Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

roshan

Arcane
Charisma and the etiquettes can be useful for several things but also are often flavour. I dont think it hourts if you go for 6 ch and get the third etiquette but it wouldnt pump it to 8 for the fourth since you dont use shaman spells. I play a shaman so I dont know about the adept but I think you already have two categories to put karma in namely willpower and strenght or quickness.

As for the etiquettes I have street gang security and corporate, I dont remember using street for anything. I had a mission were I could use the shadowrunner etiquette but only one and I know of two times were I could have used the socialite never saw academic. But I am early in the game I think just preparing for the atztech run and having done all optional stuff I could find apart from the lodge runs so maybe that stuff will pop up later.

Normally I would use the etiquettes for some larping but I am not really sure they are equally usefull.

Security and corporate are quite heavily used. Academic is OK and useful at the end game but midgame can also be used in a couple of missions.

Street and Gang are mostly checked in the early game and generally useless after the first maybe 3 or so missions. Only found I think two or three checks for socialite in the entire game, same with shadowrunner.

Gord

Arcane
Security and corporate are quite heavily used. Academic is OK and useful at the end game but midgame can also be used in a couple of missions.

Street and Gang are mostly checked in the early game and generally useless after the first maybe 3 or so missions. Only found I think two or three checks for socialite in the entire game, same with shadowrunner.

Actually Street and Gang get much more love in the DC, iirc. Street is used relatively often up until mid-to-late game (just not the very end), depending on when you do e.g. the companion missions.

Jason Liang

Arcane
We should have a poll rating all the missions from best to worst (and hide reasons in spoilers). Obviously this can change depending on what your build was. I'll do a more detailed rating later, but off the top of my head, I'd rate MKVI, Apex and Humanis highly, and the last mission as well as most of the side missions rather low (especially the halfbaked ones like Eiger's mission and the gun merchant mission). Sorry, I uninstalled Dragonfall to install PoE so I can't look up all the mission names right now.

Whatever is lacking in SRR, the Telestrian run was near perfect, and the challenge was more consistent overall from my recollection.

I guess what I mean is that the fights in Dragonfall are memorable because they are gimmicky but on the second playthrough without any surprises, there really isn't any challenge to them, while the SRR fights are just better balanced to provide a challenge (partly since there is less ways to prepare for them). SRR battles remind me of FASA Battletech scenarios where the scenario provides exactly what both sides have.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Started a new game on Very Hard.
Laughed when a totem gave +4 Dmg with -10% To Hit Penalty for 3 Rounds Party Buff (AOE 3 Tiles)
Full Auto hits a NPC 5 times for 12 damage each.

:killitwithfire:

Tigranes

Arcane
From Roxor's Dragonfall review: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9394

"The last mission, in particular, is simply brilliant, and I wish there were more runs like it in the game – it’s actually almost a straight-up dungeon crawl, with multiple levels, navigating through dark tunnels, finding the means to tip the scales in your favour, while coming across lots of nasty-ass enemies that slowly chip away your medkits."

I agree with this, but if the dungeon crawling aspect of it doesn't click for you, then I can see why you wouldn't get it and would instead want a more standard cyberpunk scenario.

I can see why that would appeal in principle. Shadowrun missions are most fun when you are slowly whittled down to low health and low consumables. I love dungeon crawls like that. It's just that (1) Shadowrun combat is fairly limited in tactical options, so at this point your team is rinsing and repeating the same 3-4 tactics, which is true in many RPGs but especially here when you can't control your teammates' development; (2) on Very Hard the difficulty dropped off in the final missions, I suppose to balance for people who don't do all the sidequests, so it became just a chore.

As Jason Liang says, I think APEX and MKVI missions are a highlight in terms of throwing at least a few curveballs in how it all pans out. The weaker ones tend to be, say, the second mission in the club (where you literally just click the hotspots from floor 1 to 5). If they are doing a new campaign in Hong Kong, cool - but I think what is sorely needed to refresh the gameplay and make it less repetitive/linear is:
  1. A proper party shared inventory so you can fit out your teammates with the weapons, magic, etc you want and actually build a team, instead of playing through the exact same party each time
  2. Encounter design sorely needs more variation - the Matrix is particularly boring, but straight up fights also are because it becomes a coverfest (where the AI will senselessly break cover half the time, as per all cover games). More countdowns, explodables, 3-way battles, etc, etc.
  3. More missions where you have some actual choices that impact how your mission turns out. Consider the Glory mission - there's basically 1 choice regarding Marta: (1) search every room, even though the game keeps telling you you're in a hurry, and you get to persuade Marta; (2) don't search every room, which would be the sensible thing in that situation, and lose Marta. Pffft.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
New update, available now, at GOG.
New Features, Improvements
Trigger: Added new environmental effect, fog to editor.
Trigger: Added new trigger: Move prop with speed.
UI: Added hover description to overwatch button.
UI: Item pickup popup will not trigger for that fail equip requirements.
Secrets: Several new “modes” have been added.

Bug Fixes
AI: Improved wander AI.
AI: Resolved issue that caused AI to act incorrectly when losing LoS of targets.
AI: Resolved issue that prevented boss AI from attacking multiple times.
Character Creation: Resolved issue that caused some icons to be missing from Karma spend screen.
Character Creation: Resolved issue that could lead to characters having Totems/Etiquettes without the correct Karma spent.
Gameplay: Added logic to check for last downed actor when the rest of the team is detained or transitioned.
Hiring: Resolved issue that caused hiring prerequisites to fail incorrectly if actors had the Eye Datajack equipped as their only Datajack.
Save: Resolved issue that could cause story variables to not be reset after rewinding.
UI: Resolved issue that caused icons to not reappear after screen fade in/out.
UI: Resolved issue that caused keyboard shortcuts to remain active when typing in a text field.
UI: Resolved issue with sorting level on Team Advancement screen.
UI: Resolved issue with team pips not updating correctly.
VFX: Resolved issue that caused some multi-hit attacks to hit incorrect actors if target actor died before attack finished.

Bug Fixes: Dragonfall Campaign
Added additional dialog for Lucky Strike.
Added loading screen text for post Engineer mission.
Added loading screen text for post Feuerstelle mission.
Added loading screen text for post Settling Debts mission.
Added more player agency to Samuel Beckenbauer conversations.
Added more player agency to Trial Run mission.
Changed bomb planting behavior in the Engineer mission.
Improved prop placement in False Flag mission.
Improved prop placement in the Engineer mission.
Removed ability for Goldfish to have same conversation repeatedly with player in Hard Times mission.
Resolved edge case issue that caused loss of player control in the Trial Run mission.
Resolved edge case issue that caused mission the Drug Pit to be unable to complete.
Resolved issue that allowed AI to become trapped in inaccessible area in Dragonfall mission.
Resolved issue that caused animation issue when putting on a disguise in Earwig mission.
Resolved issue that caused Boss AI to be susceptible to mind controlling spells and abilities.
Resolved issue that caused both boss fights to be triggered in Settling Debts mission.
Resolved issue that caused empty player choices in conversation with Karl in Apex Rising mission.
Resolved issue that caused incorrect actors going hostile in the Trial Run, resulting in play blocker.
Resolved issue that caused incorrect sound to be played in Matrix of Loose Ends mission.
Resolved issue that caused looped conversation in Settling Debts mission.
Resolved issue that caused Matrix sections to be triggered at incorrect time in Settling Debts mission.
Resolved issue that caused mouseover text to not display on some interactive props in MKVI mission.
Resolved issue that caused Panzerdrohne to be equipped with weapons in equip screen.
Resolved issue that caused players to exit from different exits in top floor of Trial Run mission.
Resolved issue that caused Shadowlands conversation to exit unexpectedly.
Resolved issue that caused unintended behaviour when a BuNoMa was used.
Resolved issue that prevented Pummelo from equipping any items without losing currently equipped items.
Resolved Simmy/Ezkibel conversation inconsistency after Rabbit Hole mission.
Resolved various typos and grammar issues.
Updated Aim spell and Eagle totem text for clarity.

Edit: But only for mac :argh:

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Eh?
Thats old shit that has been out for weeks if not months (for the beta release of the patch).
Macfags probably only got i late.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Got all excited over nothing, then.
I didn't even payed attention to the fix list.

Edit: According to Judas, on GOG's forums:
We've uploaded a new Mac DMG that will update your Shadowrun Dragonfall DC install to version 2.0.7. We will be rolling out the Windows and Linux updates ASAP but please keep in mind that we still have a few staff out on holiday.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah thats the current version 2.0.7

And it seems you can no longer get a drink in your inventory when you do that stolen weapons mission. :/ I miss my 1 Karma...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You own the steam version? On gog 2.0.6 is the most recent win version.

Yeah, I have STEAM. It has 2.0.7

Jaesun said:
And it seems you can no longer get a drink in your inventory when you do that stolen weapons mission. :/ I miss my 1 Karma...
Socialite etiquette on the MKVI run?

No, that rather early mission you get from the weapon merchant in town, that has a shipment go missing. The girl at the bar in that mission would buy you a drink, and it would go into your inventory (mission items). You don't get anything now (even if you specifically don't drink it). Apparently they took that out or it is bugged. :/

Shadowfang

Arcane
No, that rather early mission you get from the weapon merchant in town, that has a shipment go missing. The girl at the bar in that mission would buy you a drink, and it would go into your inventory (mission items). You don't get anything now (even if you specifically don't drink it). Apparently they took that out or it is bugged. :/
Oh yeah the thirsty troll/orc guarding the entrance. That sucks:argh:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
hahahwow.png

:fuuyeah:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That was in when I played through it a little while ago.

Are you playing with 2.0.7? I re-loaded and tried every drink possible. None of them would enter into your mission inventory.

I'm getting worked up over ONE fucking Karma point. :lol:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are you playing with 2.0.7? I re-loaded and tried every drink possible. None of them would enter into your mission inventory.

I'm getting worked up over ONE fucking Karma point. :lol:

Yeah, I got it in 2.0.7 too. I got it from a guy in the bottom level where you confront the leader. You may need a peaceful resolution to get it though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah, I got it in 2.0.7 too. I got it from a guy in the bottom level where you confront the leader. You may need a peaceful resolution to get it though.

OK then they changed that then. If so, that's actually pretty cool then (that was WAY too easy to get). I still have my save, I'll give it a try.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Out of sheer curiosity, in the Trial Run mission, has anyone played as an Elf? I'm curious if can then finally talk to that one teammate that is with you? And I'd also "assume" it changes the outcome of that.... confrontation?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Out of sheer curiosity, in the Trial Run mission, has anyone played as an Elf? I'm curious if can then finally talk to that one teammate that is with you? And I'd also "assume" it changes the outcome of that.... confrontation?
I haven't played as an elf, but it's actually a good question. My troll samurai had to put his skills to good use in that mission.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I did and I couldn't speak to him.The thing is that
I don't remember what dialogue choices I chose but everyone survived which I thing was a bug,in the aftermath it was mentioned that the elf died although as I said he didn't,lol

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Some bullshit about him speaking a weird dialect of sperethiel, so you can't understand him anyway... :(

DeepOcean

Arcane
You play as a uncultured kwan elf, what you expect?
:patriot::lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't ever remember the games story stating you were specifically FROM Germany.

Well, at the beginning of the game, when one of your party members asks about your background (Deitrich, I think?), one of the possible answers is that you're from the Ruhrplex, and I don't think there are any other options that actually specify a location. It's not like it matters, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom