Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Rpgsaurus Rex

roshan

Why only 13 damage? You can use any weapon to hurt the bugs first form, the spirit gun is only for killing the bugs in spirit form.

I remember being able to kill and 'exorcise' a bug in two consecutive turns.

naossano

Cipher
You shouldn't try to kill all the bugs on the same turn. You should focus on 1-2 bugs for each turn and make sure no one has to reload on the following turn, the one you hit the spirit bug.

This might be improved, but i found these missions wonderfull gameplay wise. It really play with the concept of turn-based combat, in an original way, and impossible to do in real-time.
Someone should probably edit a movie based on footages of Shadowrun (and probably other game) to promote the turn-based combats systems and all the things that could only be done with that system.

PS: Was it officially announced that they dropped the franchise ? Dragonfall Director's Cut was only released a few weeks ago. It seems too early to tell they won't release anything else.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Too bad there isn't going to be Shadowrun 2. I still don't understand why they decided to drop this quite successful franchise and make a game about cemeteries or something (already forgot its name).
They haven't dropped anything, they are hiring designers for new Shadowrun campaign. News is here.

roshan

Arcane
roshan

Why only 13 damage? You can use any weapon to hurt the bugs first form, the spirit gun is only for killing the bugs in spirit form.

I remember being able to kill and 'exorcise' a bug in two consecutive turns.

I meant the spirit form. :)

Oh. :) In that case, don't they take three or so turns to turn back to normal?

No, not in my game. Maybe it's because of the difficulty setting (I think I'm playing on hard or very hard), or because I'm running it in the Director's Cut engine?

naossano

Cipher
Nope, it is one turn in normal too.
(by the way, don't complain about difficulty if you pick the hardest each time you launch a game)

- You have to weaken all the bugs, but be carefull of only killing one on same turn, so the other remain hurt, then before killing any of them, make you all the bug guns are loaded.
- Once you have killed one, focus all the bug shooters on that spirit to make sure he dies. The guy without bug gun shouldn't kill any bug in the meantime as you guys must reload their bug guns.
- Then, kill another bug, when all the bug guns are reloaded.
- All of this while making sure that any bug you don't currently want to die don't die, some they remain hurt. If they die and turn spirit when you don't want them to die, they will get all their health back when respawned. But at the same time, hurt them as much as possible so when you need them killed, it won't take much time.

roshan

Arcane
Nope, it is one turn in normal too.
(by the way, don't complain about difficulty if you pick the hardest each time you launch a game)

- You have to weaken all the bugs, but be carefull of only killing one on same turn, so the other remain hurt, then before killing any of them, make you all the bug guns are loaded.
- Once you have killed one, focus all the bug shooters on that spirit to make sure he dies. The guy without bug gun shouldn't kill any bug in the meantime as you guys must reload their bug guns.
- Then, kill another bug, when all the bug guns are reloaded.
- All of this while making sure that any bug you don't currently want to die don't die, some they remain hurt. If they die and turn spirit when you don't want them to die, they will get all their health back when respawned. But at the same time, hurt them as much as possible so when you need them killed, it won't take much time.

Yeah, just beat the game and this is exactly what I did. Had to make sure I never killed more than 1 bug per turn, I just reduced the others to red HP. I didn't enjoy playing that way though, It felt very metagamey, because gameplay was no longer about making tactical decisions but exploiting the rules to your advantage.

BTW I was not complaining about "difficulty" but rather repetitiveness/tedium.

naossano

Cipher
It could indeed be improved. What i praised is that they exploited the turn-based combat system not only in an unlikely way but also impossible to reproduce in real-time.
This isn't the only time they use it in a clever way, in both campaign, which increase the appeal in replaying them.

About the bugs
Don't worry, this is the only mission that use those bug guns. Those creatures never appear afterward

almondblight

Arcane
This is unbelievably shitty gameplay. My characters usually take AP damage against the bugs, so I'm usually left with only 4 shots at them, out of which all four need to hit, because each shot always does only 13 damage with no chance of critical, and the spirit forms happen to have 40 HP, just enough to survive four shots.

Try to get your non-Aegis member to take the AP damage. You should have 6 shots against them.

But yeah, they were annoying. Dragonfall DC combat has been much more fun for me (and a decent challenge on very hard).

Rpgsaurus Rex

No, not in my game. Maybe it's because of the difficulty setting (I think I'm playing on hard or very hard), or because I'm running it in the Director's Cut engine?

Must be the Director's Cut as I played DMS on very hard as well.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
You can run DMS on the Director's Cut engine? How?
Just finished DMS while playing it on Dragonfall Director's cut.
I just had to paste the dead_man_switch folder into the ...\Shadowrun Dragonfall\Dragonfall_Data\StreamingAssets\ContentPacks directory.
Only had an issue in the first fight where two enemies were invisible, but you could still target them easily. Other than it went smooth.
You are welcome.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Any actual advantage in doing that?

Strangely, that folder was already there. It just had a couple of files missing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Beta Release Notes 2.0.7

Beta Instructions
We have begun public beta testing for the next update. This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, but if you'd like to try out the latest and greatest before it's available to the rest of the world, here's how you can participate:
  • Go to Steam Library
  • Right click on Shadowrun Dragonfall - Directors Cut
  • Select Properties
  • Select Betas
  • Then a drop down says: "Select the beta you would like to opt into"
  • Choose: Public Beta
You should see some 'updating' traffic as Steam fetches new files for Shadowrun Dragonfall - Directors Cut.
If you ever want to opt out of the Public Beta and return to the normal public build that everyone else has, you can repeat the process above and choose NONE from the drop down list.

New Features, Improvements
  • Trigger: Added new environmental effect, fog to editor.
  • Trigger: Added new trigger: Move prop with speed.
  • UI: Added hover description to overwatch button.
  • UI: Item pickup popup will not trigger for that fail equip requirements.
  • Secrets: Several new “modes” have been added.

Well, they released it: http://steamcommunity.com/games/300550/announcements/detail/236768452940099400

dryan

Arcane
What are "modes" even?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom