Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #77: Dragonfall Director's Cut gets an official trailer

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah it's Shadowrun canon that giving yourself near-zero essence turns you into a nigh-emotionless person.

Septaryeth

Augur
Oh, I should have posted the feature list from the game's Steam page:
Complementing these improvements is an upgraded AI system which reacts more intelligently and accurately to your actions.
  • All-new alternate endings to the main campaign

Combat has always been the weak part of this game due to the duhhhhh AI, in both official campaigns and mods.
It would be really interesting just to see how much they can improve from this.
Alternate endings are somehow less surprising, given some modders claimed they have already done that (Atumbra?)
Still, at least it gives people the incentive for another playthrough.

almondblight

Arcane
I can't reiterate how disappointed I am that they won't be doing another Shadowrun game tho.

A couple of months ago they were hiring a SRR writer to work with them through December. Timing seems to suggest a new campaign in early 2015. I imagine part of that is also why they're re-releasing Dragonfall (trying to grow the user base a bit before an expansion).

DeepOcean

Arcane
I can't reiterate how disappointed I am that they won't be doing another Shadowrun game tho.

They haven't stated that explicitly, no?
No, they didn't say explicitly but they stated that would depend on DragonFall sells and as those were way lower than the original game, as expected from DLC, it is very uncertain, it all depends of how many sells they are expecting. They let open a possibility of a new kickstarter in case the sells not being good enough to keep them working but they didn't look very enthusiastic about the idea and the whole thing would depend on Microsoft approval as they are the holders of the licence. I'm worried the Director's cut will be the last we gonna see of shadowrun.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A couple of months ago they were hiring a SRR writer to work with them through December. Timing seems to suggest a new campaign in early 2015. I imagine part of that is also why they're re-releasing Dragonfall (trying to grow the user base a bit before an expansion).

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ing-september-18th.90165/page-30#post-3436589

No, they didn't say explicitly but they stated that would depend on DragonFall sells and as those were way lower than the original game, as expected from DLC, it is very uncertain, it all depends of how many sells they are expecting. They let open a possibility of a new kickstarter in case the sells not being good enough to keep them working but they didn't look very enthusiastic about the idea and the whole thing would depend on Microsoft approval as they are the holders of the licence. I'm worried the Director's cut will be the last we gonna see of shadowrun.

There's always Shadowrun Online :troll:

almondblight

Arcane

Yeah man, same thing they were saying after Dragonfall was released, along with the "additional content depends on sales, get the word out!" Yeah, I know, HBS lied about the DRM but they wouldn't lie about this. Next thing you know I'll be telling you that Bungie wasn't being honest when they said that making Halo an X-Box exclusive was completely their decision and wasn't Microsoft's decision.

You think they hired a writer for six months so that they'd work on the directors cut for 2.5 months and then sit around making coffee for the other 3.5? (and we all know the first couple of months on the job is the most productive...)

Possible, I guess. But seems unlikely.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If they keep going with this direction, and if they do a new campaign, it would be really damn good. I SO hope they will no a new campaign. PLEASE HBS!

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

They haven't stated that explicitly, no?

Well, they might not be, but I am. A KickStarter would incentivize coming up with bold new improvement to the game they've made in order to attract attention. The traditional route encourages them to make use mostly of what they have.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom