Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I agree with Gnidrologist - the mechanics of the final battle scenario were a bit unclear, and probably not in a way that added much.

Morkar Left

Well, the bad thing that playing the first time you are lead to believe that virus can be stopped by decking/venting and there is no hint that ork is what you need to be after.

Yes, but I don't consider it a bad thing. You basically don't know how exactly to stop the process and it's intentional. You go with the options you think might stop the process; destroying the vents, hacking the system, maybe frag the window while time is ticking and you're running out of options realizing that the process isn't stopped and then this guy comes up. And he's a hard hitter together with his buddies while your crew is scattered around the whole place out of a good defensive position. Brought me some very entertaining wtf moments.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If you time your matrix turns right, you can jack in, do stuff in the matrix, then jack out again in time for the next meatspace turn, letting your decker take a few shots then jack in again with his last action. He can fight almost as much as if he wasn't decking.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I was a decker too so naturally, i went on to deck with rest of my team defending the helpless body, which was a pure waste of time and HP. I'm not going into tirade of ''bad design'', because every RPG has those moments, but well, it WAS bad design.
627067.jpg

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's funny how when you play a decker you always has that irresistible urge to 'jack in' even when this is not really needed or dangerous.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Kickstarter Update

An original Shadowrun game, plus an improved extension, then a director's cut. At 15$ (10.52€) a pop, this kickstarter definitely turns out having (one of ) the best ratio in terms of content/price (and even, arguably, in terms of price/quality.)

agris

Arcane
Patron
I finished DMS a couple of times, but haven't played DF yet. Have they implemented / is it planned for us to actually be able to equip other runners without losing the equipment after the mission is over? In DMS, any gear you put on a hired runner would disappear at the end of the mission. Also, if a runner you hired died during the run, they would still be available next time. Is that shit fixed? When I lose a runner, I expect to have to deal with a shorter roster next go-around.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Also, if a runner you hired died during the run, they would still be available next time. Is that shit fixed? When I lose a runner, I expect to have to deal with a shorter roster next go-around.

It is uncertain at this point, you will be able to change the other runners equipment and there are some choices of bonus abilities to give them.

About the runners death, very low probablility of they implementing permanent death as they are an important part of the plot and it would be too much work to change that.

I'm more worried of this ability of changing their equipment, it is not clear if it means any gun or consumable given to them will be saved or they will have to be fully re-equiped every time you go on a run(could get annoying.).

agris

Arcane
Patron
Why is proper NPC inventory management beyond the ken of HBS?

almondblight

Arcane
Why is proper NPC inventory management beyond the ken of HBS?

It looks like we're also not going to get proper character development or persistence either. It's a lot harder and takes a lot more time to try to patch these things in to an engine that doesn't support them then it is to just create an engine with them in the first place.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I kinda like the companion inventory non-persistence since it means I can go wild with using their items without triggering CRPG item hoarding instinct

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The downside is that it discourages putting anything into their inventory until the final mission because otherwise you might end up not using it and losing it forever.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Exactly, but Infinitron still has a point. Between the two, I'd rather have control over the inventory.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yeah, music in SRR games is the best in games since, i don't know how long. Basically all the artistic aspects of this game (level design, portraits) is best i've encountered in last 10 years (though grantned, i've been out of the loop), gameplay has much more to be desired though. Still, it seems crafted with same attention to details as good ol' Black Isle/Troyka games in at least one aspect. Too bad there are not much consequences to apparently great amount of choices (mostly thinking about Dragonfall). They seem to be more emotional than consequential.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom