Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
wat
In DMS that german elfguy didn't imply he was Lofwyr himself, just that he has communicated with him about the bug stuff.

Don't worry, that's not exactly a spoiler. You're "supposed" to know it from the Shadowrun lore - it's not a plot point in the games.

Hegel

Arcane
Although Dragons (but I'm unsure, some Dragons could) can't enter the Matrix, they are able to send messages (or use telepathy). Normally they employ metahumans as proxies and assistants.
Dunkelzahn was elected POTUS.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How do they communicate with their proxies? Blowing rancid breath to their faces in some cave?

As far as I am familiar with Shadowrun lore, they can shapeshift to humanoid forms.

EDIT:
Lofwyr in dragon form:
Lofwyr_und_seine_direkten_Untergebenen.JPG

Lofwyr in humanoid form:
Npc_humanmale_hansbrackhaus.png

WAIT, THAT GUY WHO KEPT TALKING ABOUT LOFWYR WAS ACTUALLY LOFWYR??!! FFUUUUUUU

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
New update on this is out:

Today, I'd like to tell you about some of the brand new content we've added to the Director’s Cut. Don’t worry, I’ll keep this post spoiler-free; it’s safe to read on, even if you haven’t played through Shadowrun: Dragonfall yet.

Companion Story Missions - From the very beginning of our work on Dragonfall, we wanted to include missions that would tie directly into the back stories of the game’s major companion NPCs - Glory, Eiger, Dietrich, and Blitz. Unfortunately, during the development of the campaign, it became obvious that we weren’t going to have enough time to really do justice to the concept. Ultimately, we decided that if we couldn’t do these missions right, we shouldn’t do them at all.*

After Dragonfall was released, it became clear to us that our players wanted to experience these missions as much as we wanted to write and design them. This is why, when we decided to move forward with the Director’s Cut, companion story missions were at the top of our to-do list.

A location from Glory's mission.

In Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut, you will find three new full-length missions that tie directly into the personal stories of Glory, Eiger, and Blitz. These stories range from supernatural horror to techno-thriller to dark comedy, and each mission touches on a different aspect of the Shadowrun universe.

Your companion characters can also earn unique rewards for completing their story missions. Blitz, for example, can gain the ability to corrupt hostile IC in the Matrix, forcing it to fight with him rather than against him. There are two different rewards for each story mission, but you’ll only be able to obtain one of them on any given playthrough. These rewards are separate from those gained in the Crew Advancement system (see below).

*The only concession to this idea that made it into Dragonfall was Dietrich’s involvement in an early mission of the game. By the way, don’t worry - we’re adding a unique reward for him, too.

Crew Advancement - You wanted more control over how your companion NPCs progressed in Dragonfall, and in the Director’s Cut, we’re delivering! Because Eiger, Glory, Dietrich, and Blitz are their own people, we aren’t giving you complete control over their character sheets; Eiger will always be a deadly ranged combatant, and Dietrich will never decide to give up magic and embark on an exciting new career as a decker. Instead, we’re implementing a system that will allow you to choose one of two all-new, unique enhancements for each of your companion characters every time they advance in skill.

For example, on a skill-up you might choose to grant Eiger the ability to fire a Dragon’s Breath round from her shotgun, penetrating armor and setting opponents on fire. Or you could give her the ability to fire an Interdiction round from her sniper rifle: a discarding-sabot HTI shot that completely ignores armor. Under this system, you will have the flexibility to choose how you would like to specialize your characters within their existing roles.

We’re also giving you the ability to customize the weapon, spell, and consumable loadouts for your companion characters, but I’ll leave the details on that for a future Dev Diary.

Additional Missions - In addition to the Companion Story Missions detailed above, two other full-length missions have been added to the game.

In “Trial Run,” you will undertake a mission for the mysterious Lodge, one of the side factions in Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Over the course of the run, you’ll learn how the organization conducts its business… but the Lodge will learn even more about you.

In “Lockdown,” you’ll get the opportunity to delve into the checkered past of the Kreuzbasar’s resident cybersurgeon, Dr. Xabier Ezkibel. Successfully completing this mission will unlock a variety of bleeding-edge bioware upgrades in Ezkibel’s clinic. Ever taken serious damage while out of range of a healer? Those shiny new Platelet Factories are just what the Doctor ordered… assuming, of course, that you have a big enough wad of nuyen to afford them.

Additional Endings - Without delving into spoiler territory, I can say that we’ve always wanted to explore some “what if?” scenarios related to Shadowrun: Dragonfall’s ending. There are two additional endings in the Director’s Cut; these new endings have been designed to give players even more agency in deciding how the story should unfold.

More Character Development - Several side characters from Shadowrun: Dragonfall have had their roles significantly enhanced, from the enigmatic Absinthe to the anarchistic Lucky Strike.

More Lore - There’s even more great Shadowrun lore in the Director’s Cut, including more easter eggs for long-time fans of the pen-and-paper game.

And that’s not all! But I’ll save the rest for our upcoming Dev Diaries.

:yeah:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Five new full lengh missions? DragonFall had...what? Eight fullfledged missions? 50% more missions...

:yeah: Indeed.

Morkar Left

Sounds good but I'm sceptical about the additinal abilities and stuff. I hope they will adjust the difficulty or otherwise it becomes blatantly easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Darkzone

Arcane
It does sound very good. And it was too easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Dunno, i was having trouble already the first time those ''knight something'' dudes showed up so i don't see how the game is ''too easy''. Maybe i shouldn't have opted for decker/pistolero, but still. Haven't even entered the Aztech building yet as my hdd fried as i was telling in another thread. Will probably be a hell of a fight, because the natural companions aren't really good. Additional missions to gather that extra karma would be welcome.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Fuck and yes. I played DMS a few times, but never got around to DF. Now I just need to torment myself for another month with the PoE beta...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Many dragons can speak several of the "Young Races" languages. They prefer to speak in Dragon though (which is telepathic).

IIRC dragons can only "speak" via telepathy. That's why they need metahuman interpreters to speak aloud for them on TV interviews and other non-magic media. Nadja Daviar/Dunkelzahn is the obvious example to cite.

WAIT, THAT GUY WHO KEPT TALKING ABOUT LOFWYR WAS ACTUALLY LOFWYR??!! FFUUUUUUU

He uses the same name as Lofwyr does when he's chatting on the Matrix in the various sourcebooks. Given the threat faced (Dragons knew the Invae were bad mojo) and the clout of the other people present in the room, it's pretty likely that it's the wizwyrm himself.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Again my Lore is VERY rusty. It is probably mentioned in the Earthdawn: Book of Dragon. I don't have that handy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, Hestaby has to use magic (as in casting an actual spell) to project her voice without an interpreter for the media. So I guess they have ways of speaking without telepathy. They're just cumbersome. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom