Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Gord

Arcane
I would say that he isn't necessarily worse than one with melee weapons, but more dependent on using Killing Hands to upgrade his damage.
Thrown weapons imho offers some increased flexibility since you can occasionally take cover and esp. use grenades. Maybe stun grenades could be used to offset the (mostly) missing AP damage for unarmed adepts.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is an unarmed adept (killing hands) with thrown weapons useful at all -- and if so, which of the chi abilities are good for that build?
I recommend counterstrike for people wanting to invest on throwing weapon. It allow you to counter attack the enemy that just attacked you with the weapon you had on hands on the end of your turn. Yes, you can counter attack with shotguns and throwing weapons. With an adept, you will be on an advanced position and it is pretty much guaranteed the enemies are going to focus on you. Counter strike wastes 1AP and allow you to counter attack up to three enemies on the next round if you have zero cyberware/bioware. Excellent when it is too dangerous to get close to enemies, stun grenades can do wonders too as you won't have a way to stun enemies with unarmed and stun grenades with throwing only use 1AP.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I found Adepts to be annoying to be play. I tried one with DMS. Shammy, mage, street sammy, decker, rigger - all are more fun IMHO than adept.

Don't confuse DMS and Dragonfall adepts. They are probably the most changed class from basic SRR to Dragonfall. Most chi spells are just passive upgrades with nice Active perks now.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Is an unarmed adept (killing hands) with thrown weapons useful at all -- and if so, which of the chi abilities are good for that build?
I recommend counterstrike for people wanting to invest on throwing weapon. It allow you to counter attack the enemy that just attacked you with the weapon you had on hands on the end of your turn. Yes, you can counter attack with shotguns and throwing weapons. With an adept, you will be on an advanced position and it is pretty much guaranteed the enemies are going to focus on you. Counter strike wastes 1AP and allow you to counter attack up to three enemies on the next round if you have zero cyberware/bioware. Excellent when it is too dangerous to get close to enemies, stun grenades can do wonders too as you won't have a way to stun enemies with unarmed and stun grenades with throwing only use 1AP.

That's pretty cool! Didn't know that.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So far, the single best addition to the DC in my view are the drastically quickened spell animations.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm playing as a mage and I think that's what is making the game feel "easy". I already maxed out willpower and spellcasting. Anything else cool to pair with that? Chi casting isn't my thing, so so far i've put random points in dodge and HP.

agris

Arcane
Patron
When you post paydata onto the BBS, are you paid more for waiting longer?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm playing as a mage and I think that's what is making the game feel "easy". I already maxed out willpower and spellcasting. Anything else cool to pair with that? Chi casting isn't my thing, so so far i've put random points in dodge and HP.

Honestly mages are so good With just WP and Spells I would use extra karma for Etiquettes and perhaps the ability to take advantage of the odd free summon :M

Or maybe Biotech. There are a lot of Biotech skill checks.

dryan

Arcane
Quick question: do mages get overwatch from increasing willpower/spellcasting?

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
No and thats awful. I really missed it with my pure mage.

Edit: If you want to use overwatch with a powerbolt you are going to need at least 4 levels in ranged/close combat.

Shadowfang

Arcane
So how does Dietrich get overwatch on his throwing knives/shuriken and his magic missile basic attack? Is that just accessible to NPC's?
He is a cheater!
I never noticed that he doesnt have a single point in ranged/close combat and yet manages to overwatch.

dryan

Arcane

Edit: If you want to use overwatch with a powerbolt you are going to need at least 4 levels in ranged/close combat.
Shit, I don't wanna waste that much karma. OTOH, overwatch is so useful to bottleneck enemies...

Shadowfang

Arcane

Shit, I don't wanna waste that much karma. OTOH, overwatch is so useful to bottleneck enemies...
You are probably going to max willpower and spellcasting pretty soon. Unless you are playing a dwarf. Are you playing a dwarf?

dryan

Arcane

You are probably going to max willpower and spellcasting pretty soon. Unless you are playing a dwarf. Are you playing a dwarf?
Yes. I thought they were best for mages because of the willpower bonus.

Shadowfang

Arcane
They are. I was happy with 9 spellcasting, i don't know if i could push it as far as 12 but i guess there might be enough karma.
If i am not mistaken, the spellcasting 8 is the max req for hermetic spells, i dont know how much you will benefit in pumping it higher than that.

dryan

Arcane
They are. I was happy with 9 spellcasting, i don't know if i could push it as far as 12 but i guess there might be enough karma.
If i am not mistaken, the spellcasting 8 is the max req for hermetic spells, i dont know how much you will benefit in pumping it higher than that.
Guess I'll just branch out then. But I was planning on spending extra karma on charisma, not weapon related skills, since I won't be using any weapons.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Stuck at blitz's mission, everytime the game fades out to matrix it bugs out, even reloading and trying again only leads to it bugging out on the extraction point.

Gord

Arcane
I didn't get that issue, but the final fight in Blitz' mission locked up for me once - the enemy wouldn't complete their turn.
Reload fixed it, though.

Speaking of Blitz - what's his new special ability supposed to do? The enemy gains a "confused" status, but otherwise it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

I've now just started Glory's mission and noticed a slight pecularity:
In the conversation leading up to it, I decided to go after Harrow, yet now that I arrived at Feuerstelle, Glory's talking about focusing on saving the kids. Bug?

Also, why does there have to be so much cyberware that goes into the "Body" slot? Too much neat stuff there for only one slot...

Last edited:

dryan

Arcane
Stuck at blitz's mission, everytime the game fades out to matrix it bugs out, even reloading and trying again only leads to it bugging out on the extraction point.
I had a loading problem when I was playing version 2.0. What's your version?

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Don't just reload, use the "rewind" feature. Makes for a cleaner Savegame.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I had a loading problem when I was playing version 2.0. What's your version?

Current steam build id is 393463, last patch listed on the game page is 2.0.5.

Seams reloading fixes some of the issues with the mission, but its hit or miss, forcing me to reload countless times.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
If Blitz' drone is destroyed, will it just be sent back to base and can be used later again, like with other characters? Or will it be gone for good?

dryan

Arcane
If Blitz' drone is destroyed, will it just be sent back to base and can be used later again, like with other characters? Or will it be gone for good?
It gets back on your next run. I let his drone be destroyed a couple of times already.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Basically all that drone is good for is passive tanking of retarded AI fire

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom