Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

dryan

Arcane
Just had a bad episode of altoholic compulsion.
Deleted all my saves and started from scratch with a shaman.
Funny how my summons are total pieces of shit, until they break free from my command, then they become awesome damage dealers, killing me in 2 turns.

Lujo

Augur
^ I wouldn't necessarily call them total pieces of shit as they do occasionaly f**k someone's s**t up (especially if you cast buffs on them), but there are fights where I only ever summoned them because the fight look like it could go badly unless I do - and then they promptly go nut and boooy am I in trouble then XD

They seem to be on the "awesome but impractical" side of things, especially if you're playing on a "miss everything all the time" difficulty setting.

The grenade tossing-medikt administering drone on the other hand is one usefull little bugger.

I whish you could load that thing up w Drugs and have it inject cram into everyone, that's be awesome (and broken, but mostly awesome)

On an unrelated note, on my next playthrough I'm buyin ALL THE CRAM for 150 from that seedy dico. Taht's I bargain.

Zetor

Arcane
(NB: I haven't played 5th ed yet)

I think 3th ed is the best pen-and-paper SR edition so far. 4th ed is OK, but it breaks with a lot of SR traditions (wireless matrix in particular can give a GM a lot of headaches). In general the problem with SR p&p is that the "action" can be happening in the matrix, astral space and meatspace at the same time, leading to a lot of dead time for the rest of the players while the GM discusses things with the decker or mage. Co-GMing can help, but it's a hassle.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Just finished DMS while playing it on Dragonfall Director's cut.
I just had to paste the dead_man_switch folder into the ...\Shadowrun Dragonfall\Dragonfall_Data\StreamingAssets\ContentPacks directory.
Only had an issue in the first fight where two enemies were invisible, but you could still target them easily. Other than it went smooth.

Btw the gog version has the new patch. Finally.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just finished DMS while playing it on Dragonfall Director's cut.
I just had to paste the dead_man_switch folder into the ...\Shadowrun Dragonfall\Dragonfall_Data\StreamingAssets\ContentPacks directory.

Hah, I'm surprised nobody tried that earlier. Really, the only problem was in the first fight? That's interesting.

Shadowfang

Arcane
I recommend that you back up the folder with the same name before replacing it.

Yes, i was quite suprised that it was the only issue i got. I also had some trouble on the matrix a couple of times.
It looked like i was stuck but i just had to activate a trigger by passing through a specific line.
Other than that it went it was nice.

I dont know if the game became easier or harder because of the now new flanking rules.
In one hand you get more damage, but in the other you ditch out more so, who knows.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yea, that's pretty cool. Are those enemies using a unique model / animation sequence?

circ

Arcane
New combat interface is kinda eh. I didn't think the old one was that bad, just easier access to powers would have been nice and a smaller scale but they overdid it. Oh well. Also just on the intro mission but Glory seems to have gotten a hit chance boost because she's already mvp with melee so far.

edit: oh and still no custom hotkeys.

Last edited:

Shadowfang

Arcane
Yea, that's pretty cool. Are those enemies using a unique model / animation sequence?
Thats my theory aswell.
New combat interface is kinda eh. I didn't think the old one was that bad, just easier access to powers would have been nice and a smaller scale but they overdid it. Oh well. Also just on the intro mission but Glory seems to have gotten a hit chance boost because she's already mvp with melee so far.
You will learn to like it. Specially now that we have quick keys to change between weapons. A pity it goes only as far as 3. My forth weapon is only accessible by mouse.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Doesn't change the fact that there's a fast accelerating trend of everyone wearing the same clothes, consuming the same entertainments, having the same type of government, and increasingly, speaking the same languages.
Hh.

dryan

Arcane
Hmm, if you have two shamans in the team, and only one summons an elemental, do both of them lose AP? Because I just summoned an Air Elemental on my character and Dietrich lost 1 AP too. When the elemental got killed, both he and I went back to 2 AP. Is this a bug?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Heal only heals the last damage you took, so there can be vast differences in how much it heals when you cast it. Say you get hit for 20 damage and then by another guy for 3 dmg, it will only heal the last 3 damage. If it is the other way round, it will heal the 20 damage, cause you took them last. Kind of a strange system.

edit: come to think of it, why is it designed that way?

Shadowfang

Arcane
Heal only heals the last damage you took, so there can be vast differences in how much it heals when you cast it. Say you get hit for 20 damage and then by another guy for 3 dmg, it will only heal the last 3 damage. If it is the other way round, it will heal the 20 damage, cause you took them last. Kind of a strange system.

Makes the game more challenging and a reason to rely on medic kits aswell.
If i could fully recover to max hp by using magic, i would probably be less careful while placing runners.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

It makes using healing magic a more tactical choice than just +HP to the character with the lowest.

Lujo

Augur
^ Goes beyond that, some enemies are designed to prevent you from healing by having DoT effects. The ghouls you meet in the sewers early poison (or something) you for ongoing 2 per round. If you try to heal thorough it, you only heal 2, it's quite clever ^^

Speaking of ghouls, is there any special reward for killing them instead of talking to them?

Shadowfang

Arcane
Wow, you want challenge? Do the bloodlines by storming through the front door!
It might not seem like much at first, but it will get hard eventually :D

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Speaking of ghouls, is there any special reward for killing them instead of talking to them?
Nope.

SR 4ed is mechanically the best (disclaimer: have not played 5th ed) but as stated, it breaks some SR traditions in order to "refresh" the setting/game. AFAIK, there hasn't been an utterly shitty editions in SR at all, and no really huge changes in playstyle - nothing comparable between the jump from D&D 2nd to 3.5.

Also, I am EXTREMELY BUTTHURT that GoG finally got the 2.05 patch - but for Mac. Us Windows users apparently have to wait even longer. Oh well, could be worse. Linux version hasn't been patched since 1.7 version.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Also, I am EXTREMELY BUTTHURT that GoG finally got the 2.05 patch - but for Mac. Us Windows users apparently have to wait even longer. Oh well, could be worse. Linux version hasn't been patched since 1.7 version.

I was a big supporter of GOG for a long time but I really hesitate about buying new release games there. The patching process is ass.

On topic: 7 hours in and really enjoying it. This is a fucking RPG now, thank god. Did the Lodge mission first after things opened up which might not have been wise, had a hard time in the end battle (on hard mode). Got through it on my third attempt though, felt great, much more challenge than the original campaign. Good stuff.

Lujo

Augur
^ How did you get through the final battle at all? I'm there with a phys adept now and even only fighting the 4 guys at the very exit seems like a tall order.

Lujo

Augur
Hmmm, has anyone run into a problem where you become unable to move the camera around and basically get stuck on a screen?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Dude, did anyone ever tell you that you are awesome?
Stompa beat me out of helping you Grunker but one advice, read Archology Shutdown then Brainscan and read Harlequin and then Harlequin's Back. The story told on them is so full of silliness, camp and cyberpunk that will remind you how cRPG designers and writers are amateur losers in comparison with the best on PnP. Even I don't having a group, it was a fucking entertaining reading. When an author discover a way to introduce steampunk cowboys hiding dinossaurs on a cyberpunk setting and still makes total sense, you see there is no end to creativity.:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom