Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Commandos clone with ninjutsu theme

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Mugen can carry 2 bodies and throw them to a short distance.
And I believe Yuki's dragging counts as a crouch, so you can drag bodies around the long distance sight ranges.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mugen can carry 2 bodies and throw them to a short distance.
And I believe Yuki's dragging counts as a crouch, so you can drag bodies around the long distance sight ranges.

Geisha lady does the same, I actually use these two a lot and get used to their body dragging range. Then forget that Mugen and Hayato gets up to carry a body...

Takuma is OP btw, his tanuki + gas grenades combo is a freaking weapon of silent mass destruction.

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
You can punch and stun them, they'll think it was an animal attack or accident unless you get caught doing it. And you can lure guards from posts(except strawhats) with foot prints on the snow. Hide with Mugen and lure them away with Yuko.
Well, I know the mechanics but the level is packed...

What is better, north or south gate? Should the Samurai travel by cart?

English VO: Cringeworthy IMO. I think it works in Shadow Warrior because it's a comedy, you're not really meant to take it seriously, but this fu manchu accent stuff is really out of place in a Serious Game.
I for one, dont think this is a serious game. Its an action adventure type of thing. I mean, Yuki, a cute minor slits throats like a champ and enjoys it.
Shit, they have the Shogun's evil brother in the second cutscene...
And the other thing is, how do authentic japs sound like if they speak engrish? Because whats the alternative? American accent? French? Ze german one, like the devs?

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Throwing enemies up the roof is cheating.

Yeah, I dont know how to do eet, Imai that is, without a knockout factory... Entered the north gate by holding 3 enemies in hands, dropping them where the cart drives, quickly baiting 2 left at the gate and knocking them out and then entering teh gate for meeting point A. From there it got even worse. Spent 60 minutes trying shit out to get to the tower before again resorting to knockout factory tactix... Yuki bashes 3 downed enemies behind the shed, lol dem APS, while Mugen knocks out the 4th and then the tower.

What pisses me off is that they dont show the 3 main badges before teh fuckn level starts. Imai supposedly can be done without destroying the tower and killing anyone inside the compound.. It least thats 2 badges that do exist.

Game has another slight "exploit" with the doors, maybe its intended this way. While the enemy enters, you exit and knock him out.

Also, you seem to make almost zero noise while crawling so you can crawl behind enemies point blanc and they dont notice, feels cheaty...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
nop, there are missions where you hafta shank gits dead

although i guess you can have (((tragic accidents))) happen to them

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does it have sword fightan like robin hood?
I don't remember what you're talking about, but there is no combat engine, just moves like in Desperados that either kill a guy or don't.

can you ghost every single mission?
Murder is definitely required, but there are badges for "don't kill anybody except your target", so it's possible to do that.

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
I saw a sneak peek with the dudes ad Daedelic earlier this year - it looks completely amazing! Im gonna buy it now - thanks for reminding me!

agris

Arcane
Patron
I saw a sneak peek with the dudes ad Daedelic earlier this year - it looks completely amazing! Im gonna buy it now - thanks for reminding me!
they've got the commandos-like mechanics implemented in Unity, you've got amazing 2D art and experience with Unity... just saying...

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Bought it on GOG yesterday, encouraged by all the positive feedback. Far surpassing my expectations so far, GOTY, "Commandos is back!" and all that. Like, seriously.

I can't help but applaud your impeccable taste.
You do remember posting a very interesting picture, don't you, Pyke? Just winking and nudging...

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Uh, dont like the 4th level, the Mountain Temple. No-killing run.

The beginning is all good but its all basically "shrink cone, run past it" twitch gameplay without much thinking, still ok. But after you walked through the level, you now have to guide Mugen through all of it again which is a trivial timesink with the new cloths... except the samurai at the end at the bottom of the stairs. Thats another twitch section consisting of "shrink cone, run past it" but far less trivial.

And as I mentioned before, moving extremely close to enemies doesnt trigger them fast enough. Geisha managed to squeeze past behind teh samurai, which I'm pretty sure is not supposed to happens since he turns around. Its like tapping someone on the left shoulder from behind and when tehy look you appear from the right...

Game also doesnt react to the prisoner escape even if you dont kill anyone and they see that he is gone. All that happens is ALARM! and 2 extra guards walk out...

There is a convention about anachronistic language in Serious Films
This is not Serious Film. Its not even serious game.
This is not anachronistic language, in context. Cause no one expects ye olde british in movies about Henry IV.
And frankly idgaf about baseless conventions.

The concept is thus: Mugen, the Japan born, pure bred jap Samurai, retells you the story of his Shogun. In English, since you are too dumb for hieroglyphs. Hence the accent. All your arguments are invalid. You just get your panties into a bunch cause you dont like it, for whatever reason.

And what if I told you that the voice actors are japs themselves and dont ham it up even?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
"Dunmore" sounds like a typical japanese surname to me. They probably forgot to put the dash above the O.

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Damn, men, is it possible to poison Lord Yabu on the tea island with only the two ninjas, without the old man and Kuba? No killing. Cause I dont see it. Knockout factory doesnt seem to work since they hear it for some reason... I am too lazy to try and get the old man there, since I might as well take the sniper shot instead.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I recommend skipping both the sniper shot and the tea party and just lobbing a nade on Yabu and his entourage instead :troll:

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Thats murder and murder is bad. I wont soil Yuki's innocence!
Besides, old man is outside.

Last edited:

zool

Arcane
Just finished the first level of the demo, started the second level and I must say I'm seriously impressed. Interesting and quite original setting (for a Commandos-like type of game), superb art, very good sound effect and voiceovers, all coming with a great gameplay which kept Commandos' and Desperados' good ideas and improved on them.

I have too many games on my backlog right now to pay 40$ fo a game I won't have time to play before sometime but I'll definitely purchase it next year or so when it's on sale on GoG.

It seems we have finally found a worthy successor to Pyro's and Spellbound's games, rejoice!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Bought it on GOG yesterday, encouraged by all the positive feedback. Far surpassing my expectations so far, GOTY, "Commandos is back!" and all that. Like, seriously.

I can't help but applaud your impeccable taste.
You do remember posting a very interesting picture, don't you, Pyke? Just winking and nudging...

I would love to do one, There was a guy who did a full Unity tutorial on how to recreate Commandos - if I ever get the programming itch Ill probably try it out!

Urbanolo

Augur
Fucking hell, bought this game on gram.pl yesterday (which is a normal shop, not a reseller, though it's potatoland, you never know) and they've sent me a duplicate. And now I have to wait till tomorrow or God knows how much longer to get the proper, working key. Hope the game is worth it, cause it's like my second almost D1P this year after Dungeon Rats.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished mission 3 on ironman. All these missclicks. The pain...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Did anyone get the all-torch badge in the eavesdropping mission? I put out all the torches on the map and killed all the torchbearers, but it didn't process for me.

Unless "including all enemies" also means torch-bearing redshirts that hide in rax, but that would be seriously gay...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom