Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

cw8

Cipher
Worth $6.00 ?

I feel bad for backing the minimum amount to get DMS after they gave away Dragonfall for free to all backers. I'll gladly pay for the boxed copy on KS if the HK campaign is as long or longer and engaging like Dragonfall.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I feel bad for backing the minimum amount to get DMS after they gave away Dragonfall for free to all backers. I'll gladly pay for the boxed copy on KS if the HK campaign is as long or longer and engaging like Dragonfall.

Question about the Bloodline quest...

So I stole the bloodline project data and I have an option to either sell it on the black market, give it to Schockingermanname, or delete it. The problem is I can't remember exactly who Schock-guy is. And it's nowhere in my notes/mission data. Just wondering if someone knew who this guy was. Information about him is surprisingly sparse online.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
dragonfuck.jpg

I did that too (used a full name). :lol: And yeah, dialogue looks like shit when you do that.
indeed.jpg

the_question.jpg

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Schockwellenreiter is an anarchist hacker collective. I think they are good guys.

Eh. They blindly release all their information to the public without taking a moment to decide whether or not they should. I wish there were consequences in-game for releasing some of the more dangerous information.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Trolls have less potential to be extremely intelligent than other races, but the average troll is as intelligent as the average [insert Metatype] so I suppose they technically aren't dumber either. But didn't they have a penalty to intelligence in older editions of P&P SR to reflect they were in fact dumber and they changed that in the later ones? If that's the case who knows where the game stands.

And yes, the Schockwellenreiter want a free flow of information, so their heart is probably in the right place. But they're also the kind of people that leaks the schematics of the latest weapons, spells and biological agents to the whole Matrix without a second thought consequences be damned.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, intelligence: 6 is quite high actually. You probably won't be the best decker ever, but you can become a very good one. Most intelligence checks in game (I've seen only one or two) are below 6.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
SR 4th edition dropped race-caused negative ability modifiers as it replaced them with the racial maximum scores in each ability. In earlier editions, orcs and trolls both had -1/-2 to INT. 4th edition did keep the tusks cause speaking/pronunciation issues, which is the main reason for people assuming they are stupid. Well, in addition to the "dumb big jock"-stereotype.

RK47

Patron
Mmmm, kinda disengaged with this whole skill picks - since I've ran with Street Samurai Template and didn't exactly min-max that well on my Katana Troll.
Taking 4 pts throwing seems like a waste. At no point was I even contemplating to throw a shuriken when accuracy is terrible at most ranges.
Felt ripped off. And seeing Riflemen having access to both Sniper & Assault Rifles completes the envy.
So far I'm killing everything and didn't bother decking either while spamming the +AP spells whenever combat start to close distance n chop moles.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Eh. They blindly release all their information to the public without taking a moment to decide whether or not they should. I wish there were consequences in-game for releasing some of the more dangerous information.
Yeah, I was like "Uh Im not quite sure if releasing those schematics of newest weapons and viruses and shit for everybody to see and use is the best idea. Somebody may take them and do shitload of harm with them". But as you have said, the game never gives you any negative consequences for doing it, further missions do not become more difficult because you released some info on security protocols and now corporations had to strenghten their security. No one dies because you released data on new bioweapons. There were some posts on the in-game message board about some dude doing something with the released Formula 17, but nothing ever came out of it. It would be interesting to maybe see an interesting npc (Like that chick from the Turk ) die in a bio attack because you released the data and some crazy dude decided to use it to kill people.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, I was like "Uh Im not quite sure if releasing those schematics of newest weapons and viruses and shit for everybody to see and use is the best idea. Somebody may take them and do shitload of harm with them". But as you have said, the game never gives you any negative consequences for doing it, further missions do not become more difficult because you released some info on security protocols and now corporations had to strenghten their security. No one dies because you released data on new bioweapons. There were some posts on the in-game message board about some dude doing something with the released Formula 17, but nothing ever came out of it. It would be interesting to maybe see an interesting npc (Like that chick from the Turk ) die in a bio attack because you released the data and some crazy dude decided to use it to kill people.

Kinda spoilerific, but I'm glad you posted this. I didn't quite understand the implications of releasing this data and to whom. I talked to the voodoo guy in his shop and he seemed pretty freaked out about it. The data's powers seemed so overly strong that it should be destroyed practically without second thought. My thought was maybe if I keep it I can use it in the future, or if I sell it to this guy he'll come help me in the future, but if I just sell it on the black market who knows what will happen. Shame it's largely irrelevant, but I guess I can stop fretting now. They definitely should not have dropped some an element into what is essentially a side-quest.

Cromwell

Arcane
I just brought my ch to 6 but it doesnt give me a new etiquette. Am I restricted to three or am I an Idiot and miss a button?

roshan

Arcane
I just brought my ch to 6 but it doesnt give me a new etiquette. Am I restricted to three or am I an Idiot and miss a button?

I think you should have three etiquettes at 6 CHA? And get the fourth at 8?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Trying something different out. Bit I forget: At character creation if you have un-used Karma points, are they LOST or do they carry over to your next level up?

EDIT: Reading is TEH HARD. :M

Last edited:

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pretty sure you keep them. I think I ended creation a couple of times with 1 karma left or something...

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
I played the game on normal and it wasn't much of a challenge (only parts I can think of that required a reload were the APEX/Audran fights,) spent most of my time kicking heads in with burst fire as a Street Samurai and getting buffs from the Shaman. Is it just the difficulty level or are gun characters still broken? I was thinking of trying a new playthrough as a rigger; any opinions?

Great game by the way, my favourite completed game of 2014, ahead of Divinity.

RK47

Patron
I played the game on normal and it wasn't much of a challenge (only parts I can think of that required a reload were the APEX/Audran fights,) spent most of my time kicking heads in with burst fire as a Street Samurai and getting buffs from the Shaman. Is it just the difficulty level or are gun characters still broken? I was thinking of trying a new playthrough as a rigger; any opinions?

Great game by the way, my favourite completed game of 2014, ahead of Divinity.

As a rigger your ability is capped by your drones. It's a shitty existence. I wouldn't mind it so much if I don't have to be the ones opening fucking doors, triggering combat and standing under 4 gun barrels.

Bump difficulty to Hard if you want a slight challenge but IMO Rigger is pretty much just a boring pet class.
You might be inclined to take Quickness and one Ranged Weapon of Choice - but I went past 2-3 mission with just regular drone play and couldn't feel the challenge - I even held up upgrading cause I want to buy Class A at the very least.

I did dip a few points on Conjuring for cheap Haste but it was just Decking/Rigging for the most part. Now I command 2 Drones with Bonus AP each. Ho ho ho.

Things that might've made the game too easy.
Buy Eiger an Assault Rifle early game and watch her clean room when Crammed and Hasted with Full Auto
Give Glory a Taser Pistol once she unlocks her 3rd weapon slot and watch her just crowd control two enemies in one round when Hasted. Her pistol dps is not so great once double-tap is used up, but her Claw is amazingly effective. Best move is to just to claw up people and double tap at point blank.
When using Rifle you can Full Auto for easy dps and kills - but this is limited by ammo, not so if you carry 2 or 3 rifles. Yes, you can replace all Eiger's guns with AR if you wish. Buff her up with Aim, Cram and Haste and watch her full auto twice non-stop per round.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played the game on normal and it wasn't much of a challenge

Very Hard is the only way to play. Otherwise you'll just roflstomp everything no matter what you do. Well, unless you just start putting points into goddamn everything.

---

Anyway, does anybody know if Glory's "hail of bullets" works with that revolver she gets later on? The skill reminds me of double-tap and chain shot -- both of which cannot be used with revolvers.

almondblight

Arcane
I've been enjoying the difficulty quite a bit on very hard. Better than the combat in 95% of RPGs (granted, most RPG combat sucks). Give it a try.

Ninjerk

Arcane
As a rigger your ability is capped by your drones. It's a shitty existence. I wouldn't mind it so much if I don't have to be the ones opening fucking doors, triggering combat and standing under 4 gun barrels.

Bump difficulty to Hard if you want a slight challenge but IMO Rigger is pretty much just a boring pet class.
You might be inclined to take Quickness and one Ranged Weapon of Choice - but I went past 2-3 mission with just regular drone play and couldn't feel the challenge - I even held up upgrading cause I want to buy Class A at the very least.

I did dip a few points on Conjuring for cheap Haste but it was just Decking/Rigging for the most part. Now I command 2 Drones with Bonus AP each. Ho ho ho.

Things that might've made the game too easy.
Buy Eiger an Assault Rifle early game and watch her clean room when Crammed and Hasted with Full Auto
Give Glory a Taser Pistol once she unlocks her 3rd weapon slot and watch her just crowd control two enemies in one round when Hasted. Her pistol dps is not so great once double-tap is used up, but her Claw is amazingly effective. Best move is to just to claw up people and double tap at point blank.
When using Rifle you can Full Auto for easy dps and kills - but this is limited by ammo, not so if you carry 2 or 3 rifles. Yes, you can replace all Eiger's guns with AR if you wish. Buff her up with Aim, Cram and Haste and watch her full auto twice non-stop per round.
I'm a bit miffed that the taser isn't considered a pistol (at least for the purposes of the free-reload skill). I was so excited about the prospect of getting two taser shots off each round with my PC.

RK47

Patron
I'm more annoyed you cannot buy duplicate weapons.
Seriously, dev - I don't care and nor should you. If I bought the same gun twice by mistake it's my fault or because I have an evil plan with three stun guns-equipped Street Samurai wielding a bad-ass katana. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom