Enhanced Ambient Sound is a catch-phrase for lots of technical babble about making your play environment sound more real and less repetitive.
  • $400,000 - Gaichu joins your team of runners! Gaichu was a member of the Renraku Corporation's elite Red Samurai security force. Infected with the Human Meta-Human Vampiric Virus (HMHVV) on a mission gone wrong, he was forced to abandon his pure-human unit as the virus slowly twisted him into a ghoul. Now a shadowrunner, Gaichu could prove a valuable ally, but his loyalty comes at a price…
  • $450,000 - Enhanced Cyber! If this goal is reached, we'll add a new skill to our character creation system that enhances a character's cyberware and unlocks the ability to install powerful new cybernetic enhancements. This system will further differentiate characters with 'ware from their flesh and blood counterparts. We'll also add cyberweapons that you can install into your characters' arm slots, complete with new animations and visual effects.
  • $500,000 - Is0bel's personal side mission! Born to immigrant parents of Somali descent, Is0bel has experienced life in the slums of Kowloon first-hand. Escaping at a young age, she retreated into the cold perfection of the Matrix, but her family still languishes in the depths of the sprawl. Her personal mission will take her back to a place that she barely escaped from - and you'll come along for the ride.
  • $550,000 - Expanded magic! If we hit this funding goal, we’ll add new gameplay options and equipment for magic-using characters. Shamans will gain the ability to summon Shrine Spirits at specific locations in the Hong Kong environment. These great-form spirits are far more powerful than their mundane counterparts, can’t break away from your control, but are limited in duration. Hermetic mages and physical adepts will gain access to Foci - enchanted weapons and objects that can boost a spellcaster’s magical power or allow an adept to deliver devastating magical attacks.
  • $600,000 - Gaichu’s personal side mission! When Gaichu became infected with HMHVV, the Red Samurai code that he'd sworn to demanded that he take his own life. Instead, he took to the shadows, dishonoring himself and the rest of his team in the process. In Gaichu's personal mission, you will square off against a squad of highly-trained warriors who will stop at nothing to destroy their old teammate... and you alongside him.
  • $700,000 - Revamped Matrix: Art and Gameplay! If we hit this goal, we'll add more people to the team to revise the look, feel, and gameplay of the Matrix. We want the Matrix to feel more like you're traveling in the digital world. We also want to add new types of Intrusion Countermeasures and new ways of interacting with them so that decking feels more like an illegal entry into someone's system.

450 k and 700 k strech goals sounds cool:)

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Another bunch of disappointing goals, and to leave
  • $700,000 - Revamped Matrix: Art and Gameplay! If we hit this goal, we'll add more people to the team to revise the look, feel, and gameplay of the Matrix. We want the Matrix to feel more like you're traveling in the digital world. We also want to add new types of Intrusion Countermeasures and new ways of interacting with them so that decking feels more like an illegal entry into someone's system.
As the 700.000$ goal instead of having it as a priority is just silly, considering it was the weakest part of the original's gameplay.

I'm getting the distinct impression this will only be a story based expansion with little to no gameplay expanded with new and better mechanics.

We got in about 14 hours 300k. In the previous kickstarter getting this sum of money took 24 hours. It ended at 1 800 k, so we can safely assume this kickstarter will reach the same amount and possibly will exceed a 2 000 k mark.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Harebrained Schemes' tyranny toward mages needs to come to an end. Put a price tag on the Astral Plane already! :outrage:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Another bunch of disappointing goals, and to leave
As the 700.000$ goal instead of having it as a priority is just silly, considering it was the weakest part of the original's gameplay.

I'm getting the distinct impression this will only be a story based expansion with little to no gameplay expanded with new and better mechanics.
They said they will add more people to the team for any gameplay changes, don't think ou can do for less.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zombra I didn't forget you my friend, I pledged just enough to get you a copy... :salute:
Got my key today through Backerkit! Completely forgot about this! You are a true bro for sharing the incline with my (at the time) broke ass. Next one is on me!* :salute:

*Assuming my $ isn't all frittered away again by that time

:bro: :bro: :bro: :bro: :bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom