Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter campaign to launch on January 13th

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Just curious on what you people think: If HBS continues to ride the rails of INCLINE (which we will find out today) with Shadowrun: Hong Kong, would you guys want to do a codex fundraiser for it?

I certainly would.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Just curious on what you people think: If HBS continues to ride the rails of INCLINE (which we will find out today) with Shadowrun: Hong Kong, would you guys want to do a codex fundraiser for it?

I certainly would.
Depends on how ambitious they are with the project. Rehashing Dragonfall with the same mechanics is not enough I feel.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

I certainly would.

I would because that's the only way I could donate to the fucking KS :negative:

Wizfall

Cipher

I certainly would.
Absolutely.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

I certainly would.

Yes, I would.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah, what time. I figured I'd get in early so I don't miss out on potential limited el cheapo tiers. Got robbed there for Torment.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
latest

Will be playing Street Samurai for maximum immersion :bounce:

himmy

Arcane
In the last scene, when they're all waving at the camera, one of the guys on computers is wearing a Daggerfall t-shirt. Christ, even their own people confuse Dragonfall and Daggerfall.

himmy

Arcane
PC Only Release
Shadowrun: Hong Kong is being developed for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems only. We have elected to focus all our efforts on PC in order to deliver the best game we can without the current processing and memory limitations of tablets. This focus allows us to have higher-fidelity visuals, larger map sizes, and more stuff on screen.

:incline:

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Twelve hours of gameplay is a bit of a letdown, but looking at the current pledge rate they'll easily reach most stretchgoals and add some length to that.

Enhanced Player Controls! In addition to all the new Tech, Magic, Weapons, Consumables, Creatures, and Enemies we're already planning, if we reach our initial funding goal, we’ll add a bunch of interface upgrades. These include the ability to decide which team member picks up an item in free-move mode, item swapping between party members, a player-initiated turn-mode toggle so you can position your team before you enter combat, and a spread-range indicator for shotguns and sweeping melee attacks.

There are more features that should be added (looting enemies), but we're on the right track.

:takemymoney:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Indeed. But it's also what's been announced on their page.
I think I spent 25/30 hours in Dragonfall. If that amount of time had been announced for the new kickstarter, I'd have pledged more. But 12 hours ? Well... They got their 15$ .

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes.

Hmm... 30 minutes, 11K raised. Not bad at all.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Kickstarter is using some new transaction system, you might be able to back it now Darth Roxor ?

OK PC exclusive (goodby shitty tablet memory limitations), Tracking what the player does (implied choice and consequences) I'd say they are on the road to INCLINE.

I think the codex should definitely do a codex fund for this, just to let HBS know they are going down the right path.

Can we set one up DarkUnderlord ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom