Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun modules

catfood

AGAIN
Have any good ones come out yet? As I understand it people with early access to the game have already made a few. Darth Roxor ?

Also if any codexer is working on one, be a commie and share. :D

If you've tried out any module, leave a comment here with its name and impressions (VERY IMPORTANT!!!!) so I can add it up here kthx.

1) A Lost Lamb

Trash said:
Anyway, tried the lost lamb module. Started out nice with a squalid apartment and the usual 'shadowrunner down on his luck looking for a job' beginning. Then quickly goes into both incline and decline with a lacklustre layout, a fun cyberpunk trope squalid squatter shopping mall and a merchant who give you freebie weapons and items. Module lost me there as it could just as easily have put them on you or in your appartment, instead of having someone hand them out to you. Which kinda sucks and breaks the whole tone of the thing. Module keeps alternating between interesting and facepalm design decisions. Perhaps the maker was just learning how to use the editor and thus made many of these decisions because he couldn't find another way with them or because he found them fun to include as he was getting better.

All in all though, not worth the time if you just want to play.

2) Lonestar Termination

Trash said:
Played Lonestar Termination for the lulz. Guy that made it also made a couple of rather retarded comments about several other modules. Highpoint of his module is a description and loading screen that's one big typo. After that you'll find a few badly designed rooms with some guards. Mercifully swift is the best I can say.

Silva

Arcane
I just need a mod with procedure generated missions out of a hub. No need for a central story. Oh, and a Seattle city map to see where those missions are. I like maps.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Lost Lamb is the one big module out. I am about to start it actually, after finishing the OC.

I am very interested in writing some runs from a single hub world, much like the OC does. I played with the editor and it seems easy enough, relatively. I doubt I have the time or patience to invest in creating a big open world, which would be lovely.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I take it most of these mods were in the works during the beta, right? No way someone's put out a campaign that quickly.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, backers had early access to the toolset I guess.

Though I just finished Lost Lamb in an hour, so it ain't that long. Doesn't even say it ended really, just ends. Might be the author is going to add to it. It had an open world though, different from the main campaign, so that was nice.

made

Arcane
I'm currently working on recreating Bloodnet in the editor. It was heavily based on SR and should translate neatly into the SRR engine (minus the blood mechanic perhaps) provided it can do a city map and more complex dialogue triggers than what I've seen in the campaign.

It's still in the early planning stages though. Ie. I just woke up and had the idea. I don't know the first thing about modding.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm currently working on recreating Bloodnet in the editor. It was heavily based on SR and should translate neatly into the SRR engine (minus the blood mechanic perhaps) provided it can do a city map and more complex dialogue triggers than what I've seen in the campaign.

It's still in the early planning stages though. Ie. I just woke up and had the idea. I don't know the first thing about modding.
Might help to open the OC in the editor and just get a general idea of how stuff works

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Might help to open the OC in the editor and just get a general idea of how stuff works

Yeah, back when I made Morrowind mods I learned everything from dissecting the official campaign.

That said I spent an hour with the editor earlier and it's pretty straightforward. The wiki pages out there already tell you almost everything you need to know to match the official campaign. If you want to do some funky additions like a world map or new spells then you'll have to figure that out, however. The game doesn't even have a local map, it's definitely made to be mission based and not massively open.

Diablo169

Arcane
Personally I don't mind the mission based structure. Isn't that essentially what Shadowrun is supposed to be about? Looking forward to seeing what people cook up with the editor. Bound to be some good stuff mixed in with the god awful ones.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Personally I don't mind the mission based structure. Isn't that essentially what Shadowrun is supposed to be about?

Yes, but a run is supposed to be a whole lot more involved than driving to a pizza parlor, placing an order, visiting the restroom, chatting with an acquaintance, picking up your pizza, taking it out to your car, and then driving back home.

The only thing that the act of picking up a takeout pizza is missing in order to be almost exactly like Shadowrun Returns is a quick game or two of speed checkers thrown in here and there.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Wait, you can mod in loot-able bodies but the base game doesn't have them? :lol: Well, at least the editor seems to be fairly powerful so I guess that's a major selling point. Would buy if I had the spare jewgold.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wait, you can mod in loot-able bodies but the base game doesn't have them? :lol: Well, at least the editor seems to be fairly powerful so I guess that's a major selling point. Would buy if I had the spare jewgold.

Enemies drop loot (mission items) in the main campaign infrequently, they just don't leave a corpse behind. Instead, there's just an interaction icon on the floor. Annoyingly, this icon can interfere with movement and aiming if dropped mid-combat.

Presumably, programming in persistent corpses and loot tables was too much trouble. Plus, there really isn't enough item variety in the game for there to be a need for corpse-looting—they just give you enough nuyen to selectively purchase what you want from the hub vendors.

Diablo169

Arcane
For fucks sake, I love how one of the first fan made props for the game is a woman face down in her underwear in bed. Shadowrun romances incoming.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
For fucks sake, I love how one of the first fan made props for the game is a woman face down in her underwear in bed. Shadowrun romances incoming.

It'll be good for a whore house or whatever.
Personally I don't mind the mission based structure. Isn't that essentially what Shadowrun is supposed to be about? Looking forward to seeing what people cook up with the editor. Bound to be some good stuff mixed in with the god awful ones.

Agreed. I think the best mods will follow the OC in format, for the most part. More wiggle room is certainly possible and welcome but trying to turn this system in Baldur's Gate will result in disappointment. This is already apparent with Life on a Limb or whatever, the big open mod campaign. It just doesn't work with the base game's playstyle and engine.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sr.jpg

Got started on this after about 20 minutes. The editor is very easy to figure out, even going in pretty blind.

Just gotta figure out how to make lighting not suck.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Would be cool if we could get the OP to create a list of worthwhile mods with footnotes for each. Amirite, catfood? ;)

But seriously, it would be nice to know what to avoid and what's worth checking out.

NotTale

Learned
I just need to finish the campaign and I'll play around in the editor some more.
The main idea I'm planning is a noir thriller, the one problem being that the shipped campaign starts off as one too. But I want to focus more on mystery and open investigation where the player has to piece together the clues.

I wonder if I can turn the mission item system into a journal.

If that idea fails, then I'll do a standard shooty corporate raid instead.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I'm planning on doing a campaign or module taking place in cyber: xland, but I'm withholding any work until some more mods, props and hacks are released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom