Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun modules

Hegel

Arcane
Yeah a button would be nice, right now you need to add a combat end trigger for any specific scene.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If they had a trigger for end turn, you could test to see if there were visible enemies and end combat on the end of each turn.

That would mean it would be hard to go into turn based mode to set up for an attack though.

It has hardly been a week since SRR was released... Already modders have workarounds for two of the most annoying features (the prosper save system and lack of freemove between combat). SRR looks like :incline: to me (but no Arcanum to be sure)

Jackalope

Arcane
It has hardly been a week since SRR was released... Already modders have workarounds for two of the most annoying features (the prosper save system and lack of freemove between combat). SRR looks like :incline: to me (but no Arcanum to be sure)

In a couple of years someone's probably going to make an Arcanum mod for SRR... Modders are insane.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

In a couple of years someone's probably going to make an Arcanum mod for SRR... Modders are insane.
This seems to imply modders ever getting something done

Before such large scale project I'm waiting for somebody to put together a p. solid small mission

This seems to imply modders ever getting something done

Before such large scale project I'm waiting for somebody to put together a p. solid small mission

New Quality Content will take much more time IMO, because Creativity is in much more short supply than technical aptitude... even if most of the "gamers" are :retarded: bro-dude :popamole:

almondblight

Arcane
U0bMVOL.jpg

hahahaha

Why did I ever think anyone would ever do anything worthwhile with this thing?

Mods, man.

That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't praised mods on the official forums, got 4/5 stars on steam, made by the guy in charge of the "Identity Project," and getting support from HBS. Eh. I'm going to be optimistic and chalk up it's praise to people being so starved for interactivity and non-linearity that they are willing to overlook pretty much everything else.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Maybe it's because it's the only major mod? It looks p. amateurish from that screenshot, not just the writing but the map.

Zetor

Arcane
The one saving grace is that it may not have been Opifer making that particular convo or map -- according to the project page, there are 5 scripters (writers) working on it as well as an additional mapper.

Indranys

Savant
Can we tweak the combat mechanics like damage formula, accuracy and stuff bros?
I want to make the combat to be more fatal and XCOM-esque for my campaign, when everyone won't leave unscathed so easily like in the official campaign.
Really want to make a simple module based on The Raid Redemption scenario, when a team of shadowrunners are recruited to eliminate a Crimelord or Mafia Boss in his heavily guarded den.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I don't think you can mess with the combat systems directly but you can alter NPC stats and gear. Most of them have horribru stats and AI behaviour on the OC

Zetor

Arcane
Here is a simple example on how to make a custom weapon. It gets a bit more complicated if you want to add special effects and whatnot. Spells / abilities / gear / cyberware / etc can be modded in the same way.

almondblight

Arcane
The one saving grace is that it may not have been Opifer making that particular convo or map -- according to the project page, there are 5 scripters (writers) working on it as well as an additional mapper.

Maybe, but Opifer apparently made himself some badass who runs a club in the module. And it's not like this was the only problem - the whole module is poor in general.

I played a bit of Jacked-Up though, and it seemed to have promise.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Gonna wait until post-Berlin before I dive into this I think. But it's encouraging to see so many of the shortcomings apparently being fixed.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If they can give me another Morrowind, I'll be content.

And if they give you something special like Oblivion, you will be content?:troll:

Core package is already more entertaining than Oblivious was
I like the promiser of the editor tbh..

I really like this editor too, I'm even thinking in making a vapourware myself so I can show the world as I suck as game designer and I'm only good at ranting in the codex. Now, back to learn how to make a spirit with alot of dicks and a japanese girl to be fucked, hmmm...:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom