Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter campaign to launch on January 13th

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong is being developed for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems only. We have elected to focus all our efforts on PC in order to deliver the best game we can without the current processing and memory limitations of tablets.

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes it's already halfway after an hour. Holy cow.

Yeah, that's very impressive. I'm glad that it turned out to be a huge success for them (and we can declare it after just, what, 2 hours?). HBS' first steps may have been rather clumsy, but they've shown that they're willing to learn from their mistakes - and more importantly, that they know how to correct them. My guess is that the kickstarter's success can be attributed in large part due to that.

Hopefully they will deliver, but I'd say that the signs are certainly encouraging.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The $1000 tier is vaguely interesting from a group perspective, but once again HBS kind of ignoring communities.

If not for those boring strechgoals I would say this looks nice. Especially the speed of pledging . It's difficult now to watch the whole short ks video without seeing as HS gets few thousand dollars meanwhile. So we have really got The Hype Train:
:hype:

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This campaign's success is another (Torment's kickstarter was the first one) strong argument supporting the contention that crowdfunding model can support a small/medium sized company.

That's even a better reason to rejoice!

:happytrollboy:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
The best news is that they did make enough money off DMS/DF/DC that they could fund another stand-alone expansion/sequel-hybrid and that KS money is for expanding the scope of the game.

Well, PC exclusive is the best news, to be honest, but the above is very close second.

:hype:

CHOO-CHOO!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorry, 2500 $ is even better. How about the first game which opens with "Co-Produced by RPGCodex" ? :o
I guess, but do we do a conference call with dozens of people? Is it just DU? It adds a lot of complications compared with "design an inn".

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I guess, but do we do a conference call with dozens of people? Is it just DU? It adds a lot of complications compared with "design an inn".

Let me just put it differently : would you rather have a game that says "Coproduced by RPGWatch" ? Just saying.

uaciaut

Augur
The girl in the video had some nice boob physics when she said "its gonna be awesome", would love to see next update focus on what she brings to the team (beyond the obvious).

:keepmymoney:

Bunch of presentation crap thats not what an update on Dragonfall needs. They need to focus goals on making the experience into a proper full scale RPG, more robust engine.

Overall, very poor presentation, not enough detail on the KS, rehashing old screenshots of the previous games, no new material to captivate players. These guys sound desperate for money more than anything else, seems that the KS was rushed out the door. :argh:

You're exaggerating here, i mean they could've done a better job with the kickstarter for sure and i do agree the goals don't seem to all that well thought out but the fact that they came forward and said "we're half-done and will release in a few months and you're only giving us a hand" is a good approach and i'd rather they spend more time on designing the game than their kickstarter campaign.

naossano

Cipher
Another bet :
All the current stretch goal will be funded before i wake up tomorow (11 hours, from now)
And maybe one or two other stretch goal will be funded before i give them my 15 creds.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm honestly not sold on that. Maybe that's because I haven't played SR:D yet, but I can hardly justify preordering another campaign for Shadowrun (which was a glorified tablet game) for $15 while having a backlog of games like Dragonfall, Blackguards, Underrail, LoG2 from this year alone.

Still, the urge is there. Kickstarter is magic and I might not be able to resist it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom