Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I don't think i had any opportunities to roam in Kreuzbasar after final fight.
All i remember is that the end scene from killing the dragon transferred to dialogue with Lofwyr in the train. Either i missed something or my memory is at loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
As for dragons. I never saw them as benevolent and friendly to human kind. Yes, they side with us in DMS to prevent the bugs taking over the world, because that would damage their own interests, but otherwise they seem utterly cynical and arrogant towards ''human/metahuman'' race.
they are good by comparison to the other stuff that is out there, (most noticeably the horrors from earthdawn) since despite being ginormous near-godlike dickwads, they are still somewhat metahuman in their motivations and needs.
What is ''earthdown''?
Yes. i understand that dragons are not mere hostile creatures to humanity in Shadowrun universe, but in this particular case (DF) it pretty much exposes their nature. As of ''Firewing'', she HAS to be put to death no matter your alliances. I can't see no good reason for her to let live, but oh well, guess i suck at exploring the setting nuances.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How do i get Ajernon's reaction in the end game?

As for dragons. I never saw them as benevolent and friendly to human kind. Yes, they side with us in DMS to prevent the bugs taking over the world, because that would damage their own interests, but otherwise they seem utterly cynical and arrogant towards ''human/metahuman'' race. Tell me one reason from human perspective for not wanting them dead as species?

Their interests largely entail the preservation of metahumanity against cosmic horrors who want to destroy it, horrors metahumanity would be unable to cope with without the web of influence cast by the dragons.

What is ''earthdown''?

Earthdawn. Sister setting to Shadowrun taking place in the 4th World (think Conan the Barbarian times), more of a conventional fantasy RPG.

dryan

Arcane
As of ''Firewing'', she HAS to be put to death no matter your alliances. I can't see no good reason for her to let live, but oh well, guess i suck at exploring the setting nuances.

You should let her live if you

are a radical environmentalist like her.

or if you

believe in compromise with the lesser of two evils.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Their interests largely entail the preservation of metahumanity against cosmic horrors who want to destroy it, horrors metahumanity would be unable to cope with without the web of influence cast by the dragons.

Earthdawn. Sister setting to Shadowrun taking place in the 4th World (think Conan the Barbarian times), more of a conventional fantasy RPG.

So, you are saying that dragons are basicly God?
Do authors of Shadowrun universe think alike?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, you are saying that dragons are basicly God?
Do authors of Shadowrun universe thin alike?

They're a confederacy of politically and economically well connected individuals who collectively have the clout to smooth out the innumerable opposed interests of corporations and nation states in the 6th world in order to respond to greater threats. Basically they're like the United States or the British Empire. Closest thing to a hegemony.

Hegemonies derive their power from stability inasmuch as terrorists derive their power from chaos.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I don't see how letting her live is ''lesser of evils''. Give me a reason? She is a psycho dragon that cannot into modernity, i see. Basicaly she is Lyric Suite in dragon form. Do you want it? :smug:
They're a confederacy of politically and economically well connected individuals who collectively have the clout to smooth out the innumerable opposed interests of corporations and nation states in the 6th world in order to respond to greater threats. Basically they're like the United States or the British Empire. Closest thing to a hegemony.

Hegemonies derive their power from stability inasmuch as terrorists derive their power from chaos.
P. good reason to destroy dragons. Voiclair had it right.
Guess that's their only redeeming point, but it is created artificially in the first place and doesn't seem sound logically. Those cosmic threats are ''lol random'', yes?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Killing that dragon results in bad stuff happening later. Choose your evils.

(I killed her because when I remained indecisive, her mask of politeness dropped revealing her true self)

I don't see how letting her live is ''lesser of evils''. Give me a reason? She is a psycho dragon that cannot into modernity, i see. Basicaly she is Lyric Suite in dragon form. Do you want it? :smug:

P. good reason to destroy dragons. Voiclair had it right.

"Good" being subjective, I guess. British Empire and United States stimulated modernization on a global scale. The entire reason why their hegemony was tolerated globally was because it was beneficial, aka, most Indian Rajas that became part of the British Empire joined voluntarily when they saw the benefits of empire to continued confederacy and division (trains being a good start).

Without the dragons, its pretty much certain metahumanity will be wiped out by the next cosmic horror that comes along because institutional inertia between the world's mega corporations and governments will prevent the world's finest from coordinating an effective response. It's quite possible we won't last that long because we'll destroy what's left of our world without the dragons to tether us.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
She was a psycho killer, so she obviously needed to be put to sleep. I can't even see a moral dilemma in that, unless it would be possible to allow Vauclair's plan to proceed.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I feel like a fool, for only now i found that you can cast spells even if they are under cooldown.
Pretty cool. A pity they didn't make something closer to the tabletop ala TOEE/KOTC, but a tranny man can dream.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Well, if we assume the ''cosmic threat'' as granted and inevitable than yes. Otherwise no. Here lies my incompetence in Shadowrun universe, because i don't know how important is this ''cosmic threat''. I'm obviously judging from the perspective of current humanity where there is no cosmic anything,

Well, if we assume the ''cosmic threat'' as granted and inevitable than yes. Otherwise no. Here lies my incompetence in Shadowrun universe, because i don't know how important is this ''cosmic threat''. I'm obviously judging from the perspective of current humanity where there is no cosmic anything,

They are a threat on par with the demons of Chaos in Warhammer 40k and exist for pretty much the same reason. They keep coming back because metahumanity remains corrupt.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It seems that corruption of metahumanity has been a case since forever therefore i don't see how selfish narcissist lizard warlords who don't give a shit about humanity would be helpful in a long term.

TedNugent

Arcane
Not really related to DC per say, but to DF plot in general.
How many of you decided to the feruwshingewhateverdragon to live and why? This is solely storyfag question. I never even considered letting her out. Especially given her responses in human form. And to be honest, i would gladly side with Vauclair if there was a given choice.
What say you, Codex?

In response to your spoiler tag (spoiler below)
You can side with Vauclair. As Zetor said, highly recommended just to explore the ending - there's very little combat but lots of exposition and an interesting twist to the story. You may be shocked by the Vauclair ending.

I also played through while letting Fauerschwinge live and I was happy with the ending. Her motivation was apparently that she was disgusted by industrialization. She was dedicated to protecting the earth and the forests. Ultimately my protagonist convinced her that life was worth living because the elves still protected nature in Tir Tairngire and Tir na nOg. Typical elf shit.

Zetor

Arcane
The talismonger (or rather, his 'assistant') will give you an infodump on the Horrors if you talk to her after the attack on the Kreuzbasar (this may happen even earlier if you are a mage/shaman/adept, maybe even in the initial conversation). I'm not sure if this conversation was in the non-DC version:
[PC]
You're right. I don't have "the Sight." So tell me what you are.

[Absinthe]
Something beyond your understanding. A child of the astral plane, wild and free. Unfettered by the bonds of servitude that chain so many of my kind.
In truth, what I *am* should not concern you so much as what I *know.*

[PC]
Okay, I'll bite. Tell me what you know.

[Absinthe]
Truths hidden from mortal eyes. In my time as an observer of this world, I have witnessed a great many things.
Wonders and terrors beyond measure. The birth and death of nations. The rise and fall of gods.
I have seen the ebb and flow of magic from the Fourth World, to the Fifth, to the Sixth. I have watched in awe as the tides carried wonder and miracle into the World of Men, and I have mourned as they were swept back out again.
I have borne witness as the cycle began, and ended, and began itself anew.
I have seen what came at the end of the Fourth World, thousands of years ago, when ancient Thera crumbled into the sea. I saw the things that crawled in the carcass of that once-great nation... vile, terrible things.
Even now, I can feel them. They drift on tides of mana, hungrily awaiting the end of the Sixth World, and the death of all that you know.
I have seen what they will do when this world has run its course, $(l.race).
They will rip the guts from your dying civilization, and they will feast upon your screams.

[PC]
That sounds bad.

[Absinthe]
You have a talent for understatement.
The things that crawl in the dark spaces between the metaplanes are worse than "bad." They're monstrosities.
Horrors.
{{GM}}She looks into your eyes, and you can feel your head swimming.{{/GM}}
Your kind fears what it can see. Corporations. Dragons. Violence, and poverty, and the random cruelty of fate.
If you could perceive reality the way that I do, you would know that there are much greater things to fear.
If the world were an ocean, the hazards that you know might be sharks. Dangerous creatures, to be sure, and worthy of respect.
But below them, in the silent deep, Leviathan circles.
{{GM}}She turns away.{{/GM}}
Go now, $(l.name). Talk to Aljernon - after all that has happened, I'm sure that he'll be glad to see you. But remember what I've told you.
Incidentally, if you've had this conversation, you will be able to access the other new ending (as long as you explore everything in the manor and either have good INT, Academic etiquette, or possibly biotech):
convincing Vauclair to stop his project, which of course has some unexpected consequences

Last edited:

dryan

Arcane
Incidentally, if you've had this conversation, you will be able to access the other new ending (as long as you explore everything in the manor and either have good INT, Academic etiquette, or possibly biotech):
convincing Vauclair to stop his project, which of course has some unexpected consequences
Whoa, I didn't know that! I'm going to try this on my current playthrough :bounce:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Since the latest patch the editor doesnt accept any dependencies and crashes like a motherfucker. :| I want to work on my module ffs

Lujo

Augur
The update I played through I got the Lodge armor even though I let the prototype suicide AND delivered it to the client. Might be a bug, might not.

Also, I've never really even considered letting firewing go on the first playthrough, even though on the first playthrough of the original DF I never talked to her. First time around I freed APEX - it promised less combat and I was really into avoiding it at all costs, and the idea of setting an neo-eldricth-abomination loose seemed like a good idea at the time. The world was run by corrupt and soulless f***kheads and my sympathies were with the F-state. It seemed to me that whatever it's motivations were they'd be different from the ones which drove the kind of organizations which gave me the creeps up to that point, and controling a bunch of german anarchists was probably low on it's list of priorities. It seemed like it could be a great natural disaster kind of thing to set loose on the corporations to tie up ther resources (it seemed like something Apex would do for the lols anyway). Turned out I was right on the money there ^^

Then I gave it firewing too, with a dragon to fly around that thing seemed like it would REALLY be bad news for anyone trying to set up some sort of exploitation system in Berlin, and heckling the little folk was something Apex had been capable of doing even as a glorified firewall, it seemed like the prospect of that would be boring to it. Had I talked to the Firewing, I might've decided different, but I didn't so... APEX on the loose was a bad idea for the general decker community but as far as letting an eldricht horror loose without destroying the world outright and giving the corps something to sweat about it seemed great. Whatever you or your team did with your lives afterward was always going to be small potatoes and low on anyone's priority list ^^

EDIT: And one important thing - APEX told me it'd f**k up a vastly better funded organization of armed and dangerous creeps who tried to kill me allready and attacked my hood if I freed it. I freed it, and lo and behold it f***d up a vastly better funded organization of armed and dangerous creeps who tried to kill me already and attacked my hood. It did ask for a dragon in return at one point, but seeing that it was about as pissed off at the corps as I was, and that it was perfectly willing to take them on (with relish and flair) - it's seemed like a completely square murderous techno-deity. You free it - it's f***ks creeps up. You give it a dragon - it f***s even bigger creeps up (since anyone you could aim a loaded dragon at is pretty much guaranteed to be a creep). V nice in my book. It had a million ways of screwing me over, never did, never had a reason to, and never will most likely ^^

On the DC playthrough I decided to wipe APEX out, and it ment the mission was a complete breeze, but when left with the fate of Firewing (I didn't have academic or clue that they added an option to side with Vauclair) in my hands, I decided I liked her outlook as I was about as pissed off at the moral state of thing as she was, and again, setting her loose looked like a v. nice way to provide the big boys with something to worry about while the team and me slip into the shadows. Yep, she was a bit insane and murderously furious and stuff, but - so was I. I had to kill Vauclair because he and Audran were trying to kill me, bombed my hood, killed my pixie boss, set drakes on me and my homies and killed my intel guy, but Firewing helped me out when I needed it and if I woke up in a fucked up world which caused me insane grief and pain and had the opportunity to lash out against it - I probably would. At least she wouldn't buzz me up in the middle of a run asking me to do inhumane things while I was desperate for cash enough to not really have a choice.

So I told the girl where to go sleep the age through and recover from the torture, bcause, heck, that's what any noir protagonist wants to do after the story is over, and it was what I was looking to do - slip out quietly, glad I was alive. And if she ended up making a mess, well, more people tied up with a mad dragon rampage means fewer people coming after a small-time kiez godmother looking to keep a low profile.

Never even considered siding with Lofwyr, doing his bidding through Duerr (at least I assume that was his bidding) was enough of a taste for me to be uncomfortable with it. And I killed and screwed over enough corporates and corp security over the course of the game to know that I'd much rather be on the other side of those kind of runs in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

dryan

Arcane
Goddamn my decker is a total scrub, both in and out of the matrix. 50% hit chance at most. Even that non-shadowrunner taser-wielding electrician dwarf is a better shot than me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom