Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I'm fairly certain that the number 18 comes BEFORE 19..... :M

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
So, reinstalled windoze on my brand new SSD and was going to continue by entering that Aztec mission. Just wanted to check if there is really no way to go stealth if i don't have charisma/security etiquette and must go all guns blazing for the get go? It'll probably be p. harsh to have all the knight errands on by back right from the start, given that there are probably lot of stationary security guys already there. I know about the option to fuck up their power grid, but it seems like an assholish thing to do (guess there aren't really consequences there anyway), but does it actually help that much in being undetected anyway?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Can't get what's the purpose ''quickness'' check and ''shoot first'' at the elevator guard section. The alert is triggered anyway. And once again security etiquette or charisma is the only way to get through undetected. I can understand with CHA having exclusive benefits, but it seems that security etiquette is the only useful in this game gameplay wise. Should've read the walkthrough before creating char.=/

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can't get what's the purpose ''quickness'' check and ''shoot first'' at the elevator guard section. The alert is triggered anyway. And once again security etiquette or charisma is the only way to get through undetected. I can understand with CHA having exclusive benefits, but it seems that security etiquette is the only useful in this game gameplay wise. Should've read the walkthrough before creating char.=/
The etiquettes are unbalanced, but you should find at least one use for each.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I have street one and at this point there was only one use for it (with soykaf kids), which is utterly pointless. Wondering if i should invest some points in CHA. Have 21 unused karma now, but i get a feeling that there wont be much use for it pat the Azzie mission. Prolly better get that pistol skill up to use chainshot and face what's coming.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I like talky characters, and at character creation, I put (4 or is it 5)? into CHA so I can have at least 2 etiquette's.

Etiquette's are quite broken. Wish Obsidian could do a game with this engine............

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yeah, well the mission actually turned out a ''milkrun''. Killed those blood mages everyone was talking about so fearfully almost with protag alone without taking a single hit cowboy style. And then there were two guards around the generator and that's all. Pfffft..

Btw, what's the difference between Thunderbold and Manhunter pistols? It says that Thunderbolt has burst, but there is no indication whether positive or negative about Ruger in that regard. Are they basically same and it's merely a matter of style which to choose? Weapons information is sorely lacking in this game.

Zetor

Arcane
Basically the same. Manhunter has a larger clip but no burst fire; Thunderbolt also needs ranged combat 6 instead of 5. (the files under the spoiler are from vanilla, Thunderbolt didn't have burst fire then)

edit: there's also the Warhawk on that tier, which does +2 damage, but it's a revolver, so ammo capacity is low and some pistol specials aren't usable.
Code:
id: "Pi 3 Ruger Thunderbolt"
type: ItemType_Pistol
uirep {
  icon: "icon_gun_rugerthunderbolt"
  name: "Ruger Thunderbolt"
  description: "Lone Star's favorite heavy pistol."
}
equipPrefabName: "AresPredatorPistol"
anim_type: AnimType_Pistol
coreAttribute: Attribute_Quickness
coreSkill: Skill_RangedCombat
coreSpecialization: Specialization_RC_Pistol
apCost: 1
prereqStrings: "Player.SKILL.Skill_RangedCombat >= 6"
maxAmmo: 12
baseHPDamage: 14
baseAPDamage: 0
rangeModTable: 8
rangeModTable: 6
rangeModTable: 4
rangeModTable: 2
rangeModTable: 0
rangeModTable: -2
rangeModTable: -4
rangeModTable: -6
rangeModTable: -8
rangeModTable: -10
rangeModTable: -12
rangeModTable: -14
rangeModTable: -16
rangeModTable: -18
rangeModTable: -20
rangeModTable: -22
rangeModTable: -24
noiseLevel: 9
noiseRounds: 1
ammoReloadAPCost: 1
abilityModes: "Single (Pistol)"
affectsEnemy: true
canTargetActor: true
store_cost: 500
sorting_group: "Pistols"

Code:
id: "Pi 3 Colt Manhunter"
type: ItemType_Pistol
uirep {
  icon: "icon_gun_coltmanhunter"
  name: "Colt Manhunter"
  description: "A heavy pistol created to perform perfectly under the most extreme situations."
}
equipPrefabName: "AresPredatorPistol"
anim_type: AnimType_Pistol
coreAttribute: Attribute_Quickness
coreSkill: Skill_RangedCombat
coreSpecialization: Specialization_RC_Pistol
apCost: 1
prereqStrings: "Player.SKILL.Skill_RangedCombat >= 5"
maxAmmo: 16
baseHPDamage: 14
baseAPDamage: 0
rangeModTable: 6
rangeModTable: 4
rangeModTable: 2
rangeModTable: 0
rangeModTable: -2
rangeModTable: -4
rangeModTable: -6
rangeModTable: -8
rangeModTable: -10
rangeModTable: -12
rangeModTable: -14
rangeModTable: -16
rangeModTable: -18
rangeModTable: -20
rangeModTable: -22
rangeModTable: -24
noiseLevel: 9
noiseRounds: 1
ammoReloadAPCost: 1
abilityModes: "Single (Pistol)"
affectsEnemy: true
canTargetActor: true
store_cost: 425
sorting_group: "Pistols"

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Oh, so the presence of burst is the difference. That's pretty damn important and makes Thunderbolt obviously superior assuming it has all the other perks too.

Zetor

Arcane
Yeah, it actually has 'selective fire' in DF (just checked the files). That means it gets "Pistol Burst" in addition to the normal abilities. OTOH the revolvers like Warhawk only get Aimed Shot, Deadeye Shot, Disarm Shot (no doubletap, chainshot or burst) in exchange for the larger base damage, which makes them worthwhile only as a secondary weapon for a high ranged-combat character who has few points in pistols.

I think a tooltip system could explain this pretty well, but lol tablet interface.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Can't get what's the purpose ''quickness'' check and ''shoot first'' at the elevator guard section. The alert is triggered anyway.
I don't know for certain but if I had to guess, it means you get to go first instead of them.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
So what's up with the final boss fight? I keep opening these vents, but nothing happens and game overs. Do i really need to dive into matrix to complete this shit?

Zetor

Arcane
You need to kill some waves of mooks (and eventually the boss) before time runs out; opening vents (either physically or via the matrix) just gives you some extra time.

Zetor

Arcane
That sounds like a terrible fight...
Considering that SRR's combat is generally not very challenging if the player plays defensively (even on Very Hard and/or with gimped characters), I'm okay with timed fights forcing the player on the offensive.

I probably would've used a "soft enrage timer" (e.g. more enemies spawning in and/or party starting to take unavoidable damage) instead of "hard enrage timer" (time runs out: LOL YOU LOSE), but they accomplish the same goal.

Morkar Left

That sounds like a terrible fight...
It was actually pretty good. It's a bossfight they actually thought through unlike most quicktime-event fights or the "just resurrect him again with more hp lol" fights you get usually.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Didn't know that you simply need to kill the super orc to stop the countdown. Quite silly. So i reloaded and simply holed up next to Vaucler's aquarium and waited till he runs out to hand me the WIN button. Convenient. :M

Morkar Left

You could have known the first time already if you paid attention on what's going on :) And that's exactly the thing I meant.
Doing something the second time when you already know what will happen is always easier.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
How? Could i know that my goal is to wait for head security guy to come down and chew on my bullets 3 turns before the end of the countdown just to screw his own mission over and give me the win key? Usually when you see devices and contraptions scattered around the boss area, they are meant to be used, not seen as distraction that shouldn't been paid attention to unless you want to lose.

Morkar Left

They aren't a distraction, the timelimit is actually tight and you have to use them. The guy is a further distraction that is meant to wipe out your party when you're focused on other things (stopping/reducing the timelimit) which he does pretty good.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
So,you're saying that opening those vents merely adds couple more turns to fight mobs and spawning mobs are merely there to interfere with your opening of vents. Makes a lot of sense. :lol:
No, the optimal solution is actually what i wrote above. Just wait for the fat guy behind safe cover, while turkey shooting respawning mercs and, when he appears, exterminatus him ASAP. Trying to win some time actually backfires, because you become one party member less, thus taking more damage and the party member in question is 100% exposed to fire, which means that by the time fatman shows up, you're party is up shit creek. Not saying that it's impossible to win it that way, just that it doesn't make sense, when you know the outcome.

Morkar Left

Yes, the second time it's easier because you already know that he will show up, when he will show up and therefore how to position yourself like I already wrote.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Well, the bad thing that playing the first time you are lead to believe that virus can be stopped by decking/venting and there is no hint that ork is what you need to be after.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom