Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
823F8281840D8377035FA427CDD7D8755F791A3A

That's a lot of Karma to spend for a talky character.... :/ Ouch.

That first mission was fun. If that is any indication of the rest, this is going to be a lot of fun. <3

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heh, almost finished it,
Vauclair tells me his plan... and I like his plan. It's a good plan. I don't even give a shit about him having to burn Berlin because Berlin in the Shadowrun future is an anarchist shithole, wiping it out is a good chance for a new beginning with a proper government there.

I fully support Vauclair and his plans.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Heh, almost finished it,
Vauclair tells me his plan... and I like his plan. It's a good plan. I don't even give a shit about him having to burn Berlin because Berlin in the Shadowrun future is an anarchist shithole, wiping it out is a good chance for a new beginning with a proper government there.

I fully support Vauclair and his plans.
Considering that the dragons are the ones that protected humanity from interdimentional, immortal, corrupting monsters that eat human life and suffering and turn anything they touch on bizzare, creepy and corrupt versions of the previous beings that become empty shell to be manipulated and distorted on all kinds of disgusting ways. He was going to do a hell of a job destroying the world.:salute:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/234650/announcements/detail/175957169892114350

Shadowrun Returns version 1.2.7 is now live!
31 JULY - HAREBRAINED SCHEMES
Release 1.2.7 contains a variety of Dragonfall and Dead Man's Switch campaign fixes and general system improvements. If you are encountering any campaign issues in Dragonfall, please update to build 1.2.7 immediately. (To update, restart Steam and then allow Shadowrun Returns to fully verify and download the new build.)

If you are experiencing a campaign-related issue, you may also need to restart your current scene (select "Restart Level" from the PDA) or rewind (select "Rewind" from the PDA save screen, then select a previous level) to before you encountered the issue in order to resolve the issue.

TROUBLESHOOTING & REPORTING BUGS:
If you are experiencing technical issues with Shadowrun Returns or Shadowrun: Dragonfall, please see this post:http://steamcommunity.com/app/234650/discussions/0/558749191390963834/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed issue where level start triggers could be refired when loading a saved game.
  • Fixed issue that caused Drones to not heal with Shadowrunners upon return to a safe area.
  • Fixed issue that caused Drones to not heal last damage with Shadowrunners when combat ended.

Bug Fixes: Dragonfall Campaign
  • Fixed issue that caused players to potentially enter into a state where Optional Objective should not be completed in MKVI mission.
  • Fixed issue where game could enter into a bad state in Bloodlines mission.
  • Fixed issue that caused incorrect conversation option in Epilogue.
  • Fixed issue in Bloodlines conversation that caused player to enter into combat with non hostile enemies.
  • Shadowland post spelling/grammar/punctuation fixes.

Bug Fixes: Dead Man's Switch Campaign
  • Fixed issue that allowed players to save into a state where the Main character is Immortal.
  • Fixed issue that allowed Players to save into a bad state in Family Debts level.
  • Fixed issue causing enemies to spawn without orders resulting in a blocker in Family Debts level.
  • Rebalanced hired character Dodger for Telestrian Industries mission.
  • Rebalanced hired character Harlequin for the Hunt Begins mission.
  • Rebalanced hired character Tir Tairngire Ghost for the Hunt Begins mission.
  • Removed collision from prop that was causing potential play blocking issue in The Hunt Begins mission.

• Rebalanced hired character Dodger for Telestrian Industries mission.
  • Rebalanced hired character Harlequin for the Hunt Begins mission.
  • Rebalanced hired character Tir Tairngire Ghost for the Hunt Begins mission.

'bout fucking time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Update #75 from Shadowrun Returns
Aug 15 2014

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Details + Screenshots from GenCon!

Hello from GenCon! As promised a couple weeks ago, we’re ready to tell you more aboutShadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut. In fact, Mitch and Jordan will be talking about the game at their Shadowrun “What’s Next” panel tomorrow at the Crowne Plaza. If you’re at GenCon, come check out the panel! You can also drop by Booth 2343 to chat more with members of the Harebrained team, play some Golem Arcana, or catch a sneak peek of the new Dragonfall trailer.

But if you’re not here at GenCon, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. Here’s the scoop on the Director’s Cut:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut will be released for Windows, OSX & Linux onSeptember 18th, 2014 for $14.99. It will be available on Steam, GoG, and the Humble Store. And - in case you missed our previous update: as a continued “thank you” for your support, the Director’s Cut will be FREE to all Backers and owners of the original Dragonfall release.

Click-through for full illustration.

To tell you more about what’s in the Director’s Cut, we’ll be posting a new developer diary each Thursday between now and launch, looking at a different aspect of what we’ve been working on.

• Week 1 (8/21): Andrew McIntosh discusses the new missions and other kinds of content we’ve added to Dragonfall.
  • Week 2 (8/28): Jon Everist talks about his experience composing music for Dragonfall and expanding the game’s soundtrack for the Director’s Cut.
  • Week 3 (9/4): Trevor King-Yost explains the major improvements we’ve made to Dragonfall’s combat systems.
  • Week 4 (9/10): Mike McCain shows the new in-game interface and talks about how it makes combat more fun and intuitive.
In the meantime - here are a few teaser screenshots of the new stuff!

The new Director’s Cut UI in action. Those pips above the health bars? That’s the new armor system. Stay tuned to hear more about that.

An example of some of the game’s new visual effects and improved death sequences.

One of the new Director’s Cut missions. It looks kind of hot in there…

We’re really excited to share the Director’s Cut with all of you and to bring a whole new set of players into the world of Shadowrun. We believe that with all of the new content and improvements, and with your support, Dragonfall can be the definitive Shadowrun PC gaming experience.

Lastly: See below for answers to some common questions we’ve been asked about the Director’s Cut, and stay tuned for our first Dev Diary next week!

- Love, HBS

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut FAQ
Why did you guys decide to make the Director’s Cut?

We posted a Kickstarter update recently explaining our motivation behind the Director’s Cut.Check it out!

The Director’s Cut will be the same price as the DLC? Why aren’t you charging more for this?

We decided to leave it at the same price because an increase didn’t feel right. After the original release, we frequently heard comments like ‘I wish it was standalone’ and ‘the story left me yearning for more’. By creating the Director’s Cut, we wanted to do both (and more!) without making your wallet cry.

I own the DLC version of Dragonfall, do I have to buy the Director’s Cut to play the new content?

If you purchased the DLC version through a major digital retailer, you’ll receive the Director’s Cut for free! Kickstarter backers that claimed their DLC code will also be given the Director’s Cut! It will show up as a separate title in your Steam, Humble, or GOG libraries on launch day - look for “Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut”. If you have issues finding it in your library, contact the store for help.

Can I use my existing saves with the standalone version of Dragonfall? What about my characters?

Saves and characters created on the DLC version of Dragonfall won’t carry over to the Director’s Cut. Since we reworked and added so much to the Director’s Cut, loading a DLC save would cause parts of the game to not make sense - both functionally and narratively speaking.

Will the DLC and Director’s Cut use the same Editor and Steam Workshop?

Much like existing saves and characters, the new editor has some pretty significant changes. To make sure your content remains intact, the Director’s Cut will have a separate Editor and Steam Workshop. Missions made in the SRR editor, will be uploaded to the SRR Workshop. Likewise, missions made with the DC editor will be available in the DF:DC Workshop. We’re putting together instructions on how creators can “update” their existing UGC missions to work with the new editor and Steam Workshop, so keep an eye out for further information.

What will happen to the DLC version of Dragonfall?

Because they’re both same price, the DLC version will be removed from sale when the Director’s Cut is released. However, if you already own the DLC version, you’ll still be able to access it at any time through Shadowrun Returns. (We’re just removing it from sale, not from your existing library.)

Is the Director’s Cut coming to tablet?

A tablet version of the Director’s Cut is also in the works! We’re shooting for an October release on iOS and Android.

Is there any possibility of a Director’s Cut for Dead Man’s Switch?

Currently, we don’t have plans for a DMS Director’s Cut. However, we've released several updates to DMS over the course of the last year, including a major update with the new save game functionality when Dragonfall first launched. A few weeks ago, we pushed another DMS patch which includes some balance changes to key parts of the game. While it’s not a Director’s Cut, we hope those changes will provide a better experience for everyone.

Does HBS have plans to create another standalone campaign?

We would love to - but we don’t have any firm plans for one yet. To be honest, we've been heads down on the Director's Cut and are still exploring what to work on next. But rest assured, if we start on a new Shadowrun title, you guys will be the first to know!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We would love to - but we don’t have any firm plans for one yet. To be honest, we've been heads down on the Director's Cut and are still exploring what to work on next. But rest assured, if we start on a new Shadowrun title, you guys will be the first to know!

YOU WERE WRONG Roguey!!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pffffft. When did things such as explicitly being told otherwise by the developers ever stop Roguey from making shit up?

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
Directors cut or not they still cant make mediocre game a good one... I would feel glad if they used the money they got for a proper p&p shadowrun rpg, but nah, why would they, when flash rpg's like these and south park are hot this days...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

YOU WERE WRONG Roguey!!
Strange that they would contract a writer through December then.

dryan

Arcane
Directors cut or not they still cant make mediocre game a good one... I would feel glad if they used the money they got for a proper p&p shadowrun rpg, but nah, why would they, when flash rpg's like these and south park are hot this days...

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall is already a good game. Director's cut will only make it better.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
This is definitely better than DMS, but man, it's not often would say it - TOO MUCH TEXT! Spending more time wading through all the dialogues and plot things than advancing through areas.

DeepOcean

Arcane
This is definitely better than DMS, but man, it's not often would say it - TOO MUCH TEXT! Spending more time wading through all the dialogues and plot things than advancing through areas.
Just don't read them, most of the text is optional. Besides... reading makes well for the mind and soul chummer. Do you want ending eating Doritos in front of a Xbone and comming out as a whinning, complaining console faggit?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Don't worry, there won't be much new dialogue in the Kreusbazar after you've talked to everyone there for the first time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Not exactly hard to figure out what would be substituted in place of HUMAN, ELF, ORK and TROLL in real life, is it? They probably did some research on Stormfront for that mission.

Jarakka

Learned
After being sort of "Eh, it's okay but to be honest not that great" with DMS I played DF and what they said was true. It is better, but I think it still shares the one big problem as DMS.

This game would be so interesting if you actually were some random shadowrunner, not out to get revenge or solve a mystery or anything like that, but just some freelancer who would have to hire a group of strangers and then go out to do a dozen different shadowruns. Because seriously, I didn't give a shit about Coyote, Glory etc. but I did get surprisingly attached to some random troll I hired in DMS on every single mission I did and the same thing happened in DF with Lucky Strike. And the best runs were the sidequests where you only got some really obscure goal, as in 'get X, it's some kind of weapon prototype' and then halfway through the run notice it's not really what you were expecting at all, while most of the plot-related stuff I did I've pretty much forgotten already.

I think it had benefited SRR a lot more if it had been such rather than forcing a main plot you eventually have to follow. Even if the plot was good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom